1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possibly moving to Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by ToxicTwin, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Apr 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM
    ToxicTwin

ToxicTwin [OP] Money Talks...It Says Goodbye

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Glendale AZ
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OR
    Hello all.

There is a chance I will be relocating to Oklahoma, due to ex-wife relocating and taking my son. I will not be states away from him, that's just not an option for me, even though he's a teenager now. He's the only thing I care about.
    They are going to Sapulpa, which is where they have additional family. I am a truck driver that will have the possibility of transferring to our terminal in Muskogee if they have a position available.
    Question is how is traffic over there? I am not thrilled about commuting an hour to work. Are there any good towns between these locations?
    How are your winters? I'm a Phoenix, Arizona native and don't know about snow and ice.
    What is there to do there?
    At this point, I am having major reservations about moving there. Maybe some of you can change my mind and opinion.
    Let's here everybody....

2. Apr 2, 2017 at 7:21 AM
    Red All Around

Red All Around Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB 4WD
    Leer 100XR Topper shell, WeatherTechs, Heavy duty rear leaves, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Bushwacker fenders.
    Sorry to hear about the moving situation.

Born and (mostly) raised in OK, winters aren't terrible, temps start to dip around September/October into 60s/50s respectivley, and there are years we get snow and some we don't. It's never anything unmaneagable; trust me, I'm currently living in North Dakota, these winters are serious. Ice has been an issue the past handful of winters through northern areas of the state, but if I recall it's not a prolonged issue, more of a nuisance for a few days.

Traffic really isn't bad unless your in the I-40 or I-35 junctions in OKC.

Big change for you is going to be the humidity, probably. Heat is one thing, but add that moisture and it really makes you want to stay inside...this is mostly July-August until Fall starts to cool things off a bit. Watch out for hail and tornadoes in the spring.

3. Apr 6, 2017 at 2:12 PM
    NrF

NrF Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    Basic
    Ha!
    Currently visiting my son in OK nearTulsa. It's actually quite pleasant here now, as long as the tornadoes and humid weather stay away. It's rather breezy/windy with rapid changes in weather and some tendency to provoke allergies. The people and the traffic are both positive points. There's enough around without the hassles of a big city. I wouldn't hesitate to move here.

To Top