1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by OCTaco, Jun 9, 2010.

?

Prolife or Prochoice

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. Prolife~ Abortion is murder and therefore unacceptable

104 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Prochoice~ It's a free country people should be free to do as they please

213 vote(s)
    67.2%
  1. Jun 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    The baby could also grow up to be the next Hitler and destroy the world before He/she is 35.

The woman is established and (hopefully) a productive member of society. If not, she has no business having a child and should be sterilized soon after the abortion cause god knows what the child is going to grow up to be.

2. Jun 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    famousfernando

famousfernando Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 tacoma trd package 6" fabtech l
    110% pro life

3. Jun 11, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    That extra 10% puts you full circle onto our side. Welcome 90% to Pro-Choice.

4. Jun 12, 2010 at 1:59 AM
    kanelakos

kanelakos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport
    Why is it when a pregnant woman gets mugged and the baby dies, the perp gets charged with murder but when same woman goes to get abortion, its legal? The woman's choice was made when she took her panties off. In cases of rape it is unfortunate for the woman but so is it unfortunate for another victim of another crime who loses a limb or becomes blind. A fetus is a living, growing life. To terminate that life is nothing short of murder.

As for the religious aspect of it... It really does not matter what men write in laws. In the end you will have to face the only judge that matters.

5. Jun 12, 2010 at 3:37 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yourself?

Doug the Cat?

A small Filipino named Eduardo?

I know! Cedric the ant! I always loved that little bastard.

6. Jun 12, 2010 at 4:18 AM
    kanelakos

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport

Better to believe and be wrong than not to believe and be wrong...

7. Jun 12, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    kanelakos

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport
    She made her choice when she decided to have sex. She could have kept her pants on. When I was growing up as a teenager in the mid 70's, the saying was for men at that time... "if you want to play you have to pay". In other words, if you are going to have sex, there is the possibility of the woman getting pregnant and if this happens, you have to responsible and care for and support that child. Now days its " just kill it!"

8. Jun 12, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Just some things that came to mind while 'browsing' the thread, I haven't completely read it all....

How many of you men have talked to your significant other about your and their beliefs on this topic?
    What if you are pro-life and your s/o is pro-choice and she gets pregnant and wants and abortion?
    What if you are pro-choice and your s/o is pro-life, you don't want kids and she gets pregnant, are you going to be a father?
    What if your s/o gets raped and gets pregnant, can you raise that child as your own and give it the same quality of life as if it were your child?

How about this...I don't want kids so I use birth control (12yrs), but why can't I choose to be sterilized? (In case you didn't know, there are certain requirements for a woman or man to be sterilized) So I can choose to have an abortion, but I can't choose to have a form of permanent birth control performed to prevent an abortion...

9. Jun 12, 2010 at 4:56 AM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    Forcing people to have babies they don't want is never a good idea. You're creating a society that will be poorer, and blanketed with crime. Most babies that are unwanted grow up to be criminals. Their mothers are poor, uneducated, and will not care if the child is raised or just lives on the streets.

Protecting life is another thing. Hell, we can't do a perfect job of it anyways. Also, is it human life that is so precious, or is it human American life? North Korea is one of the top human rights violators, with prison camps and what's close to genocide of the lower class, or "criminals". Multiple nations in Africa within the past 20 years have seen dictators and civil wars, genocide and mass killings. Iran, Uganda, China, India, Pakistan, Morocco, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the list goes on and on. Are we so blind that we are willing to sit here and say abortions are so wrong because the loss of human life, when all this happens around us everyday?

If we had all the answers to all of our societies problems (money, food, education, employment, economy, pretty much a utopian society) then maybe we could outlaw abortion, that way there would be plenty of outlets to care for these unwanted children. Yet, as we stand now it is easier, cheaper, and much faster to adopt overseas. We do not live in a utopian society, and almost 4,000 abortions are conducted every day in the U.S. You think the slums and homeless centers are packed now? You think our jails are packed now? You think too many people are sucking on the tit of welfare right now? Outlaw abortion again, and you will quickly realize what a mistake that was. With our modern population and problems there is no way out of abortions as a necessary "evil."

Abortion isn't the prettiest solution to irresponsible behavior. Humans, although, will always be irresponsible when no one is looking. None of us can say we have always !00% acted responsible all of our life. We've tried, we try to do right and not wrong, but we are not perfect and neither are these women. Should certain women try to use abortion as a birth control method, I think they should be allowed only an alloted amount so that they are not abusing this thing that admittedly is pretty ugly and sickening.

War isn't pretty, but it gets the job done. Politics aren't pretty, but it gets some of the job done, at least more than you or I could accomplish. Nothing in this life that is worth doing is easy, but necessary. Abortion isn't pretty, but like my other post in this thread, who else but that woman is the best person to know if she is ready to raise that child. She is the best source on the subject, and she has been choosing this method ever since it has become legal.

10. Jun 12, 2010 at 4:59 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I tried doing some browsing too Kristen. I gotts stay out of these kind of threads.

Kristen-a man can go in and get a V fairly easily with no limitations. Can't a woman get her tubes tied if she wants? Is there rules/laws against this, or is it health issues that doctors are concerned with? I don't know medical terms and I mean no disrespect ladies.:eek:

good post Kristen!:D

11. Jun 12, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    StandupTaco

StandupTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD Sport
    I'm Pro-choice all the way. I agree 110% there are circumstances that constitute the decision of abortion and the decision should lay Soli with the woman IMHO. Rape is one example that was not her fault, she's the one who has to carry the baby to term, live with consequences all her life and agree with another comment that it could mess up her career. It's a life changing experience, so where was her choice? It's OK for the man to express his opinion but lets face it, He doesn't carry the kid for 9 months and to me the Men in a lot of cases can and do, just walk away or have very little to do with the baby leaving the mother with the burden of raising it ( lots of single mothers out there) so I feel he should have NO part of the decision of abortion whatsoever.
    I don't feel it's any buddy's business except the woman, unless she's under age and still in the care of the parents. Under 16 is an issue for me too because I feel the teenager in most cases have to rely on the parents to take care of the kid as they aren't setup in life yet and have barely experienced life themselves. Seems like the thing to do these days around here anyway and I don't agree with it. The girls think it's cool until they are born...

12. Jun 12, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Pro-choice.

And it pisses me off that in most states, the guy has no say in the matter. Really, the girl gets to have all the power. Which is "great," protects the kid, the woman, whatever. But there's bound to be cases when Dad wants baby, Mom doesn't, and gets an abortion (because it's "her" body).

There really needs to be better legal equality when it comes to this topic.

13. Jun 12, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I usually stay out too...but it seems like these guys have some pretty strong opinions, but I have a doubt that many of them discuss them with their s/o's, especially the younger group.

It's definately easier for a man, I think their only requirement is over a certain age..30? If it's even a requirement or just an accepted practice by docs I'm not certain.
    A friend of mine just had it done as soon as the doc would do it and I'm sure it was only related to his age.

What if I wasn't in a steady relationship, I want to be the one to be able make the choice for myself. I don't expect any man to get fixed for me, I'd want to do it to myself since it is solely my choice to never have children.

Last I was told by my doc, for females to get permanent birth control they either had to be over a certain age or have a certain amount of kids already or have a medical condition where the doc agrees to do it for the safety of the female. I think it's over 30 and 2 kids, but I don't remember for sure. I can't do much 'research' as I'm at work right now.

Here is a quote from a birth control site for Essure (tubal ligation).
    "Young women with no children may have difficulty finding a surgeon to perform the procedure."
    So I'd think it's probably at the discretion of the obgyn, but there seems to be a general understanding not to do it under certain conditions ie. age and children. I also just saw something about certain states having restrictions, but I'm not able to look further into it at the moment.
    I know if you look up the info for certain forms of birth control it will say state the restrictions to use it, the one I can think of without looking is Mirena IUD. "Mirena (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) is recommended for women who have had at least one child."
    So yes, definately harder for a women to choose certain types of birth control and for sterilization.

14. Jun 12, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.

So you won't take away a woman's right to choose an abortion, but you would take away her right to EVER choose to have a child by sterilizing her after the abortion? You must not be as "pro-choice" as you would have us believe.

15. Jun 12, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.

Then kill the mother and let the baby live.

16. Jun 12, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I don't know how you can honestly compare the two. It's like comparing the death of a man b/c of a heart attack to the death of a man by a gun. One happens naturally, one happens b/c of injury inflicted.

I think there is a gray area in cases where the mother abuses her own body during pregnancy to the point that the fetus cannot survive. But to say that a miscarriage is the same as an abortion is just dumb, and I think you know it.

Women (and men, but let's not pretend that it's the same) have the choice NOT to get pregnant. Abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control.

17. Jun 12, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Except for rape, nobody forces anybody to have a baby he/she doesn't want.

Women who aren't ready to become mothers shouldn't be having unprotected sex. Men who aren't ready to become fathers shouldn't be having unprotected sex. There are SO MANY WAYS to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Before somebody says it, I'm NOT an abstinance only guy. Clearly it's the only 100% fool-proof way, but you can have all the SAFE fun in the world, too.

18. Jun 12, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    calaniz0312

calaniz0312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Mission, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Pop a Lock tail gate lock, Dee Zee Heavy Duty bed mat, Viper alarm system, Blacked out headlights, Blacked out tailights.
    Pro-choice!

19. Jun 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    That's my point, that if abortion was illegal women that made mistakes as young and stupid young women, they would be forced to have the child and raise it.

I am a huge condom advocate and 99% of my experiences out of a relationship (without birth control as well) is with a condom. Although I have this great record, there have been times as I'm sure you all have as well when that piece of rubber didn't find it's way on for some reason, or it broke or slipped off.

Quick story- After my divorce (where I had a planned child and things didn't work out with my now ex-wife) I started dating again eventually. I was dating this one girl for about 6 months and we decided to have a marathon night in bed. I, of course, used a condom, actually multiple condoms throughout the night's escapades. The last condom, for whatever reason (overuse of either tool :p) gave out, or rather gave in. It slipped off and inserted itself in her vagina. I realized after a little bit that things started to feel, oddly enough, much better down there than before. We stopped, I fished (no pun intended) out the slippery devil, and she went the next day to a clinic for a morning after pill.
    Although we took precautions, life was not to be inhibited. My sperm made it passed that rubbery boundary, kicked the morning after pills ass, and impregnated her.
    My child support for my planned child was set at around $800 a month. It's like I'm paying two mortgages. All of the sudden the prospect of having another child to support with a woman that I probably wasn't going to marry was quickly becoming a reality. We decided together and had an abortion. We have split since and moved on to better things.
    My current fiancee is extremely thankful that I can afford things for us both, and my only child will be happy later on when she realizes that I can pay for her college and improve her quality of life.

Sometimes life throws us curve balls and if abortion was illegal, there would be a lot of mistakes running around acting just like that, a mistake.

If we all were held to every single accident and mistake, doomed to serve out the exact repercussions of each one, we would be...well...we would all be fucked. Thankfully most of us have made mistakes and not been held responsible for all of them.

20. Jun 12, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    If you read back a bit, you'll see that I'm pro-choice.

We all make mistakes. Yours was choosing to continue without protection. An unborn child paid the price. I'm not saying you shouldn't have had the right to make the choice you did. I'm saying that nobody forces people to have children.

Products Discussed in

To Top