1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power rear slider

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by goride, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Jun 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM
    goride

goride [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dbl cab lb
    Tinted windows,Upgraded stereo system,satoshi grill with piaa lights behind,dash light color mod to blue,mag light holder,OME dakar leafs,Toytec ultimate lift,LR uca's, BFG AT's 285/70/17 on Pro Comp 7089s,weather techs, leer shell,CBI sliders and rear bumper w/tire gate,soon DTLT w/ wicked flow catback exhaust
    I was wondering if any one has put a power rear slider in there truck. I have a double cab and cant reach it, I,ve found a couple of Co. that offer one for tacomas for around $450.00. Just wanted to see if anyone has done this and what there thoughts were?

2. Jun 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM
    VancityCK

VancityCK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic AC TRD Offroad
    My first thought is "ouch, that's a lot of money for a window opener." Is having the ability to get slightly more air circulation worth $450 when you can already roll down all 4 windows?

Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice, but I couldn't justify spending that much on something for pure convenience.

Just my 2 cents...

3. Jun 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4 TRD-Sport
    Lifted
    I would love if the Taco had the back window that went down like in the Tundras...

4. Jun 3, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    HBtacoma

HBtacoma SoCal Tacomas

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    Huntington Beach
    || Deep Black Custom Paint By DUPONT FINISHES w/ Custom Airbrush Artwork || RCD 4.5 Inch Lift Kit || 20x10 Black XD Monster Wheels w/ Toyo MT 33x12.5x20 Tires || SATOSHI Grill || URD TCAI || Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust || Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ Bluetooth and Ipod || JL Audio 500/1 and 12" Kicker Sub || FJ 60 Toyota Emblem Painted Red || Black Custom Leather Interior w/graphite perforated body w/Red Double Stiching and TRD Logo || Leather Arm Rest Mod || T-REX Angry Eyelids || 20% Tinted Windows || Black Altezza Taillights || BHLM Headlights || LED Dome Light || LED Map Lights || HID 35w 6000k || Yellow Tinted Fogs || Nokya 2500k_55w Fog Lights || Painted Engine Cover || Bed Extender || Epic Indust. Bed Bar w/Fog Lamps Tinted Yellow ||
    ive been looking around too but havent found any info , what company quoted u 450?

5. Jun 3, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    goride

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dbl cab lb
    Tinted windows,Upgraded stereo system,satoshi grill with piaa lights behind,dash light color mod to blue,mag light holder,OME dakar leafs,Toytec ultimate lift,LR uca's, BFG AT's 285/70/17 on Pro Comp 7089s,weather techs, leer shell,CBI sliders and rear bumper w/tire gate,soon DTLT w/ wicked flow catback exhaust
    The co.that makes the slider is CRLaurence,its a local buisiness auto trim design that quoted me the price.The window dosnt go down like on the tundra and looks fairly simple to install yourself,seems a little pricy but I think that the convenience of being able to push a button to open it might out weigh the cost and I wouldnt have to stop anddo the super lean to open it.

6. Jun 3, 2009 at 5:53 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    does or doesn't go down?

7. Jun 3, 2009 at 5:56 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    x1000000000000

that is one of my biggest bitches about this truck is why the hell they didnt put that window in!

8. Jun 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM
    goride

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dbl cab lb
    No it dosnt go down it goes to the side , that would be awsome if they made one that rolls down like on the tundras.Yea its a bitch of mine too.

9. Jun 3, 2009 at 6:13 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail
    check with your local glass installers before you buy the electric window, most in my area said they would not install it, they were afraid of installing the electrical parts. they would still not do it after I told them I would install all the electrics because they didnt want to warranty it.

10. Jun 3, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    I've been thinking about this since i got my truck. It's pain having to reach back to open it. My latch part broken off the other weekend. Actually the adhesive that was on came off or wore off, so i just put on some 3M automotive tape for a fix. But i would definitely like to see a Power Rear Window for our Tacoma's.

11. Jun 3, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    my friend just got a 09 dodge ram double cab( i know booooooooo,i warned him) and he has a power rear slider on his.i think its a stock option. its nice not to have to reach all the way back

12. Jun 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    A.D.

A.D. Desert Riding Ninja

Member:
    SoC♠l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    This would be nice, especially on a nice cool day like today, roll my window down and the slider, damn it would be worth it!! I hate leaning across the damn car seat poking me in the ribs while i try to slide the window, LOL.

To Top