1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by OCTaco, Jun 9, 2010.

?

Prolife or Prochoice

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. Prolife~ Abortion is murder and therefore unacceptable

104 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Prochoice~ It's a free country people should be free to do as they please

213 vote(s)
    67.2%
  1. Jun 11, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    adnh27

adnh27 Member

Member:
    Pro-life...especially with partial birth abortions. has anyone seen/or know what they are? That is murder in my eyes!

2. Jun 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    OCTaco

OCTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    Any vids? I heard it's really graphic and nasty stuff.:(

3. Jun 11, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I believe it's ending a life, so it's a dispicable choice to make... but we have the right to make it.

4. Jun 11, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    They'll say it's one life to save many. And they'll claim he's a murderer so it's warranted.

Now that shit is just wrong on all levels.

5. Jun 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    Read my post #233. I agree, it's just wrong, very wrong!:mad:

6. Jun 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I have to say I'm disappointed with the poll results. I'm a libertarian and I'm all about freedom of choice as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or infringe on the freedoms of others. Generally speaking, imo, abortion is murder.

7. Jun 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2

8. Jun 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    just a question here....if abortion is murder, should a miscarriage be involuntary manslaughter? seem absurd? yes and that's the point

9. Jun 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Seems a little " Non - contributing " ;) :D

10. Jun 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    haha...it's on topic:D

11. Jun 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    No because with a pregnancy there comes risks, and a miscarriage is one of those. Last I checked, intended pregnancy doesn't show negligence, wreckless, or unlawful. :rolleyes: To even compare a miscarriage to involuntary manslaughter is not even logical given the circumstances.

12. Jun 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    so the death of a fetus by someone's own will doesnt compare to the death of a fetus by her own body killing it? still a dead fetus at the end of the day by the mother....

13. Jun 11, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    theres a big difference between the two, despite the outcome being the same. And active decision on the mothers part to end the life of the fetus is WAYYYY different than a mother thinking her baby is due in 5 months and finding out its been dead for a couple weeks.

14. Jun 11, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    No, because the decision by the mother to have an abortion shows that the mother and the doctor are willing to kill the baby, whereas a miscarriage is where you think involuntary manslaughter comes into play where it doesn't because it in no way fits the definition of inv. manslaughter. The decision to have an abortion fits the definition of premeditated murder exactly, with the decision to kill has been thought about.

15. Jun 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    cameraperson

cameraperson TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameraperson ADK
    DC and Lake Ozonia in the ADKs
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 TrD sport
    Roof Rack, Auto Ignition, Full-time switchable camera over the rear tag, steering wheel cover, light floor mats, Gravimetric torpedoes
    What a great debate, it's just such a shame people wont agree to actually have an argument based on equal terms. Nobody is anti-life. And nobody wants other people or the government to determine what they can and cant do to their own body. Its weak argument based on emotional ideals.

What's worth saving? What's the essential part of a person that is different from animals? This is the only thing worth reading on this argument Pro Choice VS Life.
    Seriously, everyone should read it. Unless you think you have a magical "soul." Then, keep on pretending. Its safer for the rest of us.

Now heres my take on abortion.

If you're pro life, great. You love life a whole lot. Are you also vegan, you dont kill bugs, you're as environmentally friendly as possible so you protect life? Perhaps "Thou Shalt Not Kill" is a meaningful phrase that you take literally. (But SOME people think it says "thou shalt not kill*" *humans are the only important things on the earth)

If you're pro choice, great. But clearly you wouldnt kill a child after an hour of being born, right? So not any hour before! How far back are we willing to kill a "child?" And have you thought about what a child is?

I'd love to go to church with you Marge, but I've got a lot of work to do around the bed. - Homer! The lord only asks for an hour a week. -...in that case he should have made the week an hour longer...

Now who's going with Daddy to the dump? me me me !!!

16. Jun 11, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    ^^ The thing is, it's not their body.

17. Jun 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    But you're willing to infringe on the freedom of the mother. How does that work? Either way you're stepping on someones freedom.

It can't live outside the mother so it is.

That's like saying the Bank holds a lien on my truck so they technically own it. So if I crash it they're really responsible cause it's their truck.

18. Jun 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Well when the mother infringes on the baby's right to live, I'd say that's unacceptable, no?

It's part of the mother, but it's not the mother's body. It's a whole different human being. When a cat is pregnant, do you call the kittens the cat? Or do you call them the kittens that haven't been born yet?

19. Jun 11, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    They're part of the Mother Cat. They can't survive on their own outside of the mother so there is no point calling them a viable separate entity.

Second by forcing the mother to have the child you're infringing on the mothers right to life the way she wants it. You're effectively destroying one life to satisfy another. How is that anymore right?

20. Jun 11, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    So you're saying that you wouldn't call them kittens, but rather an developing "extension" of the mother? ...

But denying life of a baby that can't defend itself is better than a woman carrying it for 9 months? Hell, for all we know the baby could find a cure for cancer when he/she grows up. So for 9 months of pregnancy could lead the way for a healthy 70+ years of life.

Products Discussed in

To Top