1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

progressive lift intentions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by kane, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Sep 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM
    kane

kane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    s.w. missouri
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 6" pro comp
    6" pro comp stage 1, Debadged, Tint
    Ok so I have read searched read some more searched again and once again read. I think I have a plan in order but I would like some input whether I have the right idea or not.
    I want to end up with a full 3 inch and done right. But I also have a budget and would like to see progress as I am able to spend. I would also like to not waste money by not being able to use the mods I get now incorporated into my final outcome(though im aware modding is 10 never finished).
    So my thoughts are 5100s up front to level and give me space for some bigger tires and a set of wheels. Once I recoupe from that hit to the savings get some coils and aal or leaf pack. (With rear shocks) and still be able to use front just change setting? Then after that hit to the wallet spring for ucas ..... and im thinking that will get me to a decent set up for a good stance on my ride ...
    Is this a good route to take and any pointers if Im missing anything .....
    I know there's tons of lift threads.... but I never really found anyone saying how they got there by trying to budget.
    thanks for any input

2. Sep 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Why not just save until you have enough to do the install once?

3. Sep 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    ^^^
    This

But yes, that plan works. Just use the 5100's to level for awhile, then set them to 0 and have coils do the lifting

4. Sep 22, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    kane

kane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    s.w. missouri
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 6" pro comp
    6" pro comp stage 1, Debadged, Tint
    Well id like to get the front up so I can get bigger tires as I said and then once I do that ill basically do the rest. But im not gonna want to buy stuff and let it set while im waiting to get the rest and id like to see progress as I dump out my money

5. Sep 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    how much lift in the front do u need to level it with the back with the 5100's? .85 or 1.75?

6. Sep 23, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    drifter

drifter moderately modded

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    good stuff
    OME 880's/Nitrochargers, Rebuilt leaf packs, diff breather extension, hole in air box, truck toolbox, panasonic stereo, Mag light mount, Glasstite canopy, Custom designed/built light bar, Hella 500's.
    From what I see, you don't want to level, you want to lift and run bigger tires right from the get go, right? If so, then the 5100's set at 2.5 would probably let you run 33's *some trimming might be needed*. Once you get the money, then you would get new coils etc, lower the 5100's, and get more like 3 inches of lift, right? That sounds like a pretty good plan. Except...if you Are planning to run bigger tires *33's?* up front with the 5100's in the beginning, how are you going to fit them in the back? Unless I'm wrong, you will need to lift the back before you get the new meats. That would make your first step 5100's and an aal/block/leafpack/shackle. If you got an aal as one of your first steps then your cost would go up about $80 or so.

To Top