1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Prank" involving my truck; results in dented roof

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BarefootBandit, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    BarefootBandit

BarefootBandit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double-Cab TRD Sport 6-Speed
    delete

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    it sucks man..I dont see it, but i bet in person its easily seen if you look at the roof. I'd make the one girl pay for it, and leave it at that.

3. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Tough call here. I wouldn't want the three girls suspended, or especially fired. They pulled a dumb prank, and one of them went too far in stepping on the truck. I'd be OK with the one that stepped on the truck apologizing and paying the repair bill. It probably won't be much, paintless dent removal, then forget about it.

4. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I agree that termination is not appropriate, since their prank really wasn't related to a job function.
    She should absolutely pay for the repair. Even if you don't notice it up there, it will affect the value of the truck at resale or trade.
    No different than if she bumped it with her car in the parking lot and dented your fender.

Does she know yet that she is totally busted? I'd confront her without telling her that it's on video. If she denies it, then you can at least get some personal satisfaction making her feel like an ass for doing it then lying.

5. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    All three girls participated in the prank and I think all three need to pony up some money. One of the three could have stopped the prank and didn't. One of them could/should have come to you and told you what happened. Get them to pay for the repair to include telling their parents or suspend them from work. The part that really bothers me is they didn't tell you! It's the failure to respect your personal property or anyone elses. All three paying something with the bulk from the girl that damaged your truck is a good lesson at this stage in their life.

6. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    X2

7. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 DC TRD Off Road
    11 Color Matched Grille, Pro comp 7089s, 265/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs, Black Running Boards, Tinted Windows, Bed mat, Weathertech Floorliners
    What is the white haze on your truck? Condensation? Oxidation?

I am all for playing pranks at work, but when people mess with other peoples possessions and they become damaged, it crosses the line.

8. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Clazzio Seat Covers Extang Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover TRD Skid Plate AMP Research Electric Steps 43% Llumar Security tint TRD Exhaust Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks 16" TRD Fake Beadlocks Custom LED Cube mounts in foglight location TRD Pro Grill Wheelers progressive aal
    PDR could fix it easily, but to me is not a matter of the dent, if the girls are your age they need to grow up, their "prank" is just childish and honestly I don't see what is funny in sticking garbage in someone else property. I would have no problem having them suspended or fired so they get a reality check.

9. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    I say if they're cute you let it slide as long as they are willing to give you a four way and the one who dented your roof needs to let you put it in her butt.:D

10. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Silverado Z71
    Stock
    X2 if they are cool they'll take care of the bill (or you:D) as part of some sort of compensation!

11. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Sold my truck Jan '13... Still hang around.
    Somebody stepped on the roof of my truck once and it dented it. I just punched up from inside and the dent disappeared. I don't think you could find it if you tried. Try that?

That being said... I'd make the one check pay for it. I wouldn't get them all fired.

12. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Sold my truck Jan '13... Still hang around.
    How did I know somebody would take it there?

13. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Because you can always count on there being at least one @sshole in the crowd. Tonight I get to be it.:D That and as my wife says, "I'm a Pig!"

14. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    ottomastiff

ottomastiff Active Member

Member:
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco
    TRD cai,s/c,catback, running boards. just a sub and a amp so far.
    Thats rough all the way around. They were stupid for doing what they did, but not sure they should be fired for it. Let us know what happens.

luck.

15. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan I got tiger blood.. WINNING

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB TRD SPORT
    Pioneer 4000NEX , grab handle GPS mount, Bakflip tonneau, OME 885, Bilstein 5100s, Wheelers 1.5" AAL
    Just tell them...

Let me put it in your mouth,
    I said your motha fucking mouth. :D

16. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    ottomastiff

ottomastiff Active Member

Member:
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco
    TRD cai,s/c,catback, running boards. just a sub and a amp so far.
    This

17. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    05 AC Prerunner 6-speed
    k&n air filter, weathertech digital fit, TRD 6-speed gray knob, undercover bed cover, flowmaster american thunder dual exhaust, URD short shifter, 5100's set at .85, Grillcraft, black surround grille(with SJ stripe)
    have them pay for the dent repair or tell your manager to suspend/fire them

18. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    Indian Shifter

Indian Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ashil
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 White DC TRD Sport 4x4 Manual

x2...however, what if the OP is a DB and they made the dent intentionally and had proposed more damage...the question is ..Did he get all of what was really to come???????????:rasta::drunk:

19. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    Has the chick who stepped on your truck apologized or offered to pay for the damages? Most females don't get our attachment to our vehicles. "it's just a truck".
    Cut a big ass chunk out of her hair "Jackass" style and watch the shitstorm begin!

20. Jun 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX or College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner V6 Black
    Viper Alarm, In Pro Car Wear L.E.D. Tail Lights, Fog Lights, ScanGuageII, AvidOffroad Light Bar, Ammo Box Mod, Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500ff behind the grill, blendmount, Cruise Control Mod, Fog Light Mod, 5100's @1.75, Toytec TSB AAL 1.5".
    I say let it go get someone who hasn't seen the dent yet tell them to point out the problem with your roof. If they can't find it let it be, if they can find it make the girls pay for it.

My truck was probably 1 month old when some kid decided he should kick a football towards a group of cars. Of course it came down on my roof, I didn't even see then dent at first until someone pointed it out to me. It really pissed me off since the guy never told me sorry or anything. But his parents have given him everything and he doesn't appreciate anything yet. Karma has also cought up to him in the form of a DUI and a totaled Audi TT. He now drives a Heep with no AC. But in the end we are good friends and shit happens life is too short to hold a grudge. If you can't see the dent forget about it.

To Top