1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pregnant wives

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Crom, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Haven’t been in here in a while. We have a beautiful baby girl about 3 months old now. Wanted to ask if other fathers have the same issue I’m having? It seems my wife has either spoiled this sweet little girl or else being a man I just don’t have the touch I need. Seems every time I take care of her for a bit (longer than just holding her) that she has a meltdown. Mommy comes home and takes her and all is good. Then mommy is getting mad at me saying I’m not trying hard enough. Believe me I’m trying everything I can besides giving her moms valuable breastmilk. That’s a last resort in which she’s just been fed recently enough that she shouldn’t be hungry.

There’s been times where she was happy and as soon as I take her I my arms she starts crying. It’s so frustrating. And this is my 2nd child btw. Don’t remember having this much trouble with my son. He’s 5 now. He did give me fits sometimes but nothing like what my daughter is doing.

She even did it picking her up from daycare today. The girl there was holding her when I arrived and she was happy. As soon as I took her I didn’t even make it to her car seat before she started. And the car seat is the kind that has the base strapped in my truck so it was in the room so I’m talking like less than 2 minutes of time before she started crying. The ladies at the daycare didn’t think much of it as it is normal which I can see since my wife is breastfeeding her. But my wife seems to think I’m the problem. You know us men are always wrong so you know how that goes.

ink junky and Toyko Joe like this.
  2. Jan 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    farmfromkansas

farmfromkansas Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 regular cab base Tacoma
    We had 3 kids, and now I wish we had a couple more. They are all good kids. I have 5 grandkids, and would like more. Nothing in life better than grandkids.

98tacoma27 likes this.
  3. Jan 22, 2018 at 6:33 PM
    ThaiChillyTaco

ThaiChillyTaco David aka Chilly aka Booty Freak

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Goose Creek - South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey TRD Off-road 4x4 Longbed
    Rough Country 3.5 Lift SCS BR6 wheels rolling in 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks
    Do you give your baby girl baths and change diapers and dress her and spoil her with kisses?
    One of the things I loved when my daughter was a baby was washing & rinsing her hair. I actually
    gave her a bath every night until she was about 5 or 6. Even after I stopped I always dried her hair
    with a towel while she sat on my lap. Valuable moments to bond with your daughter.

4. Jan 22, 2018 at 7:14 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I do change her. I have found my own sounds and ways to make her smile at me. I have gave her a few baths but mommy usually does that.

She loves her bath so maybe I do need to give her baths to her and allow mom to bathe our son.

I just figure it’ll get better as she gets older and gets where she can play more. Just wondered if it’s normal or if my wife is spoiling her?

5. Jan 22, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Congrats on the little girl.

Both my grandsons about do the same thing with their dad.... mom works nights so dad is the caregiver and both boys have spent nights screaming. They were both breast fed and wanted mom. Spend as much time as you can with her and find something special that only you (or mostly you) do with her. They are 18 months apart.

Tell mom, it's not you - well it is, but it's the fact you aren't mom.

TacoDawgfan[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 22, 2018 at 7:35 PM
    Dan H

Dan H Wife thinks I'm having an affair with my Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Glendale AZ
    Vehicle:
    2006 indigo ink PreRunner DCSB- 2012 Venza AWD
    ProComp Pro Runner shocks n struts Painted engine cover Fog anytime mod Cherrybomb muffler Bestop 3/16 tailgate plate and top cap Where do I begin with all the camo
    I have two kids. My daughter will be 7 on the 25 and son will be 4 in May. Daughter was a daddy's girl from day one. For awhile only I could brush her hair.My son from birth to about 3 months would freak out if I was in the same room. He would wake up screaming. It's hard to understand and deal with but just bear thru it. You are doing nothing wrong. He's now my wrenching buddy.20171122_101906.jpg

7. Jan 23, 2018 at 2:17 PM
    ThaiChillyTaco

ThaiChillyTaco David aka Chilly aka Booty Freak

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Goose Creek - South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey TRD Off-road 4x4 Longbed
    Rough Country 3.5 Lift SCS BR6 wheels rolling in 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks
    As Dad's we can only give our baby girls baths for a short period of time before they start to become little ladies so it's important to
    take advantage of that time while they are babies. Good thing for me is my ex wife is a bitch and my daughter knows it. All jokes aside
    I've always been the soft heart for my daughter to come to when she needs comforting. I think in time moms & daughters will always butt heads
    soon enough. I enjoyed letting my daughter play in the tub for a few minutes every night before I washed her up. When that stopped I would wait
    in the living room to towel dry her hair. My daughter still comes to me to even clip her nails. Try all the little things and in time I'm sure you will
    create a great bond with your daughter.

PapaBear likes this.
  8. Jan 28, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

I might not understand what you're going through because I'm a first time dad. Our son just turned 6 months old and I can tell you right now that being a first time parent did NOT come easy for me during those first 2-3 months!

My wife on the other hand, is a different story. I literally saw the moment she became a mom forever and it's a moment that i will never forget.

I realize that she is the one who brought our son into this world through the 9 months of pregnancy but I can distinctly remember that she went from expecting mommy to full on mommy mode the very second our son was put into her arms for the very first time.

She spoke to him with that sweet voice that only a mother can do and it just came out so naturally from her.

From the very beginning she's been an awesome mommy.

Those first three months when she was on maternity leave she learned so much about our son that she still knows little kwirks of his that I'm still picking up.

This post is incomplete but I hate typing on my phone. :p

Dan H and TacoDawgfan[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Feb 21, 2018 at 4:33 AM
    itrsteve

itrsteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    18 LC/15 GT3
    Our first is due in 9 days, I’m crapping my pants. Equal parts nervous and excited but I’m ready to have the whole pregnancy thing over for her sake.

ink junky likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top