1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problems with driver's seat

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoinMD, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    TacoinMD

TacoinMD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Double Cab Sport.
    Has anyone experienced this problem with their driver’sseat?

My driver’s seat in my 2010 Tacoma makes a constant popping noise. The noise seems to emanate from the hinge mechanism and or the lower seatback area. The noise occurs during acceleration and or turns, as my body shifts in the seat. I’d describe the noise as a popping noise or a noise similar to Styrofoam packing peanuts rubbing together. The noise is loud enough that I can here it over the stereo.

Findlay Toyota in Henderson, NV told me that all 2010 and up Tacoma seats make the popping noise due to the redesigned seat / head rest safety mechanism. Fletcher Jones Toyota in Las Vegas, NV disagreed with Findlay and has made several adjustments to the seats, however, they can’t seem to eliminate the noise. Fletcher Jones is attempting to have the seat replaced, however, Toyota seems to be dragging their feet.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

2. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    I'm sorry but mine does not make that noise.

3. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    brett1586

brett1586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Athens, Ohio
    I have a 2010, no noise here either.

4. Jan 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    A ford sales person told me that the up/down window switch in the speaker grill in the back seat of a 1990 Mustang convertible was stereo volume.
    They are all full of BS! Yes all of them!
    My 08 makes noise if I move the seat back & it does not set. I guess it's the (for lack of better words) spring setting . It's like my shifter boot it makes a noise then I turn it and it stops. My clutch pedel and so on.

5. Apr 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    TacoinMD

TacoinMD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Double Cab Sport.
    Driver’s seat update (04-10-12)

Brad, the Service Manager at Fletcher Jones Toyota in North Las Vegas went above and beyond to resolve my seat issue. After disassembling my driver’s seat several times in an attempt to determine the cause of the noise and popping / poking sensation in my lower back as well as the broken lumbar support mechanism, Brad insisted that the District Service Representative replace my driver’s seat with a new unit.

A short time later the original and defective seat was removed and the new seat, minus the popping noise and poking sensation was installed.

Ain’t it funny that Findlay Toyota attempted to feed me a line of crap stating that all 2010 and up redesigned Tacoma seats making a popping noise, while FletcherJones Toyota said, “No way” and ordered a new seat for me.

You would think some of these dealerships (Findlay) are paying for the warranty parts out their own pockets?

For those of you in the Vegas Valley that need warranty service, my advice is to make the drive north to Fletcher Jones Toyota.

Products Discussed in

To Top