1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem Installing 885 Springs Not Compressing

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Drunknsloth, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Feb 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    The coils in the video are OME 885 and 5100 shocks. The springs are just painted silver.

I know because I made that video and that is my truck.

2. Feb 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    That's the scariest part of any mod.

3. Feb 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    I knew there was nothing about taking the bolts completely out, and that was the first thing I tried and the alignment cam collar didn't move, so then I took the bolt out but it didn't matter the Alignment cam collar simply will not move. I don't see any difference with them in or out. It's the alignment cam collar that won't move and that is the only thing I can think of that would be keeping the LCA up.

I can barely even get the far front alignment cams to turn with the LCA compressed all the way on the stock springs, or with it uncompressed as far as it can go but it still won't drop enough and still won't turn. I got the passenger side to work but I'm not even sure if it is correct now because I can't get this alignment cam to turn on the passenger side either

I found this: About stuck alignment cam collars but it seems like most everyone cut them out. I guess it could make sense for me since I live in Utah and they just cover the road in salt... But I don't really have the money to buy new LCAs

4. Feb 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Yeah I got your method to work on the passenger side by pushing down on the uca, but now I'm on the driver side and the lca won't go down far enough for me to remove the stock assembly

5. Feb 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS

Did you put cribbing underneath the jack stands to keep the truck sitting a bit higher to enable the lca to fully swing down?

6. Feb 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Well I have the 6 ton Jack stands that are tall enough, but the lca doesn't come close to touching the ground

7. Feb 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Well, a real noob mistake :eek:... The lower shock mount was too tight for it to turn enough to lower the LCA... I'm finished with the lift now! Just need an alignment...

Products Discussed in

To Top