1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Positive experiences with Police Officers

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by colinb17, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Sep 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Yes thank god I decided to be a little bit late and do my daily sss. I didn't realize he was so close with that much fire power until they pulled me out.

2. Sep 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    I came close to getting lit up by a SWAT team on one occasion. Guy in my parents neighborhood got into a domestic with his wife, and she called saying he has been depressed, is suicidal, etc. She said he took his gun and walked out of the house.

My brother was on duty and heard the call come out in his city (they share dispatch with the county) and called me to ask if I knew anything about it and asked if I could go by and check on our mother(the guy was a FF for the same county dept. that our father was a cop for and they drank beers together every now and then). I went racing over there, concerned that the guy might come to our house(my father wasn't home, so my mother was there by herself).

As I go blazing into the neighborhood, Im confronted by a SWAT command vehicle blocking the road, and several deputies pointing their weapons at my truck, about to fire on me :eek:

I explained to them who I was and why I was charging into the neighborhood and they let me through and proceeded to search the entire neighboorhood on foot... Exciting stuff

3. Sep 26, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    I was at my moms one day and had 3 RCMP vehicles block in our driveway(long windy driveway) and officers get out of the vehicles. I got out and asked if I could help them, turns out they were looking for a different address. had 6 or so RCMP vehicles on our street. And this is a very rural area.

4. Sep 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    I have the full respect for every police officer out there, until i see shit like cops who cant sit at a light so they flip there sirens on and blow it and then immediately shut them off, Im sorry but thats ridiculous. Also when police treat you like a hardened criminal when you were caught doing 10 over. Most of my expierences with the police have been positive but i deffinitely have a couple that i could do without, I actually have a Restaining order on one cop in my town.

5. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr) Hose clamp securing tailgate
    Now that's impressive, lol :laughing:

6. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    restaining? Interesting...

7. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    [​IMG]

When this happened, the cops went out of their way to help me figure everything out, from filing the report to getting the tow setup. Even got checked up on a week later.
    I have family that are cops, and know pretty much all the cops on-island, and respect teh authoritay.

8. Sep 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Sometimes cops do that when they get close to a call because we don't want to tip the bad guy off that we are coming. There is really no need to go blazing through the streets with lights and sirens going when there is no traffic (tends to upset residents.). The sirens and lights make it hard to see and you can't hear the radio's. The lights are really annoying. Sometimes we use them just to clear intersections, Then turn them off. Especially if you are going to back someone and it's not an emergency but you need to get there quickly. There are some that use them not in official duty, that's wrong but, you never know so give them the benefit of the doubt please. Sorry bout the restraining thing, but there are 900.000 police officers nation wide, Some slip through the cracks. Every profession has them.

9. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    I completely agree, But its ridiculous when i see them do that, And then stop at the next red light and wait... Like are you serious?! Ive only seen it a couple times, But it is upsetting to see someone with Such power and Respect act like that. I have the upmost respect for all police, Fire, EMT and armed forces. Until they think its ok to misuse the power or feel they need to be treated like god. Then im a complete dick to them.

(STORY OF THE RESTAINING ORDER)
    The restraining order is for a police officer that was harassing me at my High school. He was the Resource officer. He actually came to my house and arrested me and charged me with a felony Burglary because apparently some kids stole $500 from a wallet out of a UNLOCKED locker and he was assured it was me.

The week before that he spent every waking hour of the school day pulling me and others out, Interrogating and grilling us for answers. I got pulled out and searched almost everyday that week, He had no proof whatsoever. All he had was that i went into the locker room that day... Kinda had to seeing as how i had my gym class that day.

This wasn't the first run in with this officer either, Before that he accused and arrested me for Theft over $500 for an ipod that eventually turned up in lost and found... Yah pretty ridiculous huh?! Eventually i went to court for the felony and had the charges immediately dropped, I didnt even see a judge or anyone, First court date i sat down, The DA called my name and said go home we dismissed the charges. didn't change the fact that i sat in Jefferson Country Corrections all weekend. Ridiculous! After that i pulled myself out of that school, got my GED and now i see the officer occasionally and he keeps his head down. Ha, Should have been fired.

10. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit

This. Pretty much sums it up. When you respond to 'hot calls'- especially at night- you dont go code 3 if it isnt necessary. That means only putting on the light and sirens when you hit an intersection.

11. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Another experiance not postive, but not negative with the cop either. I was working "backstage" at a local festival. I was working in the kids section where local LEO was there doing a demonstration with a police dog. after the show I was talking with the LEO and was playing around with the dog(not wearing his on-duty stuff meaning he could be a normal dog not a police dog) when a thunderstorm came lightning struck right behind us maybe 500m or so. anyway we evacuated the area then I headed to the festival office and heard alot of radio chatter and an ambulance on the way. turns out one of our volunteers didn't get struck but was close enough to somehow get electricuted. Shes fine but it was a big scare.

12. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Don't have any real stories, but I've never come across a bad cop and have the utmost respect for them and what they do. It's a shame that a couple bad apples give people a completely negative view on law enforcement. They have all been respectful when I've had to talk to them for one reason or the other. I've only encountered a cop for something I've done once and that was a simple speeding ticket. Officer wasn't a douche and I was respectful back. He was just doing his job and I knew I was in the wrong.

Generally if you treat them with respect, you'll get that back. If you immediately are a dick head and give them attitude, you'll probably get it back, and rightfully so. I probably wouldn't have the patience with some of the shit they see. Naturally, like I said, there are asshole cops from time to time but they're in the minority and people shouldn't use that as an excuse to have a blanket negative view on them.

13. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    FYI- often times a call comes out that at first sounds worse than it is-

Example:

"BEEP" (the 'tone') Alpha 219, signal 21 in progress at such and such (someone else is the primary; burglarly in progress). EVERYBODY starts hauling ass to the scene- I mean EVERYBODY.

A minute later the dispatcher comes back on and advises that the caller realized it was just the cat scratching at the door-- so out of consideration for people's safety, officers stop hauling ass- which sometimes means they fly through one(or several) red lights, then stop at the next one.

I guess ignorance is bliss, though...

14. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    I'm not sure of the laws in Colorado, but in SC for as long as I can remember if you were on school grounds you could be searched for any reason even if it was because they just wanted to do it. No warrants, probable cause, or justification needed.

15. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    i fully understand that police officers have a dangerous job and by my school, in queens, i assume the nypd does everything they do for a reason. but in my hometown, suburban nj where there is a violent crime once every 10 years, i sometimes question their actions. keep in mind this is an affluent area with minimal crime. when they hassle my neighbor and his friends, who r honor roll varsity athletes, i just thinks its excessive. i guess the more actual legit police work they do, the more respect i have for them. harassing the straight edge kids sitting outside starbucks bc u THINK they have a little weed on them = ridic. the cops kno them well enough to kno they arent dealing crystal meth. cutting me off while down the grand central pkwy bc ur most likely respond to a shooting in progress, absolutely fine. i am in no way bashing these local cops at all. but maybe when u kno that ur in an extremely low crime area, u should make more positive interaction with these kids and others rather than instantly accusing them of anything and everything. again cops r great ppl for the most part. i just think these locals need to take a diff approach so not every1 despises them. to all the other, thank u for ur service protecting the country!!

16. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    There is some ignorance in this post...

Often times in high income(rich) neighboorhoods, there is indeed little violent ctime. But there is often A LOT of property crime- theft, BURGLARY, etc. And in affluent areas with teenagers, those teens are often involved in the crimes...

Bottom line: just because you live in a an affluent neighborhood, doesn't the police don't have work to do...

Just sayin...

17. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5
    good stories here, alot of good cops, i hate people that always bitch about cops being stupid or whatever

18. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    whatever tacotabe says. calls do get downgraded from code 3 to code 1 or 2 calls enroute. He actually knows what he is talking about. thanks you sir!!! Actually did it tonight enroute to a 21. suspects were supposidly still there so i busted some intersections to get there when officers arrived on scene they found nothing. no suspect description so i slowed down and stopped for the lights. no need to rush anymore...lol funny that it just happened

19. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Let's see, ticket, ticket, warning, ticket.

20. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    ^^^ahh never hold a grudge,,,you can't take anything personally in this job, you just have to have thick skin...:)

To Top