1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre-lift worries and questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nonfatwater7, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Dec 30, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    Nonfatwater7

Nonfatwater7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    06 DC LB 4x4 Indigo
    Map Light mod, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 5100's front set at .85, Eibach coils, Hi-lift bed rail mount, CB radio, Sway bar removed, 886 reverse light mod, LED tail lights and blinkers, Wickedflows exhaust, $4 aux/ipod input mod
    Hey guys,
    new member here, first post

First off, I am about to take the dive and throw on a set of 5100's and put an AAL in the back. I'm gonna go for maximum lift and set them at 2.5. However, I have read a lot about this vibration and shuddering that people are getting and it has really made me second guess whether I should lift or not. Is there any way I can tell if I will get these problems before I lift? Also, I have heard that I should do a diff drop but I have also heard that it just makes the vibrations worse. So whats the deal? Please throw any and all advice my way. Also, if there is anything you wish that you were told before you installed a lift please feel free to tell it to me!
    Thanks guys!

2. Dec 30, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    The shudders and vibrations are a hit or miss deal. Some folks have it and some folks don't.

Just know that when you start to alter any part of your suspension, you will be changing other parts as well. So lifting isn't very hard to do.
    Lifting it correctly and resolving any issue that may arise?? That is the part that will take commitment.

3. Dec 30, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    romafern

romafern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    stock and very pissed about the issues
    Machine gun mount. Would love to blow the shit out of it since it has nothing but issues. QA at Toyota USA is shit. Start making them in Japan for Christ's Sake!
    Oh wise toku:D

well said. I am against the wall with mine... To do it or not....

To Top