1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PrInSu Design Studio Roof Racks BS Thread

Discussion in 'PrInSu Design Studio' started by zscott, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Jan 1, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    Chapman

Chapman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SW DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Anyone mess up using the hole saw to punch the hole in the weatherstrip? The hole saw is not cutting clean.

2. Jan 1, 2017 at 4:57 PM
    Jamart5

Jamart5 HoeRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    SETX
    Vehicle:
    '16 4Runner TRD
    Used drill press with hole saw no problems. Are you using portable drill?

3. Jan 1, 2017 at 5:02 PM
    Chapman

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    I am :( Looks like I'm going to need to do the 'cut to fit' instead of the hole punch.

4. Jan 1, 2017 at 5:03 PM
    Jamart5

Jamart5 HoeRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    SETX
    Vehicle:
    '16 4Runner TRD
    :oops:

5. Jan 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM
    Chapman

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    It looked easier than I thought! I had the rubber clamped, but still no go. Thanks for the reply. Heading back to the garage!

6. Jan 1, 2017 at 5:13 PM
    Jamart5

Jamart5 HoeRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    SETX
    Vehicle:
    '16 4Runner TRD
    :cheers:

7. Jan 1, 2017 at 10:27 PM
    Chapman

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ah crap. My package is missing the 6M x 100 Hex bolts! Only has the lock and fender washers in the bag!

EDIT!! Nevermind just kidding! Was a long night last night. I had the bolts on top of my truck lol!

I was provided torx screws for the crossarm mounts, is that right? I see others here have phillips-head screws. :confused:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  8. Jan 2, 2017 at 12:46 AM
    austinrauh

austinrauh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    05 AC OR
    I got mine recently and I have torx as well

9. Jan 2, 2017 at 4:51 AM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    SOLD 2016 taco: premium technology and tow package. OV Tune 1.05; A.R.E. V Camper Shell; BRO grille & Tails; OEM bed mat; Xenon Depot HID headlight conversion; reflective gray tailgate letter inserts; GoPro session; Hondo radio knobs; K&N cold air intake, quicksand painted dash bezels, Subaru dash speakers, Kicker CS 6x9 fronts and 6.5 rear speakers; All LED interior lights and LED high-beam headlights. Redline elite hood shock props. prinsu cab and camper rack with rough country 30" light bar; (2) 8" rear facing “F.U.”rough country black LED lights; prinsu cargo basket kit, (2) prinsu load racks; roadshower 4; ARB 2500 awning and room kit; weather tech floor mats; carhart seat covers; ckma12 ARB air compressor under the hood; blue ridge overland gear air tools bag, tool bag, driver's seat molle. Rack mounted TRED 800 recovery treds and plano case. Rotopax water and fuelpax fuel canisters; Pelican cased first aid kit in bed. rockblokz mud flaps. ARB rear dif. breather. Stand alone fuse block. SSO bumper with 10k smittybilt synthetic line winch and factor55 ultrahook. Pro Eagle 2-Ton “The Beast” jack. OME lift kit: 90000 front shocks and 886 OME coils, Camburg 310078 UCA, 60091 rear shocks with light duty Dakar leafs. Good Year duratracs 285/75R16. Black vinyl inlays on factory OR wheels; RCI Steel Front/Trans/Trans Case/Rear Diff Skids, Alum A-Arm; Mobtown bolt-on sliders with scorpion bed coating; pelfreybilt aluminum fuel tank skid; Cali-Raised full length Molle storage LH & RH bed sides; Caliraised bedside reinforcements; HELLA sharptone horns; Optima blue-top battery with AJT machined red tiedown bracket. AJT quicksand key fob. Overland Bound member #6996
    I got T30 torx for the bars and Phillips for the deflector. Works out perfectly.

10. Jan 2, 2017 at 4:58 AM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    SOLD 2016 taco: premium technology and tow package. OV Tune 1.05; A.R.E. V Camper Shell; BRO grille & Tails; OEM bed mat; Xenon Depot HID headlight conversion; reflective gray tailgate letter inserts; GoPro session; Hondo radio knobs; K&N cold air intake, quicksand painted dash bezels, Subaru dash speakers, Kicker CS 6x9 fronts and 6.5 rear speakers; All LED interior lights and LED high-beam headlights. Redline elite hood shock props. prinsu cab and camper rack with rough country 30" light bar; (2) 8" rear facing “F.U.”rough country black LED lights; prinsu cargo basket kit, (2) prinsu load racks; roadshower 4; ARB 2500 awning and room kit; weather tech floor mats; carhart seat covers; ckma12 ARB air compressor under the hood; blue ridge overland gear air tools bag, tool bag, driver's seat molle. Rack mounted TRED 800 recovery treds and plano case. Rotopax water and fuelpax fuel canisters; Pelican cased first aid kit in bed. rockblokz mud flaps. ARB rear dif. breather. Stand alone fuse block. SSO bumper with 10k smittybilt synthetic line winch and factor55 ultrahook. Pro Eagle 2-Ton “The Beast” jack. OME lift kit: 90000 front shocks and 886 OME coils, Camburg 310078 UCA, 60091 rear shocks with light duty Dakar leafs. Good Year duratracs 285/75R16. Black vinyl inlays on factory OR wheels; RCI Steel Front/Trans/Trans Case/Rear Diff Skids, Alum A-Arm; Mobtown bolt-on sliders with scorpion bed coating; pelfreybilt aluminum fuel tank skid; Cali-Raised full length Molle storage LH & RH bed sides; Caliraised bedside reinforcements; HELLA sharptone horns; Optima blue-top battery with AJT machined red tiedown bracket. AJT quicksand key fob. Overland Bound member #6996
    I keep seeing everyone try to drill the holes. It's has been brought up before but, buy a 3/4" leather punch. I got perfect uniform holes on all 10. I did have to keep rotating the punch because the metal strip eventually destroyed the cutting edge but it served it purpose perfectly. It cost me $15 dollars on eBay and I still feel it was worth it even if it was trashed when I was done.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Jan 2, 2017 at 9:59 AM
    austinrauh

austinrauh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    05 AC OR
    I feel the same, I used the punches too and it was the smoothest part of the operation haha

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Jan 2, 2017 at 11:46 AM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    The only other hand tools I needed were 7/16 wrench for the mounting brackets to the racks and 10mm for the mounting brackets to the cab and camper.

13. Jan 2, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    taco_pat

taco_pat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Watsonville Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    This may be a repeat question, but I have looked at probably 80 of the 284 pages and haven't found an answer...
    How do you guys mount the pelican cases to the rack? Are they easily removable or do you drill a hole and use a nut on the inside of the case?

14. Jan 2, 2017 at 5:01 PM
    tncamp

tncamp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KR
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 Siliver Tacoma DCSB SR5
    @taco_pat

Here is one example I saw earlier today.

15. Jan 3, 2017 at 7:22 AM
    AddicTioN

AddicTioN Forklift technician

Member:
    First Name:
    wyatt
    north carolina mountains
    Vehicle:
    2020 dclb off road
    Hopefully i will get a update on shipping status soon and mine will be on the way all these pictures are making me super impatient! :annoyed:

16. Jan 3, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    lockwire24

lockwire24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    2012 MG DBL cab LB TRD sport
    Cobra CB, Firestik II w/ Relentless hood mount, 4x Innovation sliders, Level 8 tracker pro, TRD exhaust, home made grill insert, Leer XR, led bed lights, King shocks, LR uca, Pelfreybuilt front/rear bumpers and skid plates, B.A.M.F. rear shock relocate.
    I used 4 carriage bolts coming up through drilled holes with rubber and metal plates as strong backs.

17. Jan 3, 2017 at 11:50 AM
    pixelsailor

pixelsailor TTC #33

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    Devourer of wallets
    things
    Based on looks and features, Prinsu is by far my favorite rack, but holy cow is it loud. At about 45 it sounds like my last Rhino Rack, which didn't have a wind deflector. At 70 it's unbearable. I have a slot for a light bar but have not mounted one yet. Can anyone testify that adding a light bar would reduce the sound? I may have to sell this thing otherwise. I commute too much to put up with this :(

18. Jan 3, 2017 at 11:56 AM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    I agree that it is one loud SOB, I am thinking about moving the deflector up a notch and I am awaiting my "noise reducing trim" along with my deflector with light cutout so I am really curious too! I don't dislike it enough to take it off though.

19. Jan 3, 2017 at 11:57 AM
    taco_pat

taco_pat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Watsonville Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I was hoping there would be a way to strap them down so you can easily remove the whole box. But I really appreciate the info!

20. Jan 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM
    duvinclunk

duvinclunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Davin
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB|OR|QS
    Is this the consensus of most?

bshammer0 likes this.

Products Discussed in