1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PreOrder: Roof Top Tent - Round 2

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nitrag, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Aug 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM
    Nitrag

Nitrag [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    *IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH A CHINESE TENT, WALK AWAY, WE ALSO DON'T WANT YOUR NEGATIVE OPINION (CONSTRUCTIVE, YES...NEGATIVE NO THANKS)*

In 2014, I had two friends participate in a TacomaWorld GB for a RTT. The long story short is that it is a 4 month wait and a lot of hassle to coordinate but these tents can be had for a few hundred dollars off retail and are near indistinguishable from the major retailers.

I have done personal research and have heard good reviews from this company from other sources than the TW GB.

Terms:
    • Consider this a Kickstarter campaign, if we get 10 commitments, then I will move forward and place the order.
    • Payment due date September 23rd. If you don't think you can deliver, don't commit. I will let everyone know 1 week before payment deadline.
    • Payment through PayPal only (for buyer protection). $100 deposit required.
    • No warranty, unless DOA.
    • If you pay the full amount and back out, you will not get a refund, you will be responsible for finding another buyer to buy the tent off you.
    • Signed "contract" stating that I will do my best to get you your tent for a future agreed upon price and estimated delivery date and I am not swindling your money. Also, after you get your shipment I am no longer your vendor and you can't complain to me about tent issues, this would all go to the vendor. Inspection will be preformed before USA shipment though. I don't forsee any complaints, the previous GB went fantastic.
    • These will most likely be shipped from China to Los Angeles. Save yourself $200 and let me know you're going to pickup locally.
    • Commercial-only Shipping from LA could be anywhere from $150 - 300. For those on east coast, plan on paying $200 for commercial shipping. 1 Tent to Atlanta is $185, two is $150 each.
    • The exact dimensions are:
      RT05-4: 126"x71"x51", Sleeping Pad: 94"x71" (Sleeps 3-4). Almost a king size bed essentially.
      RT05-2: 126"x55"x51", Sleeping Pad: 94"x55", (Sleeps 2)
    • $100 deposit due September 21st. Don't sit on this please. You're not helping the GB by waiting until a certain discount. Either you want the tent or you don't.
    • 100% payment due September 23rd.
    • Order being placed for tents on September 24th.

Pricing:
    10 Tents - $1000ea (+local shipping)
    15 Tents - $950ea (+local shipping)
    20 Tents - $900ea (+local shipping)

Credibility:
    I ran the most successful in November 2014.

Committed for #4 Size:
    1. Nitrag
    2. unclaimed
    3. unclaimed
    4. unclaimed
    5. unclaimed
    6. unclaimed
    7. unclaimed
    8. unclaimed
    9. unclaimed
    10. unclaimed

Committed for #2 Size:
    1. Hamburgerpimp
    2. unclaimed
    3. unclaimed
    4. unclaimed
    5. unclaimed

How to commit? PM me these details:
    Name
    : Username
    Size Preference: smaller (2) OR larger (3-4 person)
    Color preference: Green tent, Sand rainfly/awning OR sand tent, Green rainfly
    Delivery: Ship to Georgia or Local Pickup

[​IMG]

More Pictures

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Aug 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    Nitrag

Member:
    Reserved for updates:

08/17/2015 - Negotiations with vendor. Created GB thread on TW and T4R to get a feel for how many tents we are going to get. I am confirming pricing for 10 vs 20 tents. So far, I have determined that we will probably need 20 to make this happen.

3. Aug 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    Nitrag

Member:
    Name: Nitrag
    Size Preference: larger (3-4 person)
    Color preference: Green tent, Sand rainfly/awning
    Delivery: Ship to Georgia

4. Aug 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    Nitrag

Member:
    Surprised you guys are so quiet...this was very popular GB in the past.

Good discussion going on on 4Runner forum, FYI:

5. Aug 25, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    Iggy

Iggy Vagabond Outdoors

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Off-Road Access Cab
    Check out the build
    @Nitrag Are also considering the hardshell versions? I was part of the original GB, but I found out the supplier also makes the hardshell versions. I think the min is 10 for the automatic ones and I'd be interested in one of those.

Do you have a pic of the smaller version?

6. Aug 25, 2015 at 10:40 AM
    Nitrag

Member:
    Discussions on T4R we have decided to go with the RT05-4. Its is the 3-4 person size equivalent to CVT Mt Ranier. I will be receiving final pricing today hopefully.

7. Aug 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    I was a part of the first GB in November last year. OP was great and the tent has been AWESOME. Don't mean to thread jack, but if anyone has questions regarding the product, let me know.

T4RFTMFW likes this.
  8. Aug 25, 2015 at 11:22 AM
    GARSHA91

GARSHA91 YES, that is me on that Facebook group

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Just a grocery getter
  9. Aug 26, 2015 at 5:31 PM
    rka

rka PAVEMENT PRINCESS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rylan
    H A W A I I
    Vehicle:
    2013 SPORT DCLB
    100% Stock
    Interesting...

10. Aug 31, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    Nitrag

Member:
    OK FOLKS! Final pricing is in....except for shipping to your commercial address (details below).

First off, I've been thinking and it is minimal price to upgrade from 280G to 320G fabric, so I went ahead and included that.

Shipping/Import costs came out a little higher than anticipated but I am very happy with the company I am going with. In total import costs are roughly 28% the total costs of the tents themselves!

So here it is:

10 Tents - $1000ea (+local shipping)
    15 Tents - $950ea (+local shipping)
    20 Tents - $900ea (+local shipping)

PM me to place your Pre-Order.

For those that are "in" I will happily share the math and all the numbers to come up with the costs. I think we started off this GB thinking we would be going with the #2 (Shasta) size, didn't know about the platic mat, and 320G fabric upgrade and I was estimating around $800...well now that we've decided BIGGER and BETTER our prices went up a bit. How did it come out to $1000 each? I have no idea...ironic. I didn't get my quotes for the #2 tents but they should be $830-$875/tent. If you are interested in size #2 instead, still PM me, I have a backup list if we don't get enough interest for #4.

Shipping to your local commercial address: I'm waiting on the warehouse to give me estimates to Portland, Denver, Atlanta, Boston for estimate/reference. I've already contacted a different company, Fastenal, and they quoted me $185 from Long Beach, CA (warehouse) to Atlanta. $300 for two tents. So for me, I'm sitting here thinking $1175 for a $1950++ tent....Not bad...

Lastly, I have found out that October-December is shipping busytime. So we won't be able to extend the pre-order all the way out to October 1st. I am going to take the orders until September 21st. I need $100 down to put your name on the list so everyone knows you are serious. On September 23nd I will collect everyone's monies based on the amount of tents (10,15,20). Payment via PayPal only!
    If we somehow don't get 10 tents because of back-outs I will be disappointed and refund everyone's money. So there is absolutely no reason to hold off and wait for better discount. Either you want a tent or you don't (what's $50 out of $1000 anyway?).

11. Sep 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius

Products Discussed in

To Top