1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Probably getting divorced.

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by TacomaPrime, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Apr 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interesting this went from "probably getting a divorce" to "everything is settled on who gets what, and we're using the savings to get the divorce paid for" all on page one.

2. Apr 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    well, we started talking about it because she wants to leave within 1-2 months.

3. Apr 8, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not casting anything your way, it just unfolded so quickly it was almost as if she'd already decided to leave the marriage and needed a catalyst to announce it.

Glad things are proceeding smoothly, hope that continues for you both.

4. Apr 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    Guess it's time to start making it rain.

5. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    hyper15125

hyper15125 Headlight Retrofitting Hobbyist Vendor

Member:
    NJ (609)
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 Taco,‘22 Hybridlander
    You only get one life brother; and believe it or not, its not very long. Cut your ties, enjoy yourself and don't bother "looking." When you least realize it, happiness will find you, whether it is a great deal on a new Tacoma or the girl of your dreams you didn't know existed.

Seriously, I know its tough to swallow, but go buy some transformers and put it into perspective that she just doesn't get it. She couldn't cut the cord, which is supposed to be done when you get married and commit to someone.

You are better off. Keep yourself busy and before long you'll be happy that you let her go. There are plenty of good people (women) out there, trust me.

Good luck.

6. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    LocknLoad

LocknLoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    near the Cherohala Skyway, TN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Off-Road 4x4
    It's benificial to know when to "let go". Sometimes people grow together, sometimes they grow apart, consider yourself lucky when you see the signs and there are no kids involved that makes the separation more difficult.

Wish her the best, file for divorce so you can move on legally, mentally, and physically.

Good luck.

7. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:29 PM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Verbal agreements are worth the paper they are written on. Pay off and close or remove names from accounts, seperate checking accounts now. Though , she says no to retirement or alimony get it on paper but check with the attorney to see if it is valid for her to agree to that. Names off vehicles and insurance etc . It now becomes a business deal as sad as that is .

Cypher

8. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    southernpanic

southernpanic Well-Known Member

Member:
    ga.
    Vehicle:
    12 trd sport 4x4 dclb
    Pelfreybuilt,icon,camburg,allpro, method,Bushwacker,nfab,fox, Crown,toyo
    know you stated your not looking for advice, as i wasn't looking for a post like this on tw. but here we are. before you pull the trigger on this ask the one you vowed to to give you wisdom and strength in your marriage. saved mine and me! wish you the best either way it goes.

9. Apr 8, 2015 at 7:12 PM
    AG87BlkLX

AG87BlkLX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Greenbrier, TN
    You will be very lucky if she doesn't take half, savings, retirement, house, valuables ect. She's entitled to half. Any lawyer will let her know & help her. The longer you wait to sit in front of a lawyer & draw up this agreement where you get your cake & eat it too the more likely someone gets in her ear & she changes her mind. Women do change their minds.

10. Apr 8, 2015 at 7:20 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    4 what it is worth you are not ending your relationship because of $. From your first post. This is good. You may end up getting back together again, guess now is not the time.

11. Apr 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Meeting with the lawyer tonight. Everything is laid out on paper and will be signed by both of us tonight.

12. May 18, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    AWalker

AWalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Tacoma Washington
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB SR5
    O.M.E 885 Dakars nitros Snugtop allpro skids allpro bumper 4X inovations sliders Jayco pop up camper Torklift tiedowns
    Going through the first step of divorce myself. Completely different situation but similar that my wife wants out not I. I would do anything to keep my family together and have tried. We have 2 kids so it's even tougher. I work 50 plus hrs a week and most weekends and would walk off the job right now if it would make a difference. If you feel your job is more important then you've already answered your question. Money wont make you happy if the one you love isn't their with you. Doesn't sound like she's giving you much choice though so leaving your job and moving may be a big mistake since it doesn't sound like she cares if you come with her. I don't mean to sound harsh but that's what iv found in the last 5 month Iv been trying to convince her this is not a good decision. On the bright side Iv been talking to other friends that have gone through it and helped make me realize this is not the end of the world. Some times the road doesn't end, it just turns in a different direction.

13. Jun 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    holy crap..

since she is basically letting the marriage go for such a tiny reason..i agree with some of the posters..she quit a long time ago, and just found her "out".

i'd be cool and let her go. nice and easy. good luck bud.

14. Jun 8, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    UssMoGn

UssMoGn That Vegas dude

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Las Vegas NV
    Vehicle:
    05&04 Tacoma SR5
    Home Built Front Bumper HID Headlights LED Cab lights 2013 Radio swap MOLLE DC Insert Traffic Cam F&R 6'' Procomp lift Custom Grillie
    Sorry to hear man, but I agree with you wanting to keep a good paying job with benfits. Job markets hard right now. especialy if your in a special feild of work. Im not sure id be able to pick up and go with a somewhat decent job in the works.

To Top