1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Positive experiences with Police Officers

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by colinb17, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2012 at 10:23 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Of course, nearly impossible to list every encounter, rating each one way or the other. In general, most were either neutral (passing encounters) or positive enough. I can only think of two truly negative incidents (one quite serious - a theft charge, trumped up with false evidence & testimony by the officer, ultimately dismissed). To balance those, several others have been very positive. All (positive or negative) are long stories, so I'll will just leave it at that.

2. Aug 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Don't give up here just yet

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Around To Many People
    Vehicle:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Lugs
    Brute Force Bumpers: rear & custom front tube, Saw-A-Way Racerunner 2.5 Coilovers with Total Chaos UCAs. Icon AAL.
    No run-in's in the past 10 years or so.

Will always remember one PO though. Nicer than most, him and I saw each other a couple times that year. I can't remember the order they happened, but here they are.

- Was nice enough to hold a cigarette up to the wire between the front/back seats and let me puff down one last smoke before we went into the police intake.

- My older teenage years were...rough. I was going to be taken to the local hospital, no fight in that. So he says to me..."I can either take you down there myself and check you in and you'll HAVE to stay for a MIN of 72 hours. Or...I could drive you there and you could check yourself in VOLUNTARILY and check back out when ever you want to."

Might not seem like much, but in the teenage years full of rage, agnst, hormones and confusion...

3. Aug 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box

It was a few years ago so I guess they didn't mind that much.

4. Aug 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    :mad:

5. Aug 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    Gotcha88

Gotcha88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB PreRunner TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100s all around, Toytec Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCAs, 285/70r17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Eagle 185s, 20% tint all around, Magnaflow 11256, Cobra CB with 2' Firestik, De-Badged, BHLM, UltraGauge, K&N Drop-in, OEM Bed Mat, OEM All-Weather Mats.
    86mph in a 65 zone.. chp let me off.

major pucker factor, it was right after they passed the automatic 10 day license suspension law for 20mph over.

To Top