1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with battery installation

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by MadisonE, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Apr 14, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    MadisonE

MadisonE [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bell, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sr5
    I have a 95 tacoma. I bought a new battery, but when I hooked it up the alarm went off and won't stop. I called the dealership and they told me the only way to stop the alarm is by using the keyless remote. Only problem is, I don't have it anymore. And the dealership does not sell them, they tell me. I tried looking online for an aftermarket one, but after conversing with customer service for ikeyless for a couple days, found out that they don't know if theirs will silence the alarm. I can't seem to find a remote online. I bought the truck used, and am not sure if it's a factory alarm or dealership installed one. I'm told by the dealership it's 95% likely dealership installed. I can't drive it to the dealership to find out for sure. Anyone have any suggestions about this problem of mine? Any thoughts are much appriciated.

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    rockgecko03

rockgecko03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rockwall, TX
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    I had an aftermarket alarm on an older vehicle and it had an LED button that flashed when it was armed. It was also the manual over-ride switch. In your situation, I had to turn the key to the on position and hold the button for 5-10 seconds with that alarm. It's hard to say without actually seeing it.

You could disconnect the siren/horn in the meantime to avoid the noise while you figure it out and save your eardrums...

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    REDSEAWATACO57

REDSEAWATACO57 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chanh
    seattle,wa
    Vehicle:
    01 Toyota Tacoma Dbl cab TRD
    3" Tuff Country lift, 16x8 Ultra 164 wheels with 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's,Chrome Grille guard,6K HID everywhere,Kobalt tool box, magnaflow exhaust,K&N intake,Custom sub box with two 8" Kicker,Indash DVD and Gps,MOd'd dash guage to blue led's
    just put your key in the ignition and turn the key. It will automatically disarm the alarm. I had this problem on mine and install a different aftermarket autopage. If it is factory should silence siren and disarm starter cut.

To Top