1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ProEFX Towing Mirrors

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by mach1man001, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    06ToyTaco

06ToyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DCLB Sr5 Silver
    OME 885X, 1.5" AAL + TSB, LR UCA

I plan on doing the same and was thinking of something like this. Found picture on the web, but should be able to work in this application.
    [​IMG]

Plan on using a 470 ohm resistor and different diode (1N4003) though.

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I would tie into the taillights since you have DRL.

That will have them off during the day, only on with the turn signals.

3. Feb 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Blueanimal

Blueanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    K&N 77 series intake, Throttle boby spacer, Bilstien 5100, Firestone airbags, Brush Gaurd, Gooseneck hitch, Whelen lights and siren
    I'm starting to get used to it. It's not to bad.

4. Feb 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    kavy

kavy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    CALGARY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC TRD
    3" Lift
    Any word on the Canadian orders shipping?

5. Feb 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    OK I know that you guys/gals in Canada are looking for the mirrors and if they were to be shipped out UPS they would have already been sent out. When I first asked my boss if it can be done we didn't anticipate as many sales as we got, now for us to ship them USPS we need to set up a business account with them that I am in the process of completing. If I had known that this was needed to be done I would have taken care of this before hand and it would be all set.
    I am sorry to everybody for the delay but I will keep you all updated as to what is going on and when they will be shipped out.

6. Feb 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    shawnd2

shawnd2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Thanks for the update Rob, let us know once they ship.

I wish I would have known that this would cause a additional 4 + week delay as I would have had them sent UPS to the mailbox I have in Niagara Falls and save the additional $20 in shipping charged to Canada.

Shawn.

7. Feb 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    marcballz

marcballz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Mcallen,Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD
    Electrical: 24/7 aux pwr, cabin ac outlet, fog light on, 55 watt hids (5k), engine bay lights, dash color swap, led cab/footwell lights, Exterior: air compressor w/ dual tank & dual horns, toolbox, headache rack Audio: pioneer head unity 12" jbl sub , (4) db drive 6x9, 360 db amp, 600 dual amp
    i have a question for Rob or anyone else that received there mirrors with a led. can the led be swapped/exchanged for a different color? is it a socket led or possibly a surface mount led?

also a suggestion for starting a new thread in the 2nd gens section just for these mirrors w/ possible lighting options/after market switches/relays/resistors items needed to install.

just throwing it out there

8. Feb 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    elclem21

elclem21 Quebeker

Member:
    First Name:
    Clément
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD DCLB
    OME 885x front, TC UCAs, OME Dakars rear, 4.30 gears, Eaton Detroit Truetrac (rear diff), HomerTaco Raptor Style satoshi grill
    X2

I have a shipping option to Ogdensburg, NY. All I have to do after is to drive over there and pick up my delivery directly at the UPS Store, and then go across the border again.

9. Feb 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Just say the word and they are gone. I can send them anytime by UPS just give me the address. I'll also refund the difference in shipping costs if sent to a US address. :) Hope this helps. This is of course for anybody. For everybody else that needs them shipped to a Canadian address if you stay patient I promiss to get them out ASAP.

10. Feb 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM
    elclem21

elclem21 Quebeker

Member:
    First Name:
    Clément
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD DCLB
    OME 885x front, TC UCAs, OME Dakars rear, 4.30 gears, Eaton Detroit Truetrac (rear diff), HomerTaco Raptor Style satoshi grill
    I'll send you a PM. I have to deal with a busy schedule but might have a way to work it around.

11. Feb 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    a89aries

a89aries Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    London Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD offroad
    Damn if i'd known that I would have had them shipped to MI when I was there for Sno Drift a couple weeks ago, oh well.

Will a resistor need to be added to the turn signals on the mirrors? I always understood that the resistor was added when replacing the factory turn bulbs with LED lights, but simply splicing in and adding the extra LEDs but leaving the existing incandescent turn signals should remain fine no? I can't see this messing up the resistance test to check for burnt out bulbs?

Really wish I had these this week

mirror.jpg

12. Feb 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    03stepsidetaco

03stepsidetaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    centralcoast CA
    Vehicle:
    03 stepside taco
    I like someone is making somthing for the tacos for towing.
    I have an 03, would these fit? or are you planning on making some for the older tacos? just got a new 19.5ft TT and the strap-ons suck. need somthing better,FAST!!

13. Feb 25, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    Ed.

Ed. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 crew V6 Auto TRD Sport
    Hello:
    Is the group buy still going on? I would like a set of the black power mirrors.
    Thanks Ed

14. Feb 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    kavy

kavy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    CALGARY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC TRD
    3" Lift
    It's been a few weeks I was just wondering if there was any update on the Canadian orders?

15. Feb 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    Hollywood218

Hollywood218 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-Road
    I assume the power adjust is still plug-n-play for the 2013s?:taco:

16. Feb 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    dlew

dlew Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    a truck
    BHLM, 265/50r20 Proxes Tires, custom leather interior, ExTang Tri-fold hardtop bed cover, installed OEM foglights, Bugflector, Plasti-dipped rims, Plasti-dipped Emblems, Installed uhaul Trailer hitch and ball, GrillCraft mesh grill, 275/55r20 Nitto terra grapplers, pink fuzzy dice mod, billies at 2.5", Sockmonkey decals, four hella 500s in the grill, Weathertech floor mats, Debadged tailgate, removed pinstripes, installed cb, spidertrax spacers, aftermarket led tails, custom rod holder, OME dakar springs, OME N182 extended length rear shocks, OME extended ubolts, Dakar extra leaf, color-matched bumper, lower valence blacked out, BAMF tie downs, led headlight housing, color matched grill surround, bedlined all pro rear bumper, n-fab prerunner light bar
    Had anyone connected the blinkers?! If so, please post a tutorial on how to do so. I'm not too good at reading diagrams. :D

17. Feb 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    taczilla

taczilla I intend to live forever; so far.... so good!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    2012 TRD Sport - STOLEN! / 2016 RAM Rebel
    Why is it taking sooooooooooooooooo loooooonnnnnnnnnnnng to set up a USPS account for Canadian shipments?????????????????????????

Do you have to carve out your application with hammer and chisel on a stone tablet?

It took me 3 seconds to buy them by pushing a few keys on my keyboard.

Common', man. Git 'r dun.

;-)

18. Feb 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    abcdleines

abcdleines Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Portland, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Super White, Two tone black and grey leather, AVS hood protector, AVS in channel window visors. Leer 180 cap. New TRD exhaust, TRD 17" wheels.
    Would like a set of heated with turn signals in all black if the group buy price is still good. Thanks Brett

19. Feb 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    a89aries

a89aries Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    London Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD offroad
    This is getting a bit silly, Americans have had theirs for over a month now, its going to be summer by the time these stupid things even get here. My Money was taken out on Jan 24, over a month ago.

20. Mar 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    OK so my boss has a appointment to set up the account for USPS on Wednesday. At that time the account should be up and running and we will be shipping them out right away. Sorry again for the delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top