1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prerunner, Sport, SR5? Differences?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redhed, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dec 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    Redhed

Redhed [OP] Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    I am the proud owner of an 06 DC Black Sand Pearl "Prerunner". I've done some searches for the differences between "Prerunner" and SR5 but it's still somewhat unclear to me. Can someone explain the package differences between them? I've got the prerunner chrome grill surround and rear bumper, sliding rear window, leather wrapped steering wheel, and no chrome ring around the automatic gear shifter. Anyone? :confused:

2. Dec 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    Aod

Aod Ex STi enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    B.
    NorCal/Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Pro
    PreRunner = 2WD. SR5 = Package. TRD = Top Package(s). SR5 or TRD can be 2WD or 4WD but PreRunner is always 2WD but can be had with either of the two SR5 or TRD trims. http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/options.html

3. Dec 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    Redhed

Redhed [OP] Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    Thanks for responding. I guess I was confused because mine has all the features of the SR5 Extra Value Package, except for the SR5 Fabric Trim & the Backup Camera, & Temp monitor. I was begining to think I had an SR5. :D

"SR5 Extra Value Package: Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Fog Lamps (V6 models only), Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Bucket Seats with Driver Lumbar Support, SR5 Fabric Trim, Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], SR5 Badge"

Products Discussed in

To Top