1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power distribution options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sgtpepper, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    sgtpepper

sgtpepper [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I'm on a search for a power distribution panel to run all the after market electronics .. lights/amps/compressor/etc.

Figured I'd throw a hook out here and see if anyone has suggestions. Looking for something with:

- fused high amp circuits
    - fused low amp circuits
    - relay sockets
    - covered (water proof/resistant for under-hood mount)
    ..basically the same options an OEM power panel would include.

I've found a few options (Blue Sea, etc) but not all the features i'm after.
    Starting to think this may have to be a custom build or a trip to the junk yard to pull a PDM out of a Jeep or something.

Here's one that comes close, but no relay sockets :(

[​IMG]

2. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    i need some type of power management as well or at least i will very soon.

i have no idea what i need though lol. how do you integrate the relays from all the after market harnesses? as of now i have a winch i'm adding in the next few days. i also have the hellas behind the grill the vision-x leds and the arb fog lights in the near future i also plan on adding onboard air and lockers. i need some type of solution to all the wiring what do you suggest for me lol.

sorry to thread jack but, you seem to understand more about this stuff than i do.

3. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    2000GTacoma

2000GTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5
    for lights and oba maybe blue sea systems would work for you. 100 amp total with 30 amps a circuit. i have a 12 circuit with 12 grounds mounted in a box that also has 2 relays as well

4. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    Vehicle:
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    i have like 4 relays and wire harnesses as of right now. i'm also adding a winch and in a couple of months going with a yellow top optima deep cycle battery. but before the end of the up coming summer i also plan on gearing and adding lockers at both ends and an onboard air system. then i'm going to up grade the alternator with a mean green and possibly have another battery solely for the winch.

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    Vehicle:
    i just want to keep things simple and i don't really know how to do much else other than using the harnesses provided to me from the manufactures of my accessories and lighting.

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    sgtpepper

sgtpepper [OP] Active Member

Member:
    ..pick up a unit from Blue Sea (http://bluesea.com/category/81/21/productline/overview/431) and buddy up with a 12V geek to help you wire it.

I'm starting to think a unit like that WITH relay sockets doesnt exist. Everything I've found so far has the relays running separately.

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I used a blue sea fuse box and made a panel that it mounts to with space for relays. After doing all of that I found the one below that looks pretty good too.

http://www.wagongear.com/WiredWagon.html

[​IMG]

8. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    2000GTacoma

2000GTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5
    the harnesses can always be modified ive modified several of mine in order to make the it do what i want

9. Oct 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    Vehicle:
    even if i could not condense the relay's having this extra fuse box would do what exactly for me added protection and water proofing.

10. Oct 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  11. Oct 30, 2011 at 11:35 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Tigard, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    Pictures please

12. Oct 31, 2011 at 3:24 PM