1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Predator hunters sound off

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    So I wen to to the AZ Game&Fish Expo the other day and I found the best predator hand call I've ever heard. It's a Primos Cat Nip and I picked it up at Sportsman's Warehouse on the way home for ~$11. It's awesome; I can't wait to get out and call. :cool:

2. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i quit killing coyotes. got too easy, but now that i'm bowhunting, i need to toss a pred call into my bag. my good hunting buddy, makes a fantastic mouse squeak with just his mouth. he winged a young coyote one night. watching that thing approach to 30 yards was a rush indeed! i was calling out yardage for him. whispering it. fun.

i had an old wood call made by murry brothers or something.

3. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    DblstuftTaco

DblstuftTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD SR5
    OME 3" Kit New frame

You need to come to Ohio and try calling for them if it's too easy out that way. Everybody tries calling them around here, they're pretty call shy. My brother and his buddies run them with hounds, it's a blast. We've killed 25 or so this year that way.

4. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4

Cat Nip is badass. If you like the Cat Nip, pick up the Ki Yi and Hot Dog Howler. Ki Yi makes pup yips, howls, jackrabbit and cottontail depending on if the mouth piece is on or not. Same with the Hot Dog, but the Hot Dog comes with a horn that makes it a little raspier. Primos makes quality stuff IMO

5. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    that sounds like crazy fun. i'm not a coyote expert at all, but growing up in texas. all we did was face into the wind, call, and lay down 200 yard shots on young dogs. in the spring time, they would come running. we had a rancher that let us shoot them free.

i think a good electronic call, and that mojo decoy would be deadly back home.

Products Discussed in

To Top