1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ProTuningLabs.com

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Frmrbob, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Jul 6, 2016 at 11:38 PM
    Frmrbob

Frmrbob [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver Tacoma TRD
    All Pro lots just bought the truck!!
    Has anyone ordered the projectors from there site!!! Reviews just orders a set so won't get them in for a week or so. I would love to do a real retrofit but I don't have the time being in the military! regardless the stock headlight are pretty torn up. Any advice would be much appreciated. Just pick my first Taco up about a week ago.

2. Jan 2, 2017 at 11:11 AM
    zerotimeouts

zerotimeouts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4.0 S/C
    @Frmrbob Did you end up ordering from these guys? How were they? I was thinking about it...

3. Jan 3, 2017 at 9:01 AM
    Frmrbob

Frmrbob [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver Tacoma TRD
    All Pro lots just bought the truck!!
    Yes I did. Honestly I wasn't to happy with them with in 2 months I ended up with condensation in the housing. The cutoff on the projector are horrible. So I ended up picking up the Spyder headlights to replace those I like them much better. But I also ended up saving some Christmas money and got a Retrofit done from AmericanRetrofit.com it was a little expensive, but well with it if you can do your own Retrofit I would recommend it. Here's some pics of the Retrofit IMG_2879.jpgIMG_2880.jpg

QMEDJoe likes this.
  4. Jan 3, 2017 at 3:52 PM
    QMEDJoe

QMEDJoe Proverbs 3:5-6

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 black DLX Tacoma,5VZ-FE,5 speed,4x4.
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    Just went on there website. I've been thinking about replacing my stock headlamps and one option is going with retrofit. I noticed the options range from $400 to $1200+ I don't have a clue what any of those options even are!?...RGB remotes, projectors, shrouds, front and rear Morimoto halos? Any links to understanding retrofit lights before I make the purchase so I at least know what I'm getting?

5. Jan 4, 2017 at 4:27 PM
    Twinkie0311

Twinkie0311 Mall crawling like a boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    OME Lift w/ Dakars, TRD catback exhaust, 275/70/17 with SCS Stealth 6. and much more.
    QMEDJoe likes this.
  6. Jan 4, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    QMEDJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    Just got this from them in an email.

"
    Hey Joey,

Of course, I will explain each of them for you in order.

4 channel RGB remote: an optional special remote for the halos if you have more than one RGB accessory this allows you to put each accessory at a different color at once. It is an extra and is not needed as we provide a standard wireless remote to control the color changing halos. The standard remote controls all RGB accessories together so everything is the same color.

Custom paint: We can leave the headlights all chrome, paint the housings black, white, or however you would like.

Projectors: The acme Mini H1 projector is our standard Mini H1 projector. The Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 projector is a bit higher quality and has a sharper cutoff line. The Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projectors are a step above that. If you aren't a stifler about the little tiny things then go with the acme projectors.

Shrouds: we offer many different style shrouds to choose from. We mount the halos on/inside the shrouds and then we mount the shrouds onto the projector to hide the solenoid and cutoff shield. Apollo 3.0 and panamera are our most popular shrouds.

Front mounted halo: these halos are mounted on the front of the shroud.

Rear mounted halo: these halos are mounted inside/behind the shroud and shine through the given holes in the shroud you choose.

Morimoto Demon eyes: these are little LED modules that we mount behind the projector lens to illuminate the lens in different colors.

HID Kit: we do recommend an HID kit with HID projector headlights. They are a key part of the retrofit to produce optimal light output.

Lens etching: we can laser engrave any design you can think of on your projector lenses. Just select yes and send us the image you desire.

Morimoto LED fog lights: we unfortunately do not offer fog lights for your model vehicle.

Hopefully this clears everything up a bit, if you still have some questions don't hesitate to ask!

7. Jan 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM
    Twinkie0311

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    OME Lift w/ Dakars, TRD catback exhaust, 275/70/17 with SCS Stealth 6. and much more.
    If you are going to pay someone to do a retrofit. I would go FX-R projectors or if you want something really nice and want to pay the money the muranos are great. I wouldn't pay someone that much for some D2s. D2S' are good I have them, but if you are paying that much money might as well get more. Check out Rechelon they are great.

QMEDJoe[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jan 4, 2017 at 5:21 PM
    QMEDJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man, I'm just now in the research phase so I I at least have a rough idea what I'm putting my money into. I'all look into those companies as well

9. Jan 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    Twinkie0311

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    no problem. If I were to do mine again I would choose OEM housing vs aftermarket and I would leave my DTRL chrome and leave out the halos.

I had some issues with my aftermarket housing quality was not good at all and my amber halos were burnign out. The only way to replace them is to rip the headlights back open. Look decent, but not worth the hassle IMO.

Eventually, I'm gonna get a new set built. Probably go with OEM housing, FX-R projector and gatling shrouds, with everything in the housing painted black except for the DTRL and a passive amber demon eye mod (that just means the area behind the lens is painted amber so when the lights are off it will look like I have amber bulbs).

Products Discussed in

To Top