1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

power locks + keyless + alarm

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by coehorn1, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Mar 27, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    coehorn1

coehorn1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '03 4x4 2.7I4 5sp "beast"
    My beast has manual locks, so I'm looking for a company to install power locks + keyless + alarm (Viper/Python/etc). Trouble is -- I'm having a hard time finding a company to do the work. Seems like very few companies in my area will install power locks.

The company that installed my last Viper alarm (60 miles from home) botched the job and required three visits to get it right. Don't need a repeat of that experience. I've found another company that claims they can do the work (120 miles from home), but they are behaving very suspect on the phone.

Guess I need to expand my search range until I can find a company to supply the products and do the work. Can you folks recommend a company with absolutely pro-level skills and integrity to do the work?

I can travel several hundred miles in southern Alabama, southern Georgia or North Florida......

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    bottlenecked

bottlenecked Member

Member:
    curious about this too....

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    RideFast

RideFast on the flats.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I used to have a 98 4x4 taco base and I went to a clifford dealer and they had an option for the lock actuators for my truck and an alarm to go with it. Just go to the alarm dealer and tell them you want power locks installed along with an alarm. I just had a clifford 5.1 arrow installed on my 02.

To Top