1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Portland OR S/C Install

Discussion in 'North West' started by PeniroN, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mar 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    PeniroN

PeniroN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '12 T|X Pro 6spd
    I heard the TRD superchargers are about to be realesed for the '12's. Just wondering if anybody has used any of the dealers around the Portland area for a S/C install. It seems like an easy job, I'm just curious if anybody has good or bad comments about the dealer mechanics around Portland.

2. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    A good friend of mine works for Beaverton Toyota.... I would trust him with my truck, if that helps...

I didn't realize there's that much different between the '12s and the <'11s that would require a different charger... I thought it was just a "face-lift"

3. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Do it yourself.

4. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    all.on.black

all.on.black Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Sport with a few mods
    The supercharger and the fit kit are most likely the same, as the engine hasn't changed. The only difference in the kit would be the ECU tuning. That's what the hold up has been each year for the past three years.

5. Mar 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    PeniroN

PeniroN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '12 T|X Pro 6spd

There is some EGR differences on the '12's and yes the ECU will havedifferences in programming. I totallywould install it myself, but I bought an extended warranty and I would like theS/C to be covered under that. I supposethe only way for the S/C to roll into your existing warranty is to have itinstalled by a Toyota certified business. I'll check out BeavToy.

6. Mar 5, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    COMAtose HI

COMAtose HI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires
    how much are they charging for the 12 charger with installation?

7. Mar 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    PeniroN

PeniroN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '12 T|X Pro 6spd
    I've been trying to get quotes, but most places won't quote it because it's not ready for sale. I talked to Broadway and he said that it is about a 12 hr. job. Which I think is an over estimate. Most people have said that the install will be around $1000.

8. Mar 5, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    COMAtose HI

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires
    damnnnn!!!! i've heard rumors of $5,000 installed on '11 and later years...big bucks for more power lol

9. Mar 5, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    PeniroN

PeniroN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '12 T|X Pro 6spd
    So that will be about $4500 for the S/C and fit kit plus the install.

10. Mar 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    COMAtose HI

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    i'm not too sure...but i've been playing the lottery and crossing my fingers!!! oh and when i get paid today...i will be going to spirit mountain and crossing my fingers there as well haha.

11. Mar 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    If you go in, ask for Kenji Abe (pronounced "ah bee") and tell him I sent ya (gabe johnston). Don't know if he can help you on the price or anything but I'd trust him with my car

12. Oct 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    Lapis

Lapis Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Portland Or
    Vehicle:
    03 taco 4x4 supercharged
    sliders,arb bumper
    Had Beaverton install a sc in my 03 taco. Guess what- it pings. They say normal sound -I say I need a new shop to install a URD 7th injector. Anybody know a good shop? Thanx Lapis

13. Oct 23, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    PeniroN

PeniroN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '12 T|X Pro 6spd
    I also had Beaverton Toyota install my SC. I just got my truck fresh out of the body shop and when I dropped it off I told them that there was fresh paint on the bumper and they would have to be careful not to scratch it. They had my truck for two full days and when I went in to pick it up the tech was out driving it. The service manager and I went to his stall to wait for him and the place was a mess. The old parts off my truck were laid out some even on the floor which was covered in antifreeze. When the tech arrived he opened the hood to show me the supercharger and I was pretty damn excited. So when he was boxing up my parts I began to look the truck over. I started in the engine bay and noticed that the tech didn't bother to clean up numerous greasy hand prints, which bothered me but not too much. Then I moved to the outside. The tops of both fenders were scuffed and scratched badly and the bumper that I warned them about was also scratched. My brand new truck that just got out of the body shop needed to go back in for another cut and buff. I was furious. I asked the tech if he used a protective cover when he was working on my truck and he said yes and pointed to a very thin sheet like cover that was draped over his tool box. Half of it was on the floor picking up the dirt and debris that will inevitably scratch the sh*t out of the next customers' vehicle. I was extremely disappointed and I will never go back there. I worked my way thru college disassembling cars at wrecking yards and I treated my stall and my customers' parts far better than those clowns treated my $30K truck.

14. Oct 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    Lapis

Lapis Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Portland Or
    Vehicle:
    03 taco 4x4 supercharged
    sliders,arb bumper
    Ouch, lotsa trouble.Who does your work now?

15. Oct 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    Lapis

Lapis Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Portland Or
    Vehicle:
    03 taco 4x4 supercharged
    sliders,arb bumper
    Almost forgot to ask. Any ping problems?

16. Oct 24, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    PeniroN

PeniroN [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '12 T|X Pro 6spd
    I've not had any engine ping. However, I've heard some engine noise when the engine is not to full operating temperature and I let go of the throttle. I believe this is coming from the top end so I'm not that worried about it and it goes away once the engine fully warms. I try not to drive the vehicle until its warm anyway. I haven't had my truck worked on after that incident with BeavToy, so I do not have a suggestion for you. I just figured it was a good time to vent. Are you running higher octane fuel?

Products Discussed in

To Top