1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RearViewMirror, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Aug 24, 2020 at 8:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I think you will enjoy it if you like open world games. It is really well done and the way that the game pushes you to find items or quests in the game is unique. There is no hud to speak of. You just follow the wind or certain animals to take you to your location. The combat is a lot of fun also.

2. Aug 24, 2020 at 8:36 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Not to mention, it is probably one of the best looking games on the PS4.

theesotericone likes this.
  3. Aug 25, 2020 at 6:31 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    Dang, dude, that took an extreme amount of killing. I just maxed all my stuff and have been in Act 3 for a little while.

4. Aug 25, 2020 at 10:25 PM
    theesotericone

theesotericone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bishop CA
    I'm an idiot. I purchased it last night. I also swear I hit the DL button but I guess I didin't. Anyway, it DL'd enough for me to get through the prologue. I've got another 90 minuted before I can resume play. lol

First impressions are pretty good. The graphics are superb. The game mechanics are intuitive and fairly easy to get used to. I started it on hard and the fighting is pretty easy so far. I'm hoping that gets better. Take that with a grain of salt as Dark Souls are what I'm used to as far as difficulty goes. Now I get to wait to find out what happened after a certain someone pushed me off a bridge. lol

5. Aug 31, 2020 at 8:15 PM
    theesotericone

Member:
    Bishop CA
    @OZ-T @RearViewMirror

Thanks for the thumbs up on Ghosts. I've got about 8 hours in so far and it's pretty damn good. Like Far Cry meets Assasins with Souls like combat. The combat is very good. With the parry mechanic timing window being so large it's fairly easy to get through boss fights. I'm not playing the main story much. Mostly just dong the side quests and exploring. I've got about 7 skill points saved up and have only upgraded weapon and armor to level 2. Once I start getting killed a lot I'll upgrade but for now it's enjoyable to take my under leveled character and fight on. lol

RearViewMirror[OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 31, 2020 at 8:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol... You're pretty much in the same boat as I'm in. I've played very little of the main storyline as I've just been running around looking at shit and doing a few side quests. I've been splitting my time between Destiny 2 (which takes up most of my time) and Ghosts. I love the combat system and I've only got the first new piece of armor. So I'm not very far into the game at all. I only have a small amount of the map open so far. But it is a beautiful game and well made. Plus I love the Japanese Samurai play. Really good game.

7. Aug 31, 2020 at 10:48 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm still in Act 2 , have all 4 stances maxed , all Ghost weapons unlocked and maxed , all my Samurai abilities unlocked and obtained , 3 of the 4 Mythic combat arts unlocked and all Evolving Tactics unlocked and maxed except the last one that is still unavailable for me to purchase yet

Sword and dagger are fully upgraded , bows are both fully upgraded , all my ranged and quickfire ammo capacities are fully upgrade plus I'm running around in fully upgraded Gosaku's armour

loving this game

8. Aug 31, 2020 at 10:49 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    you should use your technique points to unlock your stance progression , helps a lot in combat

9. Sep 1, 2020 at 5:36 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I 100% finished Ghost this weekend and passed the disc off to my daughter. Only my 2nd platinum trophy. Fantastic game.

10. Sep 16, 2020 at 2:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    PS5 Coming out Nov. 12th for $499 for the disc version and $399 for the digital version.

Preorders opening up tomorrow. Good luck.

11. Sep 16, 2020 at 2:36 PM
    KlutchTaco

KlutchTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central IL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Trd Sport 4x4
    Anyone a pubg fan here? It’s the best worst game out there. Been hooked since beta

12. Sep 16, 2020 at 2:38 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Nah... never got into Battle Royal games.

13. Sep 16, 2020 at 2:40 PM
    KlutchTaco

Member:
    Central IL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Trd Sport 4x4
    I’m a fan on the realistic game play when it comes to the weapons, fire rate, bullet drop etc.

14. Sep 16, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Got a buddy that only plays the new Modern Warfare Battle Royal. He's addicted to it. I just can't get into it for some reason. I'm obviously in the minority though lol.

15. Sep 16, 2020 at 2:50 PM
    KlutchTaco

Member:
    Central IL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Trd Sport 4x4
    meh idk I stoped playing the cod games a while back def don’t play the battle royal as it’s complete diff to pubg. Pubg is definitely in its own lane.

16. Sep 16, 2020 at 3:36 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah... It's been around for quite a while.

17. Sep 16, 2020 at 3:45 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Hoping I can get in on the preorder tomorrow. Sony sent me an email about a month ago for the signup to preorder. Looks like they are taking into account how long you've had an account with them, how many PlayStations you've bought, etc... If that's the case, I've had a PlayStation since the PS1 and every one since then. Hell... I've got four PS4 Pros in the house right now. So hopefully I can pick one up directly from Sony without going through the hassle of trying to order one from one of the retailers. I just hope my Astro Controller can be firmware upgraded to it. I would hate to go back to a normal controller even if it is a new style. Why Sony won't create an Elite Controller like Xbox is beyond me? They are losing a fuck ton of money to Scuff, Astro, and all these other companies making pro controllers for the PS.

18. Sep 17, 2020 at 8:27 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    @RearViewMirror Were you able to find a pre-order? If so where did you go?

19. Sep 17, 2020 at 8:29 AM
    theesotericone

Member:
    Bishop CA
    I haven't gotten the email from Sony yet. I also have email notification turned on for Amazon when they have pre-order stock back in. Eventually one of those will allow me to spend my money. lol

20. Sep 17, 2020 at 9:06 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    No. Here's what I found out. After the date reveal yesterday preorders were supposed to begin on the 17th (today but that would most likely been midnight Eastern time last night).

Grasty, me, and another buddy were playing last night and they noticed that Walmart and Best Buy were already accepting preorders. I tried to order through Best Buy but it kept getting caught in the payment screen because there were so many people ordering at the same time. They sold out along with every other retailer out there. I tried Amazon my time 11:00PM and they sold out immediately before I could get my order in. I went on Walmart's website and they were out of preorders but it said that preorders would be accepted in store today for those that weren't able to get an order online. I showed up at Walmart at 7:00AM thinking that there would be a line waiting but there wasn't anyone there. Went to the electronics counter and talked to a dude in his early 30's. He was cool as shit and he gave me the rundown of what happened. After the announcement yesterday an email came from corporate from Walmart stating basically "why wait until tomorrow to open up the preorders?". So they opened them up. Once that happened it was a domino effect and all the other retailers did the same after they saw what Walmart was doing (with the exception of Amazon). Even he couldn't get one and he was at work yesterday and he gets an employee discount. So he doesn't have a preorder either and Walmart is not accepting in store preorders in case you were wondering.

Good luck. I got an email from Sony a month or so ago to sign up to be selected for preorder. The way the email read was they would take into consideration how long you had been a Sony customer, had an account with Playstation, etc.... I've had an account with Playstation since 2008 and have bought 2 PS3's and 5 PS4's (4 of them Pros). I wasn't selected. I will be very surprised if there is another round of preorders before Nov. There are a limited supply of PS5's and I'm sure the Covid crisis hasn't helped matters.

When the PS4 launched I was lucky because I had a friend that worked at Gamestop. He doesn't work there anymore so I no longer have an "in". It was at least 2-3 months before I finally started seeing a few PS4's on the store shelves and they were being snatched up quickly. Since supply will be even more limited this time, it might take longer than you think to get your hands on one.

I'll get one when I get one. I'm still only playing Destiny so nothing has changed. The graphics won't look any different since it's still running on the same engine. The 60FPS and new internal SSD would be nice though.

Products Discussed in

To Top