1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

pro comp 3 inch lift good or bad

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BAMFTACO, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Feb 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO [OP] Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- king 2.5 with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- tire gate, custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator as muffler, hps silicone hoses Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector, rear dust lights with custom bed bar and hi lift mount.
    why do people hate pro comp lift i have 3 inch lift and i like it ive had no problems with

2. Feb 5, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    cheap parts, better stuff out there.

if you like it cool, but most are not fans

3. Feb 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- king 2.5 with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- tire gate, custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator as muffler, hps silicone hoses Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector, rear dust lights with custom bed bar and hi lift mount.
    I get were your coming from the only reason I got it cuz it was cheap and also my taco can't off road cuz its peg leg its not the trd model but its a prerunner

4. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i had pro comp shocks years ago and they sucked ass from day 1. total disappointment, thats were i'm coming from

dude, just cause it's not a TRD doesnt mean you have to stick to pavement. you still have a very very capable truck. check out this truck, it's a 5-lug. not even a prerunner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    You gotta point and sick truck man

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    I've had it on for about 2 weeks. So far, so good. I don't wheel often, so for me it works. The ride is ok. It was super stiff the 1st week. Now it's settling in and rides fine. Stiffer then stock, but not too bad. I haven't wheeled with it yet. This weekend the uca's go in.

7. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Because People are Haters My 6 Inch Lift Is Great!

8. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    ive had it on for a year and i hate it. want to go bigger and better. one day youll walk out to your truck and notice that it doesnt even look lifted and itll just bug the living crap outta you. at least it did to me

9. Feb 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    I think three inch lift for tacomas is perfect cuz you can fit bigger tires and still have good clearance on my brother truck he got three inch lift with 18 inch rims with 33s and if your on a budget that's the way to go

10. Feb 7, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    Hugebergen

Hugebergen Crash and burn live and learn

Member:
    Saskatoon Sask
    3"Toytec ULK, box mat, angle brackets in box corners for tie downs, anytime fog lights, bhlm, black grill and lip, trimed front flaps, 7089 procomp rims with 285/75/16 Toyo M/T tires, black badges with trd badges added,anytime foglights, lamin-x yellow fogs, illuminated 4x4 switch, colour match satoshi, Camburg ball joint UCAS.
    I just installed a 3" pro comp lift on my truck and i like it so far.

11. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    kingtaco

kingtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Gabriel Valley
    Iv'e had my pro comp 3" for 6 months. For the price it's not bad. Do any of you guy's hear a clank or clunk sound from the front shocks? Can you guy's post pictures of the front shocks, the top part just under the fender well ? I would like to see what your bushings look like.

12. Feb 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Hey king taco look at my pic on my photos and I don't know why you have that noise its weird

To Top