1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pretty good question about lifts....again

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BRYLONATOR, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nov 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR [OP] Building 06 Suburban K2500 with LBZ D-max and ZF6!

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    Ok...I have spent the last 3 months researching this and believe it or not...still can't find my answer! The info available for lifts is absolutely insane but I don't think anyone has definitively answered the basic question of just leveling out the front. I have an 07' access cab trd sport. I don't wheel except for the occasion dirt road. I am running 265/70/17 gen. grabbers and get just a slight rub when turning under pressure. I just want to lift the front end enough to be level with the stock leafs in the back. Hopefully eliminate the rubbing and I am worried about all of the wobble problems associated with lifts. I just ordered by front 5100's but have to ask if I can be successful at leveling the front with just the shocks using stock springs? If so, what should I set the shocks at? If I need springs....what would I set them at with toytecs? And if I level the front end...should I expect noises , wobble or any other problem that would change the driving characteristics of a factory truck? Thanks ahead of time for any corrct input that can be given!

2. Nov 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I hate to say it but you must not have searched very hard because the question of leveling a Tacoma using 5100's and stock or aftermarket coils has been asked and answered numerous times.

Measure from the hub to the fender, both front and back. The difference will be the setting you need to set the 5100's at to give you a level stance. For example, if the front is 22" and the rear is 24", then the 1.75 setting would be ideal using stock coils.

3. Nov 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR [OP] Building 06 Suburban K2500 with LBZ D-max and ZF6!

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    Thanks pugga...I did search really well but can't believe I didn't look for the obvious! I don't know why I didn't ask that question in the search field. I kept searching what people thought of certain components regarding quality and such. I feel like an idiot and want to just delete the post!

Products Discussed in

To Top