1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RearViewMirror, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Nov 16, 2017 at 10:01 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Okay.... this is why I like Battlefront 2 multiplayer. The big uproar about being able to spend real money to gain cards is kind of a moot point. I've not spent a dime and I still have the cards unlocked that I want. The other thing is, even if you did spend money on cards, you can't upgrade them until you hit a certain level. Sure you can use them but they will be low ranked and not much value over anything that I have equipped. So if that is keeping you from buying the game then don't let it stop you.

But here is the real reason the multiplayer is so fun. Galactic Assault is a blast. 40v40 and the matches can last up to 20 mins depending on the team your playing with / against. I wanted to try out a Wookie for a hero character since I've never played with one. It's a little harder than I thought but that's how you learn. Still... I'll take a 20-8 everyday.

2. Nov 16, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    gkomo

gkomo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
    Looks pretty fun!

3. Nov 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    How you think it is for casual playing? I didn't get to play much, maybe a few hours a month at most. Want a new shooter just to pickup and destroy shit in. Still playing Battlefield 1, but would be nice to switch it up. At the same time something that requires countless hours of grinding is not what I want.

4. Nov 21, 2017 at 12:31 PM
    gkomo

gkomo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
    Just picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn. Amazon has it for $20 for Prime members. It seems to get awesome reviews all around so I figured $20 is worth it.

5. Nov 22, 2017 at 6:29 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I think it's fine for casual players. Especially since EA (of all publishers) suspended microtransactions for the foreseeable future. Again... The microtransactions weren't as big of a deal as they made it out to be since it really didn't affect gameplay. Yes, someone may have opened Darth Vader but you still have to play well to be able to actually "access" Hero characters like that. Plus as far as the card system goes, if you open up a card you want, you're still gated from leveling that card by your level so again... it's not a big deal. So for a game to just go in and shoot other people, it's like any other PvP game out there. If you're decent, you'll still have access to Hero characters which of course are OP but they are meant to be. But very seldom do you run up upon more than one player (in a 20v20) match with a Hero character on each side.

As far a visuals and sound go, there aren't many games that can compete. With a PS4 Pro or the new Xbox One running at 4k looks unreal. Even with the grand scale of the battles it seems that nothing slows down and there haven't been any framerate drops. You have four classes to choose from and then four weapons from each class. As you play throughout the PvP mode you gain points and the more points you gain you open up different options IE: Tie Fighter, Chewbacca, Darth Maul, and various other heros or ground troops etc... It rewards you for playing the objective by giving you more points. You can choose to spend those points anytime you wish but the longer you hold onto them rewards you with the OP Hero characters. Once you jump in with Darth Maul, unless you do something stupid, you are pretty much unstoppable. But the PvP is extremely fun and with HUGE maps and so much shit going on around you, it really does make you feel like you're in the movies.

Sloth[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Nov 22, 2017 at 6:47 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Let me rephrase the "I don't think the microtransactions were as big of a deal as they made them out to be".

Microtransactions are starting to be a real issue with many games now. Especially if the microtransactions turn into a "Pay to Win" model. In games like Destiny for instance, they have microtransactions but they don't affect gameplay at all. They are cosmetic items or emotes etc... But now microtransactions have made their way into single player games such as Shadow of War where you either have to slog through a long period of grinding the same types of missions etc... to gain access to the higher level items you'll need to complete the game OR... you can spend money and get the loot boxes you need to make it easier. Until the general population that plays these types of games stops spending money in game or refuses to actually buy the game, microtransactions aren't going away. I don't have an issue with them "personally" since I don't spend any real world money in the game. But if the trend continues, we'll be "gated" behind certain types of progress in the game until you actually do spend real world money (much like games on mobile devices). After buying a $60 game you shouldn't be forced into paying more to be able to complete the game but that's the direction we're headed right now. EA and DICE did the right thing by listening to all the criticisms on Battlefront 2 and have suspended microtransactions which is a step in the right direction. Time will tell how it affects the game once they bring them back.

uhplifted likes this.
  7. Nov 22, 2017 at 7:47 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Thanks. And ya microtransactions are bs (Imo) for things that can give you an advantage. Battlefield 1 is decent, but there's just something about it that just doesn't make it that great to me.

I think I'll pick it up. I just want something where when I get a chance every once ina blue moon I can hop on and shoot dudes in the face for an hour or so without being spammed by stupid drones and shit ala COD

8. Nov 22, 2017 at 7:50 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You'll like this game then. No drones or killstreak rewards that get you kills without you actually doing the killing lol. PvP is really a lot of fun and the visuals and sound are amazing.

9. Nov 22, 2017 at 7:52 AM
    Sacrifice

Sacrifice Motorcycle Goon

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    dont forget half ass releasing a game and then expecting dlc to be paid for a month later :crapstorm:

10. Nov 22, 2017 at 7:58 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Don't get me started on D2 :mad:

The only reason I'll be playing the expansions is because I've already paid for them. Fuck Bungie

uhplifted and Sacrifice[QUOTED] like this.
  11. Nov 22, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    Sacrifice

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    im not even sure id own a ps4 now if i didnt already have it. near zero interest in playing any game.

12. Nov 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    99.9999% of the time mine is our cable box basically. We run PS Vue, Netflix,Amazon etc.... On the extremely rare occasion the Giblets are in bed at a reasonable time and the wife is asleep and I don't have chores to finish, lunches to prep for the next day, etc... I might get 30 min-an hour to play.

13. Nov 22, 2017 at 9:21 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    We still play all the time. Just not D2. We only schedule one raid a week now just to do the challenges and to play together. We'll play the expansions on D2 but I'm not holding out much hope that the game will get much better anytime soon. I just can't wrap my mind around how they fucked this game up so badly. They had a really good foundation to build off of from D1 and I didn't think that they could fuck it up any worse then when D1 launched but they did. It's absolutely worthless right now to me. D1 turned into a really good game by the time The Taken King came out so they had a very good base to start from with D2. But D2 is worse than D1 EVER was (even at launch). There is literally NOTHING to do in the game right now. Bungie's lost over 75% of their player base from when D2 launched. That should tell everyone how shitty this game is in it's current state.

uhplifted likes this.
  14. Nov 22, 2017 at 9:32 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Can I get in on those raids to be carried through to say I've done it :rofl:

15. Nov 22, 2017 at 9:36 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Whenever you like. I certainly don't mind helping people that want to do the content. That's the only part of the game that is fun at the moment.

uhplifted[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Nov 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    What's your tag on PS? I still need to finish the story campaign and get to level 20. I used to be pretty good at D1 on Xbox so I shouldn't be too much of a hinderance other than being under geared

17. Nov 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Craig_Christ_420

18. Nov 22, 2017 at 10:16 AM
    Sacrifice

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    who knows. i cant fathom spending money on any future destiny series game. they just meed to drop it and make something else. halo was their god game and they need to go back to that style

19. Nov 26, 2017 at 12:30 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I suppose there is a reason There is No Substitute for a Porsche.

911 RSR on Nurburgring. Lap Time 6:26..390

20. Nov 26, 2017 at 12:39 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm getting closer to 100% completion on most of the Shadow of War categories

Products Discussed in

To Top