1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Powder Puff Race for the Cure" - T-Shirts for sale to raise race funds

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by jlvhrse, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Nov 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 LT 5 lug Taco
    Glad to hear it was discovered early. We here to support you! Keep her spirits up! :)

2. Nov 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    Thank you very much!

Thank you so much! I think I might start cooking meth.. :spy: LOL jk jk of course but I did mention to her the idea of a fund raiser and she said she does not know if it will be needed depending on how much the insurance covers.. She said she will know in a couple months if it is going to be overwhelmingly expensive or not.. Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me to have so much support..

Yes, we are being as aggressive as is reasonable.. We want to make sure this does not happen again if we can help it!

Thank you! We all pitched in and got her a huge bright boquet to make her smile during this tough time.. I have also been on the phone with her every day.. Wish I was closer :(

Thanks again guys.. All your support and kind words really mean a lot to us.. I told her she had more people than she knows rooting for her and she was so happy to hear it.. <3

3. Nov 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    jlvhrse

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    So my mom had her lumpectomy today. They found cancer in the lymph nodes and remove those too.. Meaning she will have to have full radiation treatments and still may need chemotherapy. She will be home tomorrow morning in time for thanksgiving!

4. Nov 22, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    I heard chemo's a pain, but it'll get her to a great spot of healing. Glad she'll be there for T-Day! Wish her the best for me!

5. Nov 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    LilManny

LilManny socaltaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch
    Vehicle:
    06 Black Crew Cab TRD SPORT 33' KM2
    DR coils, camburg UCA's, procomp AAL, 285' BfG km2 Mud Terrains, Double Din touchscreen stereo, Kicker 12' sub behind seat with 800watt amp and custom box,Flowmaster Exhaust, cb radio, race/ 2m radio, crossfab lightbar, 3 9' procomp motorsport halogens. Intake coming soon. Also have custom 6 foot flagpole to represent my charger flag on!
    Glad to hear you we're able to have thanksgiving together! I know you or Aaron have my #, as cmack offered I too am here if you or your mom need /would like to talk to someone who has been through it my mother has been 11 years cancer free as of Monday! She went through 8 surgeries, chemo, radiation, and is now back to normal yelling at me for my shenanigans! Haha so keep her upbeat stay positive and just know everything will be ok

6. Feb 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    jlvhrse

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    Hey guys its been a while but I wanted to give you all a great update on my moms condition!!

After the cancer tumor was tested they determined that the "kind" she had has a small return rate and that it was unlikely to have spread. She does not have to have chemo!!!!!!! :D

I have been extremely blessed and have been able to take a months trip home (to VA) and spend it with my mom! I have been taking her to her radiation appointments everyday and she is doing well. A little sore and tired from the treatments but other than that she is her normal self! I was even able to treat her to a massage today!

My prayers go out to all the women and their families that are currently or have won or lost their battles with breast cancer (and any other kind of course too). Thank you again so much to all of you that have supported this cause!

7. Feb 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Good to hear, should be a piece of mind for you, your mom, and your family.

Products Discussed in

To Top