1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with Mudflaps and Sunvisor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pipesmokemcgee, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    pipesmokemcgee

pipesmokemcgee [OP] Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner DoubleCab
    Howdy folks,

I've got a 2005 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab, and it really is a great truck. The mechanics are wonderful, and she runs like new after 80k miles.

However, the more aesthetic stuff is terrible. First, the drivers side sunvisor went dead and just hangs in front of your face. I couldn't get it to stay up, so I removed it. However, it'd be nice to have another one as it is handy driving into a sunrise/sunset.

In the last 3 months, 2 mudflaps have broken...both on the right side. Keep in mind, this is the 2wd Prerunner, and has never really been offroad. There is no reason that they should be broken.

I went to the dealership to get a recall fixed this morning, and they quoted me a FORTUNE to fix this stuff ($400). All I need are the parts and I can do it myself. Do you guys have part numbers on any of this stuff, or have another solution?

Thanks!

Ben

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    Ben

The parts you are seeking are usually available in the for sale section of this forum.

Also there are threads on here with links to new OEM part suppliers that discount.

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    The mud flaps break in the wind... common occurrence. Actually most people rip the fronts off, and a lot trim the back ones. The front ones can actually rip some of the fender off if you are off-road.

As for the visor... maybe it was abused before or something? Never had an issue with them in either of my trucks.

I have some extra fronts I can sell a set if you want. I need to see what they go for but I won't ask much.

To Top