1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PrInSu Design Studio Roof Racks BS Thread

Discussion in 'PrInSu Design Studio' started by zscott, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Mar 1, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    zscott

zscott [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Good to know. I will have to fashion something similar for this year when we start making trips.

2. Mar 1, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    If your rack system works out for me I'd like to take an inch or two off that fairing as well.
    I truly love the RTT setup, I just need to make it sit closer to the roof in a secure fashion. :eek:

3. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Well it should work out great for both of us. We have an annex for the RTT so with the tent on top of the shell it will make the annex more useable. I will probably be figuring out some type of deflector like that for trips too. I was thinking about making some type of mount for maxtrax/tred ramps that sit on the roof rack above the cab and angle back like your deflector is.

4. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    that's funny - I was thinking something similar.

I wanted something to put my Logo on though, and the treads wouldn't work for that:

[​IMG]

5. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    I see. I hadn't heard of TOYWERX yet, is that the logo for your satoshi grills?

6. Mar 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Pics of the rack for the topper installed on my snugtop. Leaving it bare aluminum until I get the funds to powdercoat, or the weather gets dry enough to rattle can. Clearance from the top of the shell to the bottom of the cross bars is 1.25-1.5" at the highest point.

IMG_3848_zps05e71de4_e414e55513b8e3c1b30918d16d1a262b08de0c87.jpg

IMG_3846_zps1ec0458f_92d05fa6f012bca4a5538acb6d4f1817136ad880.jpg

IMG_3844_zpsfa2332c4_5d3a3b3b52ad5fa61ceb580bf022c1b46b586593.jpg

7. Mar 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    yup. do want. :drool:

8. Mar 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Let me know if you want to order. I am going to get some more thule hardware ordered for the last mounting points on mine and can get your stuff ordered too if you are ready.

9. Mar 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    I really like the look of the bare aluminum

10. Mar 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    I'm not a huge fan of it usually but I can see how with a little polishing it could grow on someone.

11. Mar 2, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    I am probably going to be ordering another sheet of aluminum to do some racks for toppers depending on a few pending orders and some local interest I have had. Due to the shape of the rails for the topper I am able to get a couple more on the sheet than I with the cab rails or a mix of the two.

I would like to be able to get all the sets of rails that will come out of this sheet claimed before I order it so if you were interested in a rack for your topper send me a PM and I may be able to work out a little bit of a discount from the original price. It won't be much cause my savings will be pretty small but it will be something.

12. Mar 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    J4RR

J4RR Well-Known Member

Member:
    The OC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD SPORT 4X4
    When are you ordering? I'm trying to close on deal on a used snugtop by the end of the week but I don't want to order a rack for the topper if I don't even have it yet.

13. Mar 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    Sub'd, Ill have a topper soon enough (hopefully)

14. Mar 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders
    Dam I wanted to build a fairing like that for my RTT when I first got it, still got the ABS sheet. I ended up going with a roof rack. And now zscott's roof rack. Already sold my old setup, looking forward to getting this rack on!

15. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    :drool:

16. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Definitely by the end of the week before I head out of town. There are a few people on the fence so and I would like to get as many people as possible before I order but don't want to pressure anyone into ordering if they aren't ready.

17. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    <--- Drank the Kool Aid. :cool:

18. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    I am thinking of adding a deflector like Craigs to my roof rack that is on a hinge. When I have the RTT on the topper it will swing up to help send wind over the RTT. When I don't have the RTT on the deflector will swing forward and lay flat on the roof rack allowing me to mount other stuff.

19. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Good idea for your type of rack system for the roof of the cab - unfortunately that would not fly with the OEM rack.

I'd like to change it up but at this point it's more important for me to have the RTT on a better setup. :eek:

20. Mar 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    zscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. Once you get your tent lowered to where you want it you should have a functional setup that fits your needs. No need to change or add more if it isn't a necessity right away.

Products Discussed in

To Top