1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prerunner videos?

Discussion in 'Tacoma Videos' started by evan164, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Sep 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    Claymore21

Claymore21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle:
    02 Gold Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Deckplate mod, Mag-lite mod, white tool box, Cobra 75wxst w/K40 mag mount, Black grille, Ultra Gauge
    Ah, okay. thanks

2. Sep 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    Claymore21

Claymore21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle:
    02 Gold Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Deckplate mod, Mag-lite mod, white tool box, Cobra 75wxst w/K40 mag mount, Black grille, Ultra Gauge
    SR5 Package

• Toyota markets its SR5 as an "extra value package." It features power outside mirrors on the crew cab models and fog lamps on the 2011 V-6-powered models. Other types of Tacomas equipped with the SR5 package get remote keyless entry, cruise control, chrome grille and rear bumper, extended front and rear fenders, color-keyed front bumper, sliding rear window with tinted glass and bucket seats with lumbar support. The interior seats and door panels feature special fabric trim, metallic-toned instrument panel accents, leather-wrapped steering wheel and a tailgate handle with integrated backup camera. The truck also gets an "SR5" exterior badge.

3. Sep 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    evan164

evan164 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5
    Added a trailer hitch and the 4 pin connector
    Unfortunately, I don't have the trd. It's just an sr5
    I do find it interesting! My dad originally bought the truck to commute to work. Recently he got a new job and a new work truck. So, he passed the toyota down to me. haha I've been researching it a lot. I like to learn about it

4. Sep 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM
    ColesDirtyYota

ColesDirtyYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Dezert Built
    Camburg LT Icon 2.5" x 9" coilovers Radflo 2.0" Bumpstops Radflo 2.5" x 16" tripple- Bypasses Deaver F67 Race Pack Richer Racing 12" shackles Full bedcage Full 2" cab cage Tube bumper Solid motor mounts Total Chaos spindle Gussets RR gusseted UCA mounts Total Chaos poly urethane Steering kit T100 axle 4:88's/ Locker AFE dry air intake BA Muffler Trimmed the Throttle Body Fiberwerx 05+ clip Fiberwerx 8" bedsides Full JL speakers/ deck/ sub Rigid Industry 30" LED bar ORW LED amber lights/ brake lights Kenwood Race Radio HF jack with custom skid plat
    thanks guy! if u like following it, i gotta build thread and will be doing a full race legal cab cage starting next week so ill be putting picts and ect up.

5. Sep 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    ColesDirtyYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Dezert Built
    Camburg LT Icon 2.5" x 9" coilovers Radflo 2.0" Bumpstops Radflo 2.5" x 16" tripple- Bypasses Deaver F67 Race Pack Richer Racing 12" shackles Full bedcage Full 2" cab cage Tube bumper Solid motor mounts Total Chaos spindle Gussets RR gusseted UCA mounts Total Chaos poly urethane Steering kit T100 axle 4:88's/ Locker AFE dry air intake BA Muffler Trimmed the Throttle Body Fiberwerx 05+ clip Fiberwerx 8" bedsides Full JL speakers/ deck/ sub Rigid Industry 30" LED bar ORW LED amber lights/ brake lights Kenwood Race Radio HF jack with custom skid plat
    right on! best thing u could prob do, get 2.5" bolt in coilovers like icons or kings or SAW's and upper control arms from Camburg or Total Chaos and ect. then in rear 2.5" bolt on shocks and take out the over-weight spring in the leaf pack so it doesn't buck so damn bad. ull have a badass truck u can easily go fuck around in and have a blast. that set up is what got me hooked haha

6. Sep 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    evan164

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5
    That sounds awesome! One question, will that affect towing abilities in any way?

7. Sep 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    ColesDirtyYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Dezert Built
    overweight will make it so u can hold less in the bed. so if u do carry real heavy shit around alot then i would probably keep it. other then that u probably wont notice. leaf springs hold the truck at ride height and that is all while the shock dampens, but the top over weight spring pushes upward to compesate for alot of load in the bed like a couch or something large, so if your off-road and have no weight in the bed that spring is always launching upward causing u to buck

8. Sep 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    evan164

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5
    Yeah, I've noticed the bucking before. even on the road when I hit a speed bump. The only problem is I like to make furniture and things out of wood which involves hauling a lot of wood around, which in the past has been pretty heavy. I'm afraid I would need the pay load and wouldn't have it

9. Dec 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    LadTacoma

LadTacoma Proud *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Ft Hood
    Vehicle:
    Prime Mover

MAN, I WATCHED IT COUPLE TIMES. YOU MADE THE INSTALLATION LOOK EASY! LOL THANKS FOR THE VIDEO!:cool:

10. Dec 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    MightyMouse-SCT

MightyMouse-SCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    O'SIDE CA
    Vehicle:
    MightyMouse-SCT - 2011 LT 4x4 Desert Runner
    Long Travel Total chaos kit, fox shocks, smp fab , dmz sua, glassworks, method wheels.
    What's up with the silver 2nd gen regular cab with fenders . Specs ? Member ?

11. Dec 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    precoma

precoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    corey
    Crestline, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 trd sport
    Total chaos UCA's, icon coils, deaver long travel leaf pack with icon resi's, k and n intake
    i believe thats naked turtle, he has total chaos sua in the year he is a 5 lug and mid travel in the front

12. Jan 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    sdemarois

sdemarois Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    l0ng beach
    Vehicle:
    89 toyota pick up
    2uz fe swap, custom long travel with batch racing spindle, 4 linked
To Top