1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Post your funny dealership stories

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by doodle_cakes, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Dec 10, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    I'm sure we all have some good ones about dealing with them.

For example, about 5 months ago, my clutch was acting up. At first it was just a loud squeek/creeking sound in the cab. But within a couple days it was 10x louder and coming from under the hood. It was so loud outside my truck every time I pushed the clutch in.

I took it to the dealership for a warranty fix, they said they would have it done in less than an hour so I just hung around the lot. About 2 hours later they come and get me and say I can take my truck and that the sounds it was making were normal...

I go in the service bay get in my truck and push the clutch in while just looking at the guy and a horrid creeking sound echos in there. The guy just says ohh uhh give us 20 more minutes. Works fine now but still...wtf.

I have a good one about my buddy buying a new truck there, bad experience and the sales manager asked him to stop harassing his sales people which almost resulted in the loss of the sale. Buts thats enough typing for now, back to work, kinda.

To Top