1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possibly trade in my new 09?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacoany1?, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jan 23, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    When do you shift? In my 6speed access cab with oversize tires and lift i regularly get 15-18 in mixed and 18-21 when mostly highway. I dont baby it too much either. You should try shifting around 2500RPM unless you need the extra power of higher RPMs.
    As for topic, I'd probably just stick with the 4 banger a while since the insurance is so much more and you'd probably take a big hit by trading in a new truck. That is unless you actually need the extra power for some reason like towing.

2. Jan 23, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    brendazzle

brendazzle Active Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Tacoma 4x4 OR Access Cab
    3" readylift sst
    I had a dream last night that I took a corner too hard in my taco and all 4 tires came off the wheels. Maybe wouldn't have happened w/ a 4. :p hehe...

3. Jan 23, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    If you've got the cash and you're job is relatively secure, go for it.

I did the same thing after having a 2007 2.7 for a year and roughly 7000 miles on it. Did a little better than break even on the trade and got a 2008 4.0 for a good price.

I am glad that I made the trade.

4. Jan 23, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I know what you are going through. Ever since I got my truck I feel like I should of gotten a 4x4. I got a great deal on my 06 access prerunner sport. I have never gotten stuck or needed 4x4. I love my truck! But then again when a TRD Off Road 4x4 passes me i can't help but feel like my truck could be better. You just have to ask your self what you want out of your truck for the money. in my case, ya, the other guy has 4x4, he had to pay a couple more thousand $s for it. If I had 4x4 I would only use it once every couple of months. Is that worth a couple thousand $s to me? No. You said you are happy with the power you have. So don't feel like you are behinde the curve. Just wait till gas prices go back up, you will apreciate your 2.7 a whole lot more. like that other guy said, just do some proformance mods or something. I wish you best of luck wich ever way you go.

Products Discussed in

To Top