1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with Amsoil EA057 Filter

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by agapedisciple, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    agapedisciple

agapedisciple [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    Skid plate, Tonneau bed cover, Toyota bed liner, Bed Extension bar, Nerf bars
    I work with an Amsoil rep and he talked me into a case of the 25K oil a couple years back. Well now I'm up for an oil change and he was a bit hesitant about going with the same oil filter for my truck.

He said that Amsoil reported a problem with the EA057 filter. The oil is getting "gummed up" in the filter. The report specifically called out the problem in Toyota 3.0? and 2.4 engines. Not sure if my engine (3.4L) would have the same issue. It's been a couple years that I've been running it now. (2 oil changes)

Is anyone else familiar with this problem?

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    coldcanuk

coldcanuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    3.4 L
    Just go with the OEM interval change.

I have been using Amsoil for years in my cars and bike, amazing stuff.

Here's the link to the pdf:
    http://www.amsoil.com/dealer/techservicesbulletin/filtration/tsb fl-2009-05-01 eao toyota.pdf

Hardcopy pdf attached also.

Amsoil is just being conservative. I don't like to go much over OEM change intervals anyways. They offer a MANN filter now, but I don't think they're the same quality as Amsoil. Have a look at the youtube videos of some guy cutting the filters apart.

Attached Files:

FinnJ likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top