1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Post your offers/quotes on the new 2016

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by RC84, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jun 4, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    jkonquer

jkonquer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jae
    that's a good price, you are doing good as long as you pay no more than the invoice price. which happens to be somewhere around $34-35k for your model.

BTW where is that from?

PROseur likes this.
  2. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:09 AM
    damnfingers

damnfingers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gene
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 2x4 DCSB
    Thanks...offer is from Allen Toyota in Gulfport, MS. Includes a no cost limited lifetime powertrain warranty too, I just noticed. Vehicle owner pays $100 and the rest is covered by the dealership. Is this typical of all Toyota dealers now?

3. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:21 AM
    PROseur

PROseur Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pussy
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJC TTSE/ 2001 Taliban Poverty DCSB/ 2017 6MT PRO / 2018 2.7L SR Utility
    Locally there are a bunch of dealerships that offer lifetime powertrain warranty (all makes, from Astons to lower end Fords). However, caveat is you have to have to bring the car into service to them, and they will service it per manuf recommendations.

4. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:27 AM
    stan23

stan23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stan
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    To their credit, when they first fill out the worksheet, they go by prime rate which is 2.9 or close to it. They won't know the actual interest rate til they run your credit. If you know your credit is 720+ then they are trying to screw you. If you're a sub-prime guy in the 600 range, then 14% APR seems normal.

5. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:31 AM
    PROseur

Member:
    First Name:
    Pussy
    Vehicle:
    My credit union has 1.49% on new auto loans. I have seen 0.0% from Toyota on the Tundra and the Sienna. I don't know what the finance rates on the Tacomas are. Tier 1 here.

6. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM
    damnfingers

Member:
    First Name:
    Gene
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 2x4 DCSB
    Lotuscupcar, per the dealership ad:

Is there a catch on where I have to maintain my vehicle?

No. You can have maintenance services performed at any repair facilities nationwide; however, it is recommended that you use the dealership that sold you the vehicle; they know your vehicle the best. Retain your receipts to provide you completed the required services.

PROseur likes this.
  7. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    PROseur

Member:
    First Name:
    Pussy
    Vehicle:
    Your dealership is less sheisty than my local ones :) Benefit of living in the smooth south.

8. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:49 AM
    jkonquer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jae
    Just to let you know the APR rates from dealership is arbitrary at best. I was able to get 0.9% when the Toyota was only offering 2.9% for tier 1+ at the time. Where as my family member who just filed a bankruptcy, was offered 7.9% in the beginning and next day was offered 2.9% with a 620 credit score. If they want to sell you the car then they will lower the APR at will.

PROseur likes this.
  9. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    stan23

stan23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stan
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I don't doubt what you wrote, but dealers have ZERO say in what APR is offered. Remember, the financial institutions are the ones loaning the money. Not the dealer.

10. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    jkonquer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jae
    whenever the dealer or manufactures offer 0.0% and lower APR, they are actually taking the hit from the banks. No Banks will give out 0.0% APR. I'm sure they took the hit on the transactions I posted above. But that's just how it works. They usually shop around for cheapest banks. the 7.9% was through Toyota and the 2.9 was through Wells Fargo.

PROseur likes this.
  11. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    PROseur

Member:
    First Name:
    Pussy
    Vehicle:
    Dealers mark up rates from what they are offered by banks

Thus it is in the interest of the dealer to sell you the highest rate you will take

They get a kickback

So if your credit could get you 1.49%. Dealer offers you 3.5%. But you "negotiate down" to 3.25%. Dealer is happy he is up selling the rate

You are happy you are getting a better rate than initially provided

That is why I always shop my own rate BEFORE stepping foot into the dealership

damnfingers likes this.
  12. Jun 4, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    stan23

stan23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stan
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I do know that dealers can hike up rates, but based on jkonquer's example, a dealer cannot sell you a rate you are not qualified for--they can't force a financial institution to give out the loan. A 620 credit score getting a prime rate is not normal.

in any rate, yes - it's aways the best interest to come with your own financing already prepared. Then all you need to do is see if the dealer's bank can beat it. Only caveat is that they will need to pull a hard inquiry on your credit. I'm one of those guys that watch my credit like a hawk and do not like any unnecessary inquiries.

If I had been offered 0%, I would have taken it instead of paying cash for my taco. I can easily diversify the funds and at minimum get 3% on low risk investments.

PROseur likes this.
  13. Jun 4, 2016 at 11:12 AM
    jkonquer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jae
    That's exactly my point, its not normal. But they still did it and sold the car at 2.9%.
    I'm sure it being in the last days of the month and them meeting a quota got lot to do with it.

14. Jun 4, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    stan23

stan23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stan
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    A dealer has no bearing on what a bank decides. They are completely separate entities.

A dealer can't 'give you' a better rate because they want to sell you a car. It's up to the bank and the individual's credit history.

15. Jun 4, 2016 at 4:37 PM
    damnfingers

Member:
    First Name:
    Gene
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 2x4 DCSB
    I've been emailing with a dealer in Alabama about an internet price for a Tacoma. Their website had a "click now for best price" button which I did. That pops up a form that you have to fill out with your contact info and once that form is filled out and returned the "best price" is supposed to show up. The "best price" turned out to be the original price that had been lined thru on the website. This is my correspondence with them:

Good morning Gene! What questions do you have about the Tacoma?

I don’t have any questions. I am in the market for a new Tacoma Limited 4X2 Double Cab and was interested in “your best price”. When I clicked and saw “your best price” was the original price that had been lined thru I lost interest in purchasing from you. I’ve already received “honest” best prices, closer to home.

Do you live close to here Gene? Because we give our best price in house. Not to mention, we offer lifetime powertrain warranty. Something that sets us apart from other dealers.

From my local dealer: Non-Factory Limited Lifetime Powertrain Warranty included on any new vehicle purchase at no additional cost!

No, I live just north of Gulfport, MS.

If you give your “best price” in house then your internet ad is “false advertising” since the little button says “Get our best price now” and after the form comes up it says “Get our best price now! Displayed instantly on screen!

Why should I believe anything East Shore says now? It’s a shame since I’ve done business with you in the past.

If you have something from a competitor in the form of a document or something like that, that beats our best price then we will beat it. We don't have a "limited" lifetime powertrain warranty. Ours is Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.

Despite what you say, it is “false advertising” to say on the website that if I fill out a form I’ll see your best price. Nothing there says I have to come in personally to get “the best price” or to “negotiate" a price.

Thanks for your time but I’m not interested in doing business with you. There are numerous dealerships within my local area that will “negotiate” a best price without me having to drive 100 miles to do it. For that matter, without knowing your best price why should I drive over with a document from a local dealer to see if you will beat it?

Sorry, just too old at 71 to play games with car dealerships.

What are they offering you?

If you want to send me a window sticker with your best price I’ll let you know if it beats theirs. I’m not going to give you theirs…this way you’ve got skin in the game.

We don't play games. If you send me a picture of what they've offered or an email then I'll take it to my boss.

From the moment I clicked on your website to get your “best price” you’ve done nothing but play games.

If your boss wants my business then he/she can give me his/her best price on a Tacoma DC 4X2 Limited…if not, as I said several emails back, I’m not interested in doing business with you and you can delete my email address.

Like I said, If you come in and show me or send me an offer from another dealer that beats our best price THEN we will beat OUR best price since another dealer is beating our best price. Otherwise our best price is the online price. No games here. Just business.

And like I said, please delete my email address. I'm not playing games and I'm not spending my money with you.

Too bad you wouldn't give me your best price without the games...I'm trading in a paid off 2012 Tacoma DC SR5 and paying cash for the Limited.

Sir, I'll make this really simple for you. What price do we need to be out the door to earn your business? Once you send it to me, it'll take 2 minutes for me to find out if they will approve it.

I’ll make it even simpler for you. Delete my email address.
    I have no intention of buying a truck from East Shore now, tomorrow, or in the future. If the only way you can do business is by low balling another dealer I’m not interested.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Johnlovesbikes likes this.
  16. Jun 4, 2016 at 5:44 PM
    jkonquer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jae
    Lol thats hilarious. A Local dealer here (escondido) in socal did the same thing. Clicked on the best price and it was the same price as the msrp. When i told him that and he said the tacoma sells for $2k over msrp. And told him thank you

17. Aug 14, 2016 at 5:22 AM
    Casp06

Casp06 Member

Member:
    Any dealers in fl that will do 500 over invoice? Or georgia i be willing to drive for a deal

18. Aug 14, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    SSG665

SSG665 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    18 Tacoma
    Try Milton Ruben..

Products Discussed in

To Top