1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Precious metals

Discussion in 'Stocks & Investments' started by cabarbhab, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Sep 1, 2015 at 12:40 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    K & N filter, 275 70 17 Cooper AT3, OME Nitrocharger shocks, 884 Springs, Dakar leafs.
    If you are trading, short the dow and wait on miners and stay away from digital silver.... or wait for silver to start taking off..... and hold cash to see what happens..... When they short it directly lower silver ETFs and mining stocks.... The physical has bottomed out and can't be shorted directly so I would buy physical silver if you are willing to hold long term in case the price doesn't take off.... 5-10 years but I believe we are just about to the next bull run...

If you think the dollar is strong keep dollars.... I think the dollar is in trouble.......

I think PMs are under priced and the dollar will loose a lot to PMs over the next few years.....

Historically silver should be at least 400 an oz according to the chart you posted...... it's at the bottom of a 700yr bear market.... But the FED has devalued the dollar a lot more from 2004 and 2002 was the beginning of the silver bull run because that is when the US ran its silver inventory to 0..... So there is a lot more dollars for less silver than when that chart was made. Silver miners are averaging 2oz per ton which is Historically low, I think the best mines used to be 20-30 oz per ton, but those mines are used up.....

So priced in dollars with inflation it is easy to see that silver is way under priced and way under inflation.....

From the price you would think that demand is low, but it is at all time historical highs or you would think there must be tons of inventory but there is no real inventory in the world....

On the day the us mint closed down because they ran out of silver the price goes down..... How is this all possible?????

Naked shorting up to 5000 US dollar against each real ounce of silver is what they have been doing to keep the price down.....

That is why the up side on silver is better than any other real physical asset you can buy...... and there is no 3rd party risk, you own it with no strings attached, no fees and no title..... No estate or inheritance regulations to worry about....

2. Sep 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    One thing I worry about is when PM's go up, the fed will want in on the action. I wonder how heavily taxed will the sales be?

Also got to be careful of shorts. The gov't can (and has) ban selling shorts.

3. Sep 1, 2015 at 2:01 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    K & N filter, 275 70 17 Cooper AT3, OME Nitrocharger shocks, 884 Springs, Dakar leafs.
    That is one of the biggest problems is the gov...... They don't want us having PMs

they could tax PMs to discourage investment, ban the sale ect.......

But so few people really own PMs and they all own PMs so I don't see them passing laws that would hurt themselves, but that very possible....

They are such ego maniacs I don't think they care, but if PMs go to crazy levels they will want to restrict ownership because you can't control or confiscate PMs and they are not registered... The last true asset.....

But if PMs are going through the roof they will have much bigger fish to fry than a few silver investors.....

Apple Ipod sales are larger than the silver market, so hopefully we are too small to make a difference....

Worse case, use them for bartering.... used cars ect....

I think the up side will surpass any tax.....

My belief is that at some time in the future you won't be able to buy silver any more..... They will make it illegal to buy or the big dogs will buy up all the supply.....

If they go that far you will want every ounce you can get your hands on.......

Very good point, one of my only concerns......:thumbsup:

4. Sep 1, 2015 at 2:50 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
  5. Sep 1, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black DCSB Limited PreRunner
    Given that those who are like minded as you are in terms of a crashing and destabilized government aka conspiracy theorists, who are you trading these PMs with? I mean if very few individuals have these PMs who's gonna want it for a used car for example? I mean wouldn't we all be trading food for gas, durable goods etc?

6. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    T Fades

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Far from a conspiracy theory. Just as much a theory thinking the global economy and USD are strong and not at risk of complete shut down.

When PM's can no longer be bought because the gov't and fed illegalized the purchasing of PM's, the public will then and only then realize they should have some PM in their portfolio. How will they get PM? Trade me their groceries. How will I fill up my gas tank at the small mom and pop gas station? Trade me some gas.

7. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    T Fades

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    There is the chance that things will not go bad. There is a possibility that the fed, gov't, and big banks will continue to grow our debt, leverage the derivatives, and continue to come up with crazy ways to postpone the fall. That may come at a cost of bankrupting all pension and 401k plans, social security, etc.

8. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    No one is going to trade for your silver when shit hits fan. I believe it's used as a hedge at best. But then again we'll see who's right and who's wrong by the end of the year I guess.

9. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:19 PM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    Why would someone trade with you for something they can only trade to someone else? You can't fill your tank up with silver, you can't eat silver, you cant grow more silver from a silver coin, you can't do anything besides trade it for something you do need.

People will just trade their gas for groceries instead of their gas for silver and then the silver for gas. the silver is an unnecessary extra step.

Sterdog likes this.
  10. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:20 PM
    T Fades

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    How do you know that? If we have hyper inflation, any dollars you have would be litterally worthless. If people know their USD holdings are worthless, I beleive they will try to gain wealth from somewhere, ie. trade some PMs.

But I do agree that the best use of PM is as a hedge against inflation. I also believe it is good to have cash, as cash is king if we experience deflation.

11. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Not only is it necessary it's unreasonable, who's setting the price of silver? Who's making the market? Pretty much it's the 2% of Americans who believe in a complete collapse of the US government and I might be generous with 2%...

12. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    My point is in a complete collapse where the dollar aka physical currency would be considered worthless, mind you we aren't living in Zimbabwe, no one is trading commodities...

13. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    T Fades

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    I think you are assuming people will be happy and content if they have 0 wealth. I wouldn't be. If I knew the dollar is crashing, I would want a way to maintain my wealth once the new monetary system is born (probably established by the IMF).

The whole point is the mom and pop grocery and gas station will want to maintain THEIR wealth, and one way to do that in a failed economy is to obtain PM and use that PM to buy into the next system.

shr133 likes this.
  14. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    Another great vid about what's happening....
    3rd party risk, the market crash, fiat money ect.......

15. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    I can guarantee people would much rather have food for their families than some shiny coins tucked away in their back pocket. Wealth is useless if you die of starvation.

Who determines what the silver is even worth? If the dollar crashes, the silver still has to be given a relative value to something. In a case where we are talking about an all out collapse or whatever you want to call it, the silver would most likely be valued against some sort of usable good. IE this silver coin can get you two gallons of gas or one bushel of wheat. In which case the wheat and the gas owners will just trade their goods and avoid the worthless silver.

And if you honestly think that the dollar will entirely collapse, and then the IMF will just dream up a new system which now makes your silver worth a fortune then I think you're living in a bit of a dream world.

16. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Do you acknowledge we live in a global economy? Do you realize we are a global leader? Do you realize crude oil is denominated in dollars? You realize we are net importers? You realize a weak or worthless dollar makes exporting countries flat broke right? If you agree then the WHOLE world would be plummeting into Chaos. You realize how our GDP eclipses many many many third world economies? So not only will the US let the dollar crash, the world will not.

17. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:34 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Any of these guys have an education? Degree in business or economics perhaps?

18. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    Right on, that's why it's smart to convert now while the dollar is strong...... Don't wait for the crash, in Germany they were buying city blocks for a few gold coins.....

It's the transfer of wealth from fake digital to real physical......

The video above talks about this......

19. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:38 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    They will use different money, a new reserve currency that is the whole point.... That's why you need to get PMs because we will be stuck with the dollar which will loose it's value.....

20. Sep 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    Did you listen to the vid???? google them yourself.............

Products Discussed in

To Top