1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power Steering Hose tear

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Kauaib0y, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Kauaib0y

Kauaib0y [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    tonka truck
    9" suspension and body 36 inch irok radial 4.0 harness cold air intake straight pipe Stage 3 clutch & Lightened Flywheel
    Ive been running my truck without fixing the tear hoses and refilling the power steering. Now ive finnally got some extra funds and kinda want to get it fixed. Is there any other problems that might have been damaged due to lack of maintanance, fuel pump etc.? ive attached a picture of which hoses were torn; also is there an online shop which I can just purchase a the feeder hose assembly? since the return hose can be easily replaced with conventional hoses from auto parts stores. [​IMG]

2. May 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    beefsteak

beefsteak Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    Grey Wire mod, Eibach and bilstein 5100s all around, Alcan leafsprings, tundra brake swap with steel lines, loose steering column weld mod, keyless/alarm mod
    Did you ever find a fix for this? My return hose is leaking somewhere around the fittings near the your arrows and I have to fix it soon. I was thinking about just taking some fuel lines and clamping them on, but I don't know how feasible that is cause I haven't looked at the actual hose assembly. Someone mentioned somewhere that fuel lines weren't compatible with powersteering fluid, but I don't know how true that is. Anyone have any ideas?

Products Discussed in

To Top