1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problems with heater motor and rims

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zeppelin987, May 22, 2012.

1. May 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    zeppelin987

zeppelin987 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    AFE Stage 2 cold air intake, Front bed d-rings, TRD seat covers
    I had my heater motor and rims replaced at 58000km under warranty, the heater had the tick when it was cool out and the rims had the problem with corrosion under the paint. I'm at 110,000km now and am having the exact same problems with these parts again. The dealership said that there is nothing they can do so I called Toyota Canada and they are giving me the runaround. I understand that the truck is out of warranty but if they replaced the faulty parts with parts that have the same problems, is it not their repsponsibility to fix it?

Wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and if they got them resolved? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. May 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB, TRD Sport 4x4, MGM
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
    My heater has been replaced once and I am hearing it coming back again. Gonna try to get it taken care of before I hit 36,000 miles and it falls off warranty. I have a frien in WA that had his replaced too. I have been wondering the same thing. It seems like they haven't done anything to actually fix the problem.

To Top