1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

President calls Bill "misguided".

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Andrew H, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It's called tired of backwards ass bullshit fucking those who are doing what they are supposed to be doing and being tired of the concern for those that have rights to nothing here and no concern shown to legal citizens. I bashed no one except the ones that need to leave and voiced nothing more than anyone else has. Focus on content, not the delivery, sorry if appropriate adjectives are offensive, so is even considering giving away shit we have to work for here.

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I think it all comes down to how the bill it written. I admittedly haven't read it, but from what I understand about current law is that one is required to give their name if questioned by an officer, not ID. ID is only required if it is a terry stop and that person is being detained (reasonable suspicion), and then only if the activity you're doing requires ID (driving a motor vehicle, for example). Granted that it makes your life a whole lot easier to have ID while walking down the street, you aren't required to, but if detained, you can be made to prove who you are before you'll be released.

Reasonable suspicion can include "profiling" though, since all the officer has is a description. If someone fits that description (be it hispanic, paint on hands, blue truck, black t-shirt, whatever), they can detain you based on fitting the description until they've verified that you aren't the criminal.

Now, if the bill goes as far as to say they can randomly require people supply ID with out being detained, the bill is in the wrong. My guess is that is isn't going that far though and people are over-reacting to a bill that is just restating what is currently already law, and possibly adding in additional punishments.

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    :rofl:

The problem is that the consequences and penalty for violating U.S. federal law is a complete joke. There is no deterrent.

Don't come to the U.S. We'll just pick you up and feed you and then take you back... What a joke.

And look at this section of the U.S. border fence it goes from a fence to barbed wire:

[​IMG]

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H [OP] What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Illegal is still Illegal. Thats pretty much what it comes down to.

Its obvious Arizona is tired of it. I understand the content of your post. But its how we deliver the content that is whats important. I'll gladly sit and talk with anyone. But as soon as that person starts yelling I'm out of the conversation. Express your opinions. Just do it appropriately so people actually listen to it instead of just hearing it.

5. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    I don't think his statement was racist. This could easily be applied to anyone.

I have to agree with T@co here. I don't think it's too much to as someone who wants to be here adapt to our culture and tongue, regardless of race, religion, or creed. Would you move to Russia and expect them to adapt to English and American Football, and be ok if you flew the American flag on your house? No. But we do. Would you expect Russian schools to slow down their classes to help your kids learn Russian? No. But we do.

You know how aggravating it is to walk around in parts of my town wondering if I'm in Brooklyn or not? Hey, New Yorkers, if New York is so great then GTFO and go back! And take your asshole attitude with you.

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Anyone who thinks building multi-billion dollar fences would even slow down illegal immigration is an idiot and they themselves are the ones who need to be deported.

Never forget. Where there is a will, there is a way. They'll just go over, under, or through it. They'll take boats and airplanes. It doesn't matter. People successfully got over the Berlin wall with snipers posted all along it. People got over the Great Wall of China.

Even if it did work the maintenance and patrol of the fences would cost billions in taxpayer dollars. It's a wash in the end.

7. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I agree with his points, just not the way he expressed it. My mom learned English when she came here from Japan. She adapted to the way this Country works.

You expressed the same points tacoprerunner did. But you did it in a way that people would listen to it without thinking negatively about you.

8. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    I feel that illegal immigration is just a small slice of what we as a society have to do. We have to not only stop illegal immigration but we have to stop shipping our jobs overseas as well. We have to come down hard on companies that ship American jobs oversee to increase corporate profits that just feeds a greater CEO salary. Hello, it’s the same thing, American jobs being worked by a non-American. If you are against illegal immigration, you must be against shipping jobs overseas. Keep jobs in America, pay American workers a living wage, and end the outrageous CEO pay. I had to call Directv the other day, the guy I spoke to was clearly not from this country, I mean come on, take all those call center jobs back to America. There not great jobs, but they would still employee Americans.

9. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Millions
    I don't agree. America is free. Russia is not. America has freedom of speech. Assimilation is not required. You may speak any language you wish and if you don't like it you can stand on the street corner and protest to your hearts content.

10. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    True. But only because they know they can take advantage of our open borders. America still have citizens being held in prison in Iran because they accidentally hiked over the invisible line in the map into Iran. They have been there for 9 months so far.

11. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    You can be taken "downtown" for Failure to ID. Happend to a buddy of mine.

Probably not a criminal. just not able to cross the border

I always have my wallet on me with my DL in it. I thought everyone did?

12. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    The United States was supposedly built on principles of freedom. Russia was not.

It sounds like you want freedom as long as everyone acts, believes, and does the same as you. My friend who was born and raised in the US has a last name of MacGregor. He has the flag of Ireland tattood on his back and he is an Irish Catholic. Shall we deport him because he is not a WASP wrapped in an American flag?

13. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I agree. Microsoft outsources most of their call centers for Xbox overseas to India. Why the hell can't have them in America? I can say that I am against ILLEGAL-immigration and against outsourcing American jobs elsewhere.

14. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Millions
    Hi Keason, to clarify those checkpoints I go through are inside California's borders. Caltrans gives permission the the Feds to operate the checkpoints on Interstate 8 in East San Diego.

15. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Are we not standing on the Tacoma World street corner protesting to our hearts content?

I will agree with yours and TRD's assimilation and free speech point 100% after one condition is met: These folks abide by the law and cross the border LEGALLY.

16. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    burnt_tiger

burnt_tiger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bakersfield CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab 4x4 longbed
    viper 5900 automatic start/alarm, pioneer avic-d3 indash gps UWS black truck box black tube steps, blue sea fuse block wet okoles console vault AFE oil free drop in air filter. hose clamp mod 5% tint Cobra 75 CB
    Don't forget about the very very bloody drug war taking place in border towns. That needs to be considered. If it spills over more (look at the kidnapping stats in AZ) everybody will be screaming for this bill. I agree the constitutional rights of CITIZENS need to be protected. But we need to clear criminal aliens from our streets. Perhaps a 3 month trial period is in order? After which it comes up for review and another vote?

17. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Millions
    :ohsnap:

:rofl:

18. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage, ethnic background, and NATIONALITY. You're friend is an American with an Irish background. Its good to be proud of your history.

But its one thing to be proud of it and another thing to try and make another country your old country. Like moving from one state to another. I know a lot of Californians that move to AZ and they complain about the way this state works and they try and change it. Well, if you don't like it here and the way things work, why did you come here?

19. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Millions of dollars are spent in Arizona supporting illegals in one way or another. Quite honestly, I am tired of picking up the tab. When one of them hits your truck and doesn't have insurance, you pick up the tab. When one of them walks into a hospital to pop out another kid they can't afford, you pick up the tab. When they apply for welfare, you pick up the tab. I am tired of picking up the tab for people that shouldn't be here in the first place.

As a society, we have developed rules and laws for the good of all citizens. The fact that it is illegal is enough for me. We need to start enforcing these laws.

Finally, with Napolitano gone, we are starting to make progress on this issue.

20. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    agree 100%

I don't have any good ideas to help the immigration problem in the future so I don't know about a 3 month trial period. But what I do know NOW is that we need to deal with the Illegals now. Then maybe talk about how they can became citizens in the future LEGALLY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top