1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RearViewMirror, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2021 at 11:36 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT Manual
    I will say one thing... Going back to a capped 30fps is unbearable. I went to my buddies house to help him figure out a few things in Destiny 2 and I was playing on his PS4 Pro. It was unplayable. I didn't realize just how much difference it made going back to 30fps from 60 or 120fps but it is night and day. I don't know how we actually played it? Then with the ability to open up the FOV? Playing in regular FOV is horrible.

gkomo likes this.
  2. Jun 8, 2021 at 11:52 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    Yeah.
    There's a browser plug-in called OctoShop. I work from home and can monitor my home PC, and it alerts you when they come in stock at standard retailers. We got one for me and another for my daughter using it, both through Best Buy.

gkomo[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jun 8, 2021 at 11:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Funny you couldn't get one though Walmart but I could lol.

4. Jun 8, 2021 at 12:03 PM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    I get no special treatment other than a 10% discount. Which would have been nice.

I did have the skinny on when Sam's was going to release some stock at one point, but it was at 11:00 PM and I was sleeping. And I don't think they had very many units. They were testing the bot detection stuff.

5. Jun 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM
    gkomo

gkomo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
    Is this extension generally safe? I went to install it and a popup came up saying "this extension can read and change all data on any website you visit".

6. Jun 8, 2021 at 3:59 PM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    I generally keep things simple and clean, but I haven't had any issues with it. I forget it is running mostly.

7. Jun 9, 2021 at 1:30 AM
    Jthizz2006

Jthizz2006 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Vehicle:
    16 black tacoma DCSB SR5 4x2
    Mlb the show 21 on Xbox is becoming my favorite game to play. With that said, I have an original Xbox one and I believe the console is rejecting the game 80% of the time. It’s a pain in the ass and I think it’s the beginning of the end for it.

8. Jun 9, 2021 at 5:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I had 4 PS4's (3 of them Pro's) and all but one of them had the disc drive failure. They would last about a year and then it would start rejecting the disc. Luckily every game I have right now is digital. I really wanted the Digital version of the PS5 but beggars can't be choosers so I had to take what I could get.

9. Jun 9, 2021 at 9:22 AM
    Jthizz2006

Jthizz2006 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Vehicle:
    16 black tacoma DCSB SR5 4x2
    im not having any success right now. I feel like I either have to uninstall then reinstall the game. If that doesn’t work, I gotta make a claim with San Diego studios on this

10. Jun 10, 2021 at 12:48 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
  11. Jun 10, 2021 at 1:01 PM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
  12. Jun 12, 2021 at 2:09 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
  13. Jun 15, 2021 at 10:05 AM
    gkomo

gkomo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
  14. Jun 15, 2021 at 11:45 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I agree. Really cool. Not sure I'd try something like that since there is a huge shortage of PS5's for the foreseeable future. But it's definitely a cool project that I'd like to have sitting on my desk.

15. Aug 12, 2021 at 10:04 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    So I've been playing a lot of Diablo III since there isn't much going on in Destiny at the moment. I originally bought the game back in 12 (I think that was when it was released?) on PC and played it for quite a while. It got off to a rocky start and I quit playing since I was still into MMO's pretty heavily at the time. I had purchased it on PS4 quite a while back and played some but never really scratched the surface of what it has to offer. Now that I've been playing for a month or so pretty much every day, I've really come to like it. I love any game that hangs the carrot just in front of my face to chase the best loot in the game. I still have a lot to learn and how to efficiently go about farming for specific loot. I'm kind of lost at this point and I'm kind of stuck on Torment XII. I know I need to farm more XP and gear to put into Kanai's Cube. I've tried to look on youtube but most of the videos are geared for veteran players so I'm just learning as I go. But I'm really surprised how deep this game is and how much better it is than it was at the beginning (with the real money AH which was a MAJOR flop). I'm actually so impressed that I preordered Diablo II Resurrected last night. The open Beta starts tomorrow so kind of looking forward to that. And, I must admit, it's kind of fun learning a new game with so much depth.

16. Aug 12, 2021 at 11:09 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    It's probably been 5 years since I last played, but I do own it. I should download it again. My daughter plays it, but I think she plays on PC. Not sure if I am missing a bunch of add-ons now, though. Pretty sure I finished the single player content. If I recall correctly, it wasn't that deep of a campaign. Diablo II seemed much deeper. I think I still have the CD's for PC.

17. Aug 12, 2021 at 11:21 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    The campaign is just to get you into end game. That's it. Running bounties and Rifts (Greater Rifts) is where the game really starts. The story is a throwaway story since that isn't the purpose of the game. The purpose of the game is the loot, running higher level content, and min / maxing your character. As far as the expansions go? I just got the collectors edition which gave me everything including the Necromancer class. $39 IIRC.

*EDIT* In other words... If you are playing for the story... You're playing it wrong lol.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  18. Aug 13, 2021 at 8:33 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    @TenBeers

So I'm slowly starting to figure out the game. I still can't find any videos on youtube that aren't completely for basic learning of the game or for veterans. There is no inbetween which is where I sit right now. I know all the basics. But I'm not leveled enough to run the farming routes that most of these videos show. I've had to do a lot of research just to find out where and how to get certain items in the game. And even then it isn't always completely clear. So what I've gotten so far I've basically stumbled across.

I've (so far) gotten 3 pieces of the Firebird's Finery set. As the name suggests it is built around fire attacks. I'm not on the PS5 at the moment but I forget which item gives me the ability to Teleport around without a cooldown (that's what was giving me so much trouble in higher level content). Teleport has a 90 sec cooldown IIRC so I couldn't find it useful. But at the same time, I was getting overrun by mobs on Torment XII. So it felt like I hit a brick wall. Once I found that item, I can spam Teleport as much as I want. I'm sure I'm not running an optimal build but so far, I've been able to run anything with no issues. Now I'm just trying to farm mats to either create certain items or run Greater Rifts for the set drops.

Here's what it looks like now that I can spam Teleport. I love the two Hydras and have them set up through a pair of shoulders I have set up in Kanai's Cube (don't ask... that's a complete different discussion lol). I'll drop them on the field as add control or drop them in a doorway at the start of a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl8q3xt18fY

19. Aug 22, 2023 at 3:53 PM
    Mister Grey

Mister Grey The Viking of disapproval looks in your direction

Member:
    Hayward Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4
    The Works.
    I got a new xbox and it came with diablo 4. I rolled a druid. Things are cool. I play for a couple hours, level a couple times, get some nice gear, then I get butt raped by some boss fight from hell. Break my armor. Rage quit. Find a youtube video of a 12 year old who did it first time...yadda yadda, you know. I'm literally going to throw this thing out the window. Also finding out many, many of my games are not backward compatible.

Products Discussed in

To Top