1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pulled over in Payson...

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by McJosh, May 31, 2010.

1. May 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There are actually clear ceramic tints (I forgot the name again) that work even better than limo tint. Limo tint blocks out visable light so it does help cool it a bit- but the ceramic stuff (as I understand it) blocks more of the UV spectrum- and that the real heat.

2. May 31, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    McJosh

McJosh [OP] avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    I'll look into this for my windshield. :)

3. May 31, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    McJosh

McJosh [OP] avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    Hüper optik? Ceramic tint people.

4. May 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    IamTacO

IamTacO red balls got me!

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    QC az
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner SR5 TRD-Offroad
    4x2 Prerunner. Hankook Dynapro ATM rf10 265-65-16, e-locker FTW! Morimoto d2s bi-xenon HID projectors, Philips 85122+ 4300K, Cobra 75 w/ 3' firefly, Kenwood KDC-MP342U w/ SIRIUS, Line-x bed liner, 4' coretrax(black)
    i would consider it too, but i'm on my 3rd windshield since i bought my taco in january. i have zero luck with rocks :(

5. May 31, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    I recently did some research into Huper. I was told it has the same effect as having 3 layers of limo in terms of the amount of heat it keeps out. Unfortunately, it would probably run 5-600.00 to do a truck. But since the AC is so shitty in these trucks, it may be worth it.

6. May 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Josh, you have had a rough week. Truck getting punched, stopprd by the popo.

7. May 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    21 to buy a gun? Really...I figured it was 18?

8. May 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Have you seen the way some of the police drive in the valley? Ignoring any and all laws with no lights or sirens and seemingly going no where a lot. Failure to use signals almost constantly in lane changes or changing roads, tail gating, a lot of stuff. Some might be for a purpose, but I highly doubt most of it is. The one that bothers me the most is speeding without lights on.... why do they get to do it and I get a ticket.

Also didn't Pinal just show a wrecked cruiser the other day from the officer doing something horribly wrong lol? I still say all the officers should get Bondurant training :D

9. May 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    LEO's are WAY more trained in driving than Joe Public. Keep in mind, when they are responding to a call, Their adrenalin is up, they have to get to their location as fast, and safe as possible, while dodging stupid drivers, pedestrians, while listening to the radio for instructions, and working the computer. Most people cant drive the speed limit while drinking coffee.

10. May 31, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Soo what you just described is no different than how most people drive...speeding, ignoring laws, no signals, tailgating etc

However we're trained to operate a vehicle a little bit different than how most people learn to drive

I dunno about the picture...i mustve missed it...

Speeding without lights on is often necessary because you dont want to go full lights/sirens into an armed robbery call...that kind of lets the knuckleheads know youre coming...same with many other calls where the lights/siren may alert the subject and either cause him to flee or evidence to be destroyed

I'm not saying we should be allowed to drive like we want...but often theres a reason behind it...

And that driving school doesnt look like they teach anything different than what ive been taught...except their courses are only 1-3 days...whereas mine was roughly 2 weeks plus a recertification every 6 months

And like i've reiterated to my parents time and again...ability to adhere to the law does not make you a good driver...my mom obeys every traffic law that she knows about...and she's NOT a good driver at all

I wont argue that some cops dont follow the laws because youre right...but saying the average citizen is a better driver than a cop is ridiculous...if that was the case...police would never catch anyone during a vehicle pursuit...

11. May 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    Taco Gunner

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    I agree! I know a lot of cops who admit that they speed while on and off duty. I would be willing to bet if you were to poll 100% of the cops, the percentages of those with moving violations would be nil, way below the average citizen.

When I was in Arkansas, I watched a cop toss a cigarette on the ground prior to entering a mall. (I absolutely HATE littering.) I approached him and asked him to pick it up and that I was pretty sure littering was illegal. (I would have assumed he would have done the same thing had it been me..but I do not smoke) He decided that he was not going to be addressed in that manner and threatened to arrest me for disorderly conduct. I was STUNNED! I dimed him out to his boss and provided some names and numbers for witnesses. I am confident nothing happened.

I have a lot of respect for law enforcement. I do not have respect for those that regularly and arrogantly violate the laws they punish others for breaking.

If you break the law, expect being called out on it, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

12. May 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    Taco Gunner

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    How often to LEO's take physical fitness test?

13. May 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i take one every 6 months and if i fail 3 i'm terminated

14. May 31, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    Taco Gunner

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Is that standard for the Sheriffs? What about DPS, city..ect?

15. May 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Point of clarification- Police do NOT punish anyone. They observe, cite, record, and generally report on situations. The courts punish people.

The cop you approached about the cigarette was a d-bag. Not be cause he was a cop but because he was a d-bag. If he WASN'T a cop he probably woulda started a fight or made a scene which would have ended up with cops being called.

16. May 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    who said i work for a sheriff?

my dept is one of the few in SC that requires one that often and is that strict...but...i also work in one of the roughest areas of the state

17. May 31, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Kinda how everyone should be...IMHO.

18. May 31, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Yep I agree.

Police in MA fly on the highways, especially when their shift is over and they are going back to the barracks.
    Also many of the unmarked have 10% on the windows.

The law clearly states and also states the exception of service/emergency vehicles

19. May 31, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Wow...this turned in to quite the thread. Must be bag on cops day (Just Kidding). I did post a pic of a wrecked Charger. From what I understand it was late at night and since Arizona is an open range state, that particlar Deputy hit a cow in the roadway while responding to a call. It happens. We in the Sheriff's Office spend a large amount of the time driving distances (Our counties are huge in comparison to a lot of states) and gong from call to call. Collisions are going to occur, it's the nature of the beast. I'm sure Tigerfan will agree. I am not trying to justify an behavior here or make excuses. I know from my stand point that I seldom write speeding tickets because I speed myself. If the driving behavior is so dangerous (i.e. speeds greater than 20 mph over the posted speed limit, reckless driver, etc) I will usually write a citation. I've been cited in my past and yes, took traffic school for a speeding ticket on my motorcycle 5 yrs ago. I was off duty and out in the middle of nowhere on open highway, but got popped by radar anyway. I pulled over and waited for the officer, who chose to go after my buddy. I continued to his stop and took my lumps. I have nobody to blame but myself and took full responsibility for my actions.

20. May 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    yep

i dont stop people for speeding unless they are absolutely being blatantly reckless and are an immediate danger to themselves or others around them

i've been pulled over plenty...a couple times after becoming a LEO and i've gotten ticketed twice since becoming a LEO

despite what the public would like to think...a badge doesnt give us the right to do whatever we want and it isnt a get out of jail free card

I've never used it to get out of anything nor has it helped me...i knew i had done wrong regardless and paid my fines and went on about my life

Products Discussed in

To Top