1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Precious metals

Discussion in 'Stocks & Investments' started by cabarbhab, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    K & N filter, 275 70 17 Cooper AT3, OME Nitrocharger shocks, 884 Springs, Dakar leafs.
    Well a couple of things......
    1. stocks are over priced we agree on that so you need to find an alternative or short the market which I am.... The dow is inflated through both money printing ( inflation) and fraud ( changing which companies are in the dow and illegal trading by the big banks ).... So far the inflation has been contained over seas and in the stock market.....
    2. The derivatives, the market and the dollar are going to crash, sooner than later..... That's why greece is a big deal, if they don't pay 500 billion someone is on the hook for 1.5 to 3 trillion in derivatives ( part of the illegal trading), and no one or any country has the money to pay it or the asset to back it and the system will start to break....
    3. 126 other countries are already moving away from the dollar to china and the BRICS nations, china and russia have been selling their bonds over the last year and china may be added to the IMF money basket next year and they are calling for an end to the dollar.... Cyprus was were the russians were converting us bonds to gold, that's why we had the IMF shut down the banks..... But the people lost 45 % of their bank savings when they shut the banks down...
    4. Most city, county, state and the US are broke, pensions are insolvent and all their pyramid scams don't have enough new money to keep them going.....
    5. To protect your self from all this you need to convert some of your digital holdings to real hard assets, property, business, rare items and PMs..... All digital accounts can be locked, closed, put on hold, confiscated or stolen with an entry on a key pad, just ask Cyprus and now Greece.... Hard assets are much harder to take illegally and will survive a currency crises...
    6. The fed is trying to hide the fact that they are running the value of the dollar to 0 so they are fixing the PM price with naked shorting (more illegal trading) by fixing the market price of PMs we are getting a once in a life time investment.... They are paying 5000 an oz to keep the price down and we can buy real silver for 20 and there is never more than a years supply of silver available..... When the dollar crashes PMs will spring up to market value.... This is creating one of the best buys in investing history.... But plan for long term and don't kill your budget.....

Next month there is an IMF meeting, if they don't announce China as being added or the new world reserve currency we may have more time to plan...

T Fades likes this.
  2. Aug 9, 2015 at 5:05 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    K & N filter, 275 70 17 Cooper AT3, OME Nitrocharger shocks, 884 Springs, Dakar leafs.
    Terms you should know...
    1. BRICS
    2. Bail ins or bank holiday Greece / Cyprus
    3. Currency reevaluation What we need to plan for to retire
    4. Capitol controls Have already started
    5. Financial repression Quantitative easing
    6. History of money / currencies / currency cycles
    7. fiat money vs gold vs gold standard

If learn these you will know why PMs are so important right now....

3. Aug 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    P.T. Barnum territory on the PM push...

4. Aug 9, 2015 at 5:43 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    Well Just putting the info out, we need to help each other.....

I believe the dollar is on it's way out and for most people the only thing they can afford that will protect them is PMs...... Any one can afford $20 a week for silver but not everyone can buy a good rental property or start a successful business or have a million dollars of dividend stocks.....

One of the best things is to write a good book, again not easy.......

PMs are real easy and finite...... Stocks are unlimited, they will never run out and you never will receive the actual stock just a promise that you have a stock which is fine when things are good but things are about to change and when these derivatives go bad, we will all be in trouble....

But I do have stocks also but I'm side lining right now except for SDOW that I bought at 18,200 so I'm up 8% and we are still going side ways.....

September is a huge month for investing this year, IMF meeting, China, Iran deal for oil, shemitah 7 year cycle and more.....

Buy low sell high, be ahead of the curve, cut losses early.............

5. Aug 9, 2015 at 6:24 PM
    Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB MGM
    Lights, Tires, Wheels,...more to come!
    +2

I believe the dollar is gonna loose value very soon, but not totally collapse. Again, thats not too far out once everyone experiences something far worse than 2008 that is to come.

Concerning the known 7 year Shemitah, I never was aware of it. However, before I found out about it, I had already heard word from various leaders of my Faith of whats to come. Like I said, I’m not going by speculation. As for my finances, I have planned accordingly.

And yes, PMs are so low right now its a good time to buy. Don’t see it as an investment, but more of an insurance & wealth protection.

shr133[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 9, 2015 at 6:28 PM
    Doomsday

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    Here is a link that explains the Shemitah if anyone is interested.

shr133 likes this.
  7. Aug 9, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    I'm planing on a stock market crash this fall and I bought my first short this summer and I'm up.....
    PMs are the best value so I have been heavy for a few years and very light on my 401K Plus I do my own home repairs and truck upgrades so save money....
    I believe 1 or 2 national banks like citi will go under and get bailed in from savers.... So get your money out....
    I believe the dollar is out and will get revalued 40-60% less ( or inflated down ) or a new gold backed dollar will replace it.......
    I believe silver will go to 200-500 in current dollars, plus inflation, plus true market forces with higher short term peaks, very good insurance......
    If the US has 8000 tons of gold we will be ok if not : ( .......
    I'm prepared for a few month bank holiday, but may be limited to just a few banks here not like greece is the whole country.....
    If I'm wrong my plan is to try to long on some stocks in January and make my next plan but my PMs are for my retirement and to be passed to my family.....

8. Aug 9, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    12trever

12trever Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trever
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD

Must of lost your shirt the last few years, sorry bro.

9. Aug 9, 2015 at 8:13 PM
    Doomsday

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    shr133, you got room for one more in your bunker? :D ......JK

Yes, its very possible for accounts to freeze up.

shr133 likes this.
  10. Aug 9, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
  11. Aug 10, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    hetkind

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    We can all sit in our bunkers with stashes of gold, silver, weapons, ammo and food hoping that the ball will drop or the balloon will go up or 10,000 different disaster scenarios. I did just fine in the last crash, converted my stocks into TB and CD a few months before the market halved.

However, my resources can do much better in various financial elements, with adequate diversity than all in PM. I suspect the market will keep going down for PM...just look at who is pushing them and why!

I have a good friend who believes things will go bad, they have a giant stockpile of canned good, and a massive gun safe, but NO real assets, will ONLY do well if society collapses and their debts go away. I believe the system is pretty much self regulating. Greece would be OK if they could float their currency to make exports more attractive.

Howard

12. Aug 10, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    100% agree with you.

Yes we need China included in the IMF, but hopefully the US doesn't loose it's position.

The 2008 crash was small compared to the one we are heading into. The confidence in the dollar is already diminishing and will only get worse. Yes we have been experiencing deflation lately, but that will not last, especially since the fed wants to raise rates (but won't be able to).

It is hard to predict where/when things will land as every market is heavily manipulated. PM's are down (for now), yet demand is at an all time high and supply at an all time low. hmm...

I get a kick out of the media always saying the economy is good and unemployment is low. They always fail to mention that the unemployment rate exlcudes unmotivated people who are not looking for work.

shr133[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Aug 10, 2015 at 10:20 AM
    hetkind

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    The key indicator of the value of the dollar is the T-Bill rate. As long as people want dollars we are good...one the supply of dollars exceeds demand, T-bill rates will rise to make them more attractive. However, the T-bill rate is very low and staying there.

How many economies have switched from low devaluation to run away inflation overnight? I can't think of a case.

Howard

14. Aug 10, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport

100% agree............

A storm is coming, so time to prepare...........

15. Aug 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM
    Doomsday

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    PMs up today, DOW strong rally today. We'll just have to see how our projections are on or off target. Maybe, DOW reach over 18,000 again before end of month.
    :popcorn:

16. Aug 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    we'll see, I'm in SDOW right now bought on 5-15 and was sweating a few times but I think it toped out unless they decide to make another push....
    If it goes back to 18,000 it won't be for long and I may double down on my short..... If you look at the chart you can see the dow is out of steam and real buying is way down.... If the billionaires are out it's for a reason......

Some of big banks just picked up 30 tons of gold last week.... One of the reasons they drop the price (using naked shorts) is to buy up the physical......

17. Aug 10, 2015 at 4:47 PM
    Doomsday

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    Yup, I picked up some more PMs around 2 weeks ago. Some was because of dip, the other because I wanted to adjust investment. I’m not gonna convert all my money to PMs but I feel good on how my money is sitting and divided up in different areas.

shr133 likes this.
  18. Aug 10, 2015 at 8:54 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    I have a monthly budget for PMs, mostly silver... So as long as we are at these stupid prices I in heavy.... Putting the min in my 401k, not adding to my trading account and doing my own home improvements.....

After the crash and things sort out (or this spring) and metal takes off I'll switch back to my trading account....
    I have the PMs I need so when stock bottom I'll switch back...
    If the crash drops real estate I'll look for some land or a different house....

I don't like 401ks any more, they are too restrictive and don't allow for flexibility and trap your money......

19. Aug 10, 2015 at 9:21 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    You guys kill me... Who the fuck are you gonna sell/trade gold/silver to when shit goes bad? Do you think you'll be able to go to Walmart and get goods, with gold? Oh, I forgot, this is Mad Maxx territory, those guys would never just take your PMs and your life....

20. Aug 11, 2015 at 3:46 AM
    Doomsday

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    No one is converting ALL their money to PMs. As for Mad Max territory, that is not my perception of the future.

Products Discussed in

To Top