1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PreRunner 6 bolt drop kit

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by STEVON, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    Starman97

Starman97 Member

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    95 X-cab V6
    Wow, yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for. They are not common, but then I'm not in a hurry.

2. May 1, 2010 at 5:37 AM
    silver06pr

silver06pr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    spring lake, nc
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 V6, manual stock
    I considered this kit myself as I practiacally never venture off road. I do however load the truck up occasionally for chores and DIY projects and the kit never said anything about retaining stock load capacity. This kit flips the rear axle which I am confident will take away your suspension travel. The rear may bottom out the first time you seriously load (within capacity) the bed or tow.

3. May 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    SRQ TACO

SRQ TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma 5lug Lowered & 2008 Tacoma 4x4 Lifted
    Why you guys gotta bash the op? Obviously he wanted a double cab and they didn't offer it in a base model. Jesus just because he wants to lower his truck does not mean you need to bash it. Id rather have a lowered truck than some lifted street queen.

4. May 2, 2010 at 12:52 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    it shouldn't change that much as your going from spring over axle to spring under axle...the suspension travel might be limited a bit compared to stock but not much because the stock bumpstops are quite large. i have 4x4 leafs on my 5 lug, which is spring under axle and the load capacity and suspension travel with low pro bumpstops was very good, and the load capacity was greater than my stock was.

5. May 2, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    STEVON

STEVON [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVO
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Prerunner
    Reinforce tailgate
    I'm in Italy now and missing my double cab Tacoma. When I get back thinking of dropping my truck too with the kit but not for looks. My mom is almost eighy now and can't get into or out of the truck without help. Take the neighbors kids to school sometimes and they climb up OK but it makes me nervous watching them jump out. Since I purchased the truck for use as a car mostly anyways, lowering would make it more like a car. Just want to make sure the ride doesn't suffer and get another allignment after doing the changes.
    Ciao,
    Stephano

Products Discussed in

To Top