1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ProEFX Towing Mirrors

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by mach1man001, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    taczilla

taczilla I intend to live forever; so far.... so good!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    2012 TRD Sport - STOLEN! / 2016 RAM Rebel
    I like!

What method of shipping to Canada?

USPS Priority Post

or...

rip-off UPS / Fed Ex / Courrier

Thanks!

2. Dec 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
  3. Dec 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    Blygy

Blygy Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2012 DCLB TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Trail Teams Edition Supercharger
    I am pretty sure it is USPS. That was one of my concerns as well.

4. Dec 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    how much further out than the stock mirrors do these stick out??? i'm currently rocking the strap on ones from napa when towing my toy hauler and this is what i need. but they look like they stick out pretty far, even when folded down?

thanks

5. Dec 6, 2012 at 3:55 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!

We do all of our shipping through UPS.

6. Dec 6, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    Blygy

Blygy Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Crap. There is another 60 - 100 bucks I need to add to the savings acct for the mirrors.

Oh well. These are the mirrors Tacos should have come with.

7. Dec 6, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Man that sucks. I didn't know the fee's were that high. Some one else was saying they thought it was gonna be $40 -$60.

8. Dec 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    Blygy

Blygy Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    No worries. It isn't your fault. But yea 60 bucks is probably right any way.

The kicker for me is I am rural so everything gets handed off from the courier to Canada Post any way. LOL.

Thanks again for your work on this and getting us a deal.

9. Dec 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    taczilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    That absolutely fackin' sucks... 'cause that would be over $100 in courrier fees on our end on top of the $45 shipping fee. That's just plain stupid. :boink:

You don't have anyone down there who knows how to wrap and label an item USPS???

Just sayin' ...

edit: Since we are are only 10% of the market and growing because of our strong dollar, and perhaps by using Canadian friendly methods of postage or shipping, such as USPS, you will increase northern sales. (No USPS claimed over $19.99,and no Fed Ex whatsoever) It could raise your sales volume by a a little sh*t pile.

:canada:.

10. Dec 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    taczilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    Last week I paid $77.27 UPS fees on a $209 purchase from NY. Plus $30 shipping. Their brokerage fee was $36.85 alone and taxes on top of that. You'd be looking at taxes on the product plus original shipping on their end, plus brokerage fee, plus taxes on the brokerage fee at this end. Do the Math.

... the first $45 fee to get it here and about $90 to receive it. :eek:

That's over %50 of the original price, with UPS skimming a good chunk of change. That is just wrong.

USPS PLEASE !!!!

11. Dec 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    Hurtin Albertan

Hurtin Albertan Free Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Duck
    on the road less traveled
    Vehicle:
    The mud hides the tree scrapes in the paint
    Huskyliner floor mats
    Lol, it's like doing business in some un-named 3rd world countries.... Keep paying each person that says "wait here" until you are free and traveling through the gate. :D They give you a receipt here though. :p

12. Dec 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Well good news to all the Canadians! I have talked to my boss and have confirmed that we CAN ship USPS. I don't know how much the shipping costs will be for sure but I will try and find out and update the thread in a couple of days.
    For anybody else that is considering these we have decided that we will be having the Group Buy go on until the end of the year. If anybody wants a set or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask or contact me directly.

Thanks,
    Rob

13. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    The drivers side measures about 16" when in 19.5" when extended and the passengers side is 15.5" tucked in and 18.5" when extended. The difference is the angle that they are made. I'll try to do something to answer most questions over the weekend.

14. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    DWreck

DWreck Famous Retrieval Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Smurf Truck
    Plasti-dip paint, TRD S/C, MCM Fab LT kit, bunches of my fab
    Subd for future

15. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    iamjoealex

iamjoealex Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joey
    new Bedford ma.
    Vehicle:
    12 trd sport dcsb
    those mirrors dont belong on a yota their too bulky and not sporty at all why dont you make mirrors somthing like a tundra tow mirror or a titan with blinker maybe not as big

16. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    What do they say about opinions and assholes? Oh yeah, we all have them and they all stink... :rolleyes:

It's TACOMAworld, kinda wouldn't make sense to sell Tundra mirrors. Also, there are a lot of people who wanted either towing, heated or direction mirrors or, buy these and get all 3.

Sorry, I don't mean to jump on you but this is a sale thread, if you don't like the product, move along. No need to bash it...

17. Dec 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    Hurtin Albertan

Hurtin Albertan Free Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Duck
    on the road less traveled
    Vehicle:
    The mud hides the tree scrapes in the paint
    Huskyliner floor mats
    :cheers::thumbsup: Package them good though, any packages I get through postal service exhibit signs that maybe they were used in some kind of shinny game among disgruntled postal workers.:D

18. Dec 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    taczilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    :yay:

All you need to do is post the box dimensions, weight, and zip code where they are shipped from. Then add the link below in the post. (Maybe add this info to the OP, so it doesn't get buried in the thread.)

We can calculate the shipping using your info and our postal code on the USPS site:

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10054&m=2&p=0&o=14&c=4

Scroll down to the Priority Post options, as I'm sure these are over 5lbs. total with packaging.

Cheers!

19. Dec 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    taczilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    Disgruntled Canadian postal workers, 'cause they're pissed at Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr for screwing them out of an NHL hockey season.

... but that's another thread. ;)

20. Dec 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Thanks Mike, there is no reason for this at all. You had your chance in the poll.
    They are. Each one is in a bag put in it's own box then both boxes are put together into one bigger box. :D

I'll try to remember to get this done for you this weekend but it's busy with work, a wedding to go to and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top