1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

postpartum after selling a truck?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dewriffic16, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Jan 23, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    dewriffic16

dewriffic16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off-Road DC
    Custom Perforated Stainless Satoshi Grill, 3" Toytech Ultimate Lift with AAL in the rear, Total Chaos UCAs up front, Bilstiens all around, Diff drop/sway bar drop, Locker Anytime Mod, Map Light on with doors, AUX back up camera on anytime switch.
    Hey Guys, so I just sold my '98 chevy S-10 last night, and I am a feeling a bit depressed today... not sure if this is my man's version of postpartum, but I really do miss it already, didn't really sleep that well last night and been in a bad mood all day. I guess after spending so much time building it up and and many hours saving it from the grips of mud and rocks, I kinda feel like I just sold my son or daughter. Watching the new owners drive it away, really kinda made me reflect on how attached I was to that truck, even with all the issues it had. Haha, anyone else had a hard time after selling their trucks? I'm hoping to cope with this lose by investing some quality bonding time with my new Tacoma....:(

2. Jan 23, 2009 at 10:32 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Yeah your materialistic. like I am, When my mom was going to give back her Hummer H2 to the dealership, i said things like trade my truck and my dads former BMW X3 and keep the Hummer..... I really did love it. I still get like that when i see a H2 like ours

3. Jan 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic Grey Access Cab - 2.7L I4 - 4x2
    My first car in highschool ('88 Topaz) was really hard for me to get rid of, even though it was a POS. First love, so to speak. I still miss my Dad's old Chevy pickup that i learned to drive in... Had some good times in that truck. I try to keep something of my old vehicles as a souvenir. I still have the keys to the old Chevy, and the badges from the Topaz (been meaning to turn it into a fridge magnet). Just sold my Neon last week, but I'm not missing it as much as the others.

To Top