1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Preparing for supercharger...

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 42boxer, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Oct 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    42boxer

42boxer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brannon
    Mcguire AFB, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma TRD
    Plenty to come
    Alright so i bought my 2000 tacoma with 200,000 miles so i have no idea on how its been maintained(it does run great tho). I would like to look into a supercharger tho... This is my DD so i need it to last and cant have it as a "Fix it as it breaks" vechicle.
    So my question is what would need to be rebuilt to handle the supercharger and "bring the motor back to life". And would it be worth it. Any advice helps.
    Thanks

2. Oct 30, 2012 at 5:34 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    How much are you willing to do to bring it "back to life"?

What size engine do you have?

A fuel pump upgrade is a must. www.urdusa.com

Products Discussed in

To Top