1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with battery installation

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by MadisonE, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Apr 14, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    MadisonE

MadisonE [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bell, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sr5
    I have a 95 tacoma. I bought a new battery, but when I hooked it up the alarm went off and won't stop. I called the dealership and they told me the only way to stop the alarm is by using the keyless remote. Only problem is, I don't have it anymore. And the dealership does not sell them, they tell me. I tried looking online for an aftermarket one, but after conversing with customer service for ikeyless for a couple days, found out that they don't know if theirs will silence the alarm. I can't seem to find a remote online. I bought the truck used, and am not sure if it's a factory alarm or dealership installed one. I'm told by the dealership it's 95% likely dealership installed. I can't drive it to the dealership to find out for sure. Anyone have any suggestions about this problem of mine? Any thoughts are much appriciated.

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    rockgecko03

rockgecko03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rockwall, TX
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma - Perpetual Project
    I had an aftermarket alarm on an older vehicle and it had an LED button that flashed when it was armed. It was also the manual over-ride switch. In your situation, I had to turn the key to the on position and hold the button for 5-10 seconds with that alarm. It's hard to say without actually seeing it.

You could disconnect the siren/horn in the meantime to avoid the noise while you figure it out and save your eardrums...

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    REDSEAWATACO57

REDSEAWATACO57 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chanh
    seattle,wa
    Vehicle:
    19 Toyota Tacoma Dbl cab TRD
    Modded
    just put your key in the ignition and turn the key. It will automatically disarm the alarm. I had this problem on mine and install a different aftermarket autopage. If it is factory should silence siren and disarm starter cut.

Products Discussed in

To Top