1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prayer for my Marriage

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by NwiTACO, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO [OP] Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Well without going into too much here, I would just like to ask for prayers for my family. My marriage is failing and no matter what we try (Christian marriage counseling, etc.) we just cant seem to get along. There is no certain thing we can pinpoint as the cause of our problems, and its certainly no one persons fault. We are just two imperfect people from different backgrounds, having a hard time growing together to meet each others needs. Things have been especially bad here lately and I am getting pretty discouraged.

I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and ask that you offer up prayers on our behalf that we may be changed by the power of the Holy Spirit to live out our marriage as God intended so we may have a fulfilling marriage to us, and one that honors him in the process.

Thanks and God Bless.

[​IMG]

2. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    sdoheny

sdoheny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    N-Fab Text black 3 main tube, led interior lighting, sylvania ultra head lamps, led map/dome/license plate, rail mounted bed lights, trd skid plate, Aero Turbin muffler swap, MRBP Black Exhaust Tip, weather tech, fuel trophy, duratrac 265 70 17, plasti dip badges, Icon stage 4 suspension, TRD shift knob, AFE CAI, Raptor Light MOD.
    sending prayers your way. Good luck.

3. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    Jeffvt0508

Jeffvt0508 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4 trd offroad
    Ome 887s, dakars, lr uca,sliders, konig countersteer,
    I am praying... same thing happened to me.. now I don't even get to see my little girl at all... I pray things work out for you better than it did for me...no matter what.. keep your head in the Bible..the day you don't the devil will be right there...

Corneeeeelius likes this.
  4. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Just a few
    Prayers being sent your way Mark!

5. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    NwiTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Four years this March and we were blessed with a wonderful daughter just a tad over 18 months ago. I want nothing more than to have a wonderful marriage that can be an example to her of how two people can overcome the hurdles of life and make it together.

6. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    Prayers sent. Keep working at it, one day at a time.

7. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    NwiTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    You guys have no clue how much it means to me. I am literally sitting at my desk fighting trying to hold back the tears. It means so much that those whom I have never even met would lift me up in prayer.

KenpachiZaraki likes this.
  8. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    J88logue

J88logue NorthWest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    I normally avoid this type of thing - but i pray for your marriage. I hope you guys can re-establish the good in your relationship. Re-connect the love and drive out any resentment there may be. Best of luck to you!!! ;)

TomTwo likes this.
  9. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Mark, we are praying for you and your family. Put GOD and your faith as the foundation for your marriage and all else will fall into place. No matter the outcome remember it all happens for a reason.

10. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    I went through this a several years ago. I am very sorry to hear it; I would wish this on no one. Saving our marriage ended up being both the hardest and the most rewarding thing I have ever done. We are 100 times stronger for getting through the ordeal. And I can tell you this, it takes hard, hard work. Prayer is just a small part. Forgiveness is a much bigger part. Pray for patience, compassion, understanding and the strength to change yourself. And hope she'll do the same, because the harder path is not splitting up. I would strongly suggest you ditch the Christian counselors. The biggest failure for marriages is poor communication and I have found that Christian counselors often miss that point. The only important Christian value for this mess is remembering that you made a lifelong commitment to your partner before God. Instead, you should each get a professional counselor/psychologist/whatever that can help you be a better person (you can't be a better partner if you're not a better person) and also get a good marriage counselor who can help you learn to communicate better and be better partners. Many, many of my friends have gone through this and my wife and I are the only ones that did not split up. This is the formula that worked for us. Good luck and God Bless. If you need more, PM me.

11. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    eaglesfn5402

eaglesfn5402 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Prayers for you friend. I've been divorced once already and was on the rocks in my second marriage, things have been going better now. Like other people have mentioned keep your head on straight and in the bible. My divorce to my 1st wife was probably one of the lowest points in my life, being in the Army makes it even harder because you can't just up and leave and go home living so far away from each other. I started drinking heavily, getting in trouble at work. I went to see the chaplain and got my act together. I'm now married to my second wife (who I met 2 months after the divorce) we've had our ups and downs just like any other couple has, things are better though. I don't drink nearly as much, maybe a couple on a Friday or Saturday night, nothing like I used to though. No more trouble at work. Everything works out the way it's suppose to, which in return may not be the way we want it to be. With that being said it may feel like it's the end of the world, but it's not. The main thing you have to think about is your kid, as long as she is taken care of that is the number one priority.

12. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    Bfaxi

Bfaxi Active Member

Member:
    UTAH
    I just went through a divorce. It sucks. Do everything in your power to get your communication what it needs to be with her. Spend time laying out all your issues with each other. Remember why you married her in the first place. Hopefully she will do the same. When addressing issues, don't get mad. Speak lovingly. You both have to do this. 2 way street.
    Praying for you here for sure! Good Luck!

13. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    firemanjay

firemanjay Active Member

Member:
    Bristow, VA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Off Road
    Praying for you brother

14. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    Lift, 285's, mud, and scratches
    I know what you are going through is hard. Im watching my best friend go through this too. His wife is my wifes best friend too. Hard thing for anyone to go through. :( prayers sent.

15. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    Metzbower

Metzbower Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4WD long bed
    Prayers lifted. Peace and goodness to you and your family.

16. Jan 31, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    woodystacoma05

woodystacoma05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick Woodrum
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    16 DCSB OffRoad
    I ay not be married but one thing I know is the power of prayer.. sending warm thoughts and prayers your way sir..may god bless you and your family

keep praying and working through things day by day

17. Jan 31, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Good luck. we went thru similar. rough times with new baby. I told my wife I do want to be a part time father and we decided for the sake of our little girl to try, i/we went to counseling me more then her as I have sues with crappy parents. but here we are 25+ yrs later and we cant believe were still together. we still hold hands when we go places. You may want to consider a little break from each other to reflect, I learned that I had a good wife and appreciate here more. Im so glad to still be with her and my daughter calls me daddy not someone else. hang in there, and try and work things out.

QMEDJoe likes this.
  18. Jan 31, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    4runnercaged

4runnercaged Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cody
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    LOL
    98 toyota tacoma, stock
    mark, you and your family are in my prayers. i wish you the best.

19. Jan 31, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    45acp

45acp Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    1981 Long bed 4x4
    Prayers for ya bud! If you both want it to work, there's no reason it shouldn't IMO. Try some other means/techniques/counseling than what you already have. I took a class on family relations, you can find some good avenues or methods there, and if anything it helps make you more aware. Try to focus on the things that got you together in the first place, never stop dating/pursuing each other. If you need anything, you have my number and I can always come down.

20. Jan 31, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    TheGrayRider

TheGrayRider MARANATHA !!!

Member:
    NW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 BBP DC 4X4 OR
    May The Lord bless you and keep you. May He make his face to shine upon you. May He grant you his wisdom and give you His peace.

Pride is what ruins most marriages

Products Discussed in

To Top