1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

problem with front suspension..

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by AmbiguousBry, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Dec 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    AmbiguousBry

AmbiguousBry [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    California
    6" lift on fabtech suspensions, weathertech window visors, yakima roof rack, pioneer head unit, boston acoustic speakers, kicker sub, and more to come.
    i have a 97 tacoma that had a 6inch lift. and i have problems with the front suspensions. i switched the aftermarket control arm with a stock control arm that was found at a junkyard, and still used the aftermarket springs. those springs are too big and were jammed in there. im looking for some stock springs for it, and found a pair on ebay from a 2002 tacoma. and was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit or not? thanks.

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    NegroTundra

NegroTundra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD 4WD 5 spd
    given you have a 6 incher, it's most likely a db (drop bracket) lift. It wont be as simple as swithching back to stock coilovers to fix everything. There is a lot of work involved with reverting to stock (which is what it sounds like you want to do). Cuttin and welding will be a skill your pretty good at by the time your done with your goal. Pics will help us diagnose your situation... Good luck!

To Top