1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Posting in the right spot?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TOYOTA 09, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    TOYOTA 09

TOYOTA 09 [OP] Kicking Ass Since 1981

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 MT 4x4 Access Cab
    Preview 2009 SR5 4x4 MT Black Sand Pearl (Access Cab) SUSPENSION ToyTec 5100 Billstein Coil Overs (3" Lift) Fox 2.0 Remote Res Rear Shocks Total Chaos UCAs Full Dakar Leaf Pack w/Extra AAL TIRES & WHEELS BFG AT KOs 265/75/16 load range E American Rancing AR-23 Wheels Borla CAT back exhaust AFE cold air intake w/custom TRD clear cover Satoshi grill w/Grill Craft insert Hella 500 behind grill lights Rigid Industries Backup lights Interior Custom LEDs and Bed Lights Backup Cam Anytime MOD Leather armrest and rear seat MOD Weathertech floor liners Custom rear gear/dog platform Cobra CB and Garmin GPS Bed Mat UWS low pro tool box with Custom LED lights Diff breather MOD Custom painted engine cover Wet Okole seat covers
    Why is it that some posts get moved and some don't. For example a post on wheels almost always gets moved to the wheel forum if posted in the second gem forum first.... But posts that have to do with suspension... Or off topic stuff like truck accidents don't get moved to the suspension and off topic forums respectively? But what do I know :)

2. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Or this one that's getting moved to Off Topic...

3. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    TOYOTA 09

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    Preview 2009 SR5 4x4 MT Black Sand Pearl (Access Cab) SUSPENSION ToyTec 5100 Billstein Coil Overs (3" Lift) Fox 2.0 Remote Res Rear Shocks Total Chaos UCAs Full Dakar Leaf Pack w/Extra AAL TIRES & WHEELS BFG AT KOs 265/75/16 load range E American Rancing AR-23 Wheels Borla CAT back exhaust AFE cold air intake w/custom TRD clear cover Satoshi grill w/Grill Craft insert Hella 500 behind grill lights Rigid Industries Backup lights Interior Custom LEDs and Bed Lights Backup Cam Anytime MOD Leather armrest and rear seat MOD Weathertech floor liners Custom rear gear/dog platform Cobra CB and Garmin GPS Bed Mat UWS low pro tool box with Custom LED lights Diff breather MOD Custom painted engine cover Wet Okole seat covers
    Agreed.... But I'm am looking for a serious answer... Is it just up to the mod? I mean for Christ sake each day I count over 10 threads that technically should be moved... Bur only one or two that actually so... Maybe I'm just being a soar loser cause my wheel post just got moved :)

4. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    We can't be everywhere at once and often rely on the members to report posts and threads that require attention.

If a thread's reported, we'll jump on it. If it's not reported but we notice it, we'll jump on it. If it's just sitting there and nobody informs up, life goes on as-is.

5. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    If you don't think something is in the correct area use this [​IMG] and report it

6. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    x2, I do this often. As mjp noted, the mods can't be on here 24/7. Help them out if you see something that could require their attention.

7. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06

its sore loser not 'soar' - no wonder your posts soars away fast

8. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    OK MJP, your marching orders: please move everything in off-topic to second gen, and everything in second gen to off-topic.

Do not change anything in first gen. We got our shit together.

And please move all nd posts to, um. Let's see. Canada?

9. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    TOYOTA 09

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    here a list of threads in the second gen forum that should be moved...just ones on the first few pages:

Should be in wheels and tires:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/135572-bfg-km2-pics.html#post2638957

Should be in suspension:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/130344-installing-my-fabtech-6-lift.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/43093-fabtech-procomp-6-lift-more-pictures.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/154158-truck-finally-getting-lifted-today.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/154040-5100s-vs-ome-90000-sport.html

All im saying is that there are really a TON of posts that could / should be moved to the right place....but never get there. Just a few select ones that maybe a MOD, or a person who reports it just simply does not want to view (or does not care to see) on the second gen forum.....just an observation....not looking to start a pointless e fight, like people who gripe over spelling.

Products Discussed in

To Top