1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pulled Pork! (56K modem users get take-out!)

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by cdikkers, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Sep 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    cdikkers

cdikkers [OP] Minimum Wage!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    New Berlin, IL
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue '05 PreRunner
    I pulled my pork and you can too!!! Seriously though, innuendos aside, my wife and I are hosting Sunday dinner tonight, and we had a good deal on Pork Butt at the store I work at, so pulled pork it is! And here is how I did it should you want to have something similarly wonderful...

[​IMG]

The setup. You will need about 10 pounds of pork, 24 cloves of garlic (or equivalent minced), 6 teaspoons ground coriander, 6 teaspoons ground cumin, 6 teaspoons crushed oregano, 3 teaspoons onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 12 cups of beef broth, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and something to eat it on. (I use hoagie buns)

[​IMG]

Trim some fat, save it if your into soap making...Or leave it on for flavor, I dunno. The wife wanted it gone.

[​IMG]

Here is my sous chief Rocky eager to help with the prep work.

[​IMG]

Is it to early for a beer? It is? Dang, well next best thing...

[​IMG]

Aye, there's the rub...Combine all dry ingredients in a bowel with garlic, stir until it's consistent. Then rub your meat like you mean it...

[​IMG]

I like Swanson beef broth. Yes I used all three...

[​IMG]

Prepare your jacuzzi for dunking your meat...

[​IMG]

After you've rubbed your meat to your level of satisfaction, dunk it in and get ready to stick it in...(THE OVEN YOU SICKO!!!)

[​IMG]

I hope you like it hot honey...(And I hope you've been preheating)

[​IMG]

Bottom rack, here she sits. Get ready, this will probably take 3-4 hours.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile set your crock pot up for phase two...

2. Sep 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Lifetime LED 70W headlights 10-8-14 (set #2) Sylvania Silverstar fogs, front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge...
    Dammit now I'm hungry :drool:

3. Sep 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAR
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    This is looking good.

4. Sep 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    cdikkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    New Berlin, IL
    Vehicle:
    Okay, phase two...That's going to take awhile so you might as well enjoy some quality cinema while you wait...

[​IMG]

Been awhile since I've watched this...

[​IMG]

Since The Blues Brothers is not a standard of measure, I went ahead and probed my meat with our digital wireless thermometer that we got with points on our Visa card. I have it set for 170.

[​IMG]

About 4 hours later the alarm sounds. Oh shit it's done! (phase one anyway)

[​IMG]

Stop licking your screen!

[​IMG]

I used my meat hooks (Yes, I have meat hooks) to get it out of the sauce and let it cool for a little bit. You will be shredding this with your hands, so this is in your best interest. Speedway Blue hot holders help it, but aren't required...

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Rocky cleans up the juice that may have spilled. Notice the Speedway Blue dog collar? I think it took a couple tenths off in the quarter...

[​IMG]

You can use forks, you can use knives, but I think the best way to handle your meat is to use your fingers like God intended. I worked my way through the cool parts first, putting the shredded bits into the black bowel and the fat and gristle in the trash. (There will be meat that doesn't make the cut, sad fact of life kids)

[​IMG]

The shredded bits go into the crock pot along with all the juice. This will continue to tenderize and simmer on low until the wife and inlaws show up.

So there you go, that's how I spent my morning and early afternoon. I hope I made you hungry, I hope it was informative. In the meantime, I'm going to go clean up some of the mess I made and get the rest of things ready....Happy Sunday dinner all...

5. Sep 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Lifetime LED 70W headlights 10-8-14 (set #2) Sylvania Silverstar fogs, front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge...
    OK now I need to get some lunch. That looks so good, I think I know what I need to make this week. :drool:

6. Sep 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAR
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    Oh god dam. Im on my way. That sir is some good lookin meat. No homo

7. Sep 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
  8. Sep 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    cdikkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    New Berlin, IL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys. We cooked up some red beans and rice and had some wine and beers to go with it, and it turned out to be a great dinner. And to top it off, I've got about 4 pounds of leftover pork! :hungry:

9. Sep 20, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Damn that looks good!

To Top